Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Induction > Rustys Offroad Rustys Airtube

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Rustys Offroad Rustys Airtube Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Induction Next Product

Rustys Offroad Rustys Airtube

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $90.00
Average Price: $75.00
Manufacturer: Rustys Offroad
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 3

The air tube can be installed in about 10 minutes and will deliver 5 to 10 horsepower and will greatly improve fuel economy. Rusty�s Air Tube is as simple as it gets but does the same job as the other guys that are priced 5 times as much. Rusty�s offers two K&N filters to fit the Rusty�s Air Tube which must be ordered separately. The 4.5 x 5 standard filters are plenty of filter for the 2.5 and the 4.0 liter engine. The 6 x 9 is recommended for the V8 engines and can be used on the 2.5 and 4.0 engines for a mean and muscle car look.

These are NOT designed for carburated engines.

These kits will work on U.K. versions of the XJ as well

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

chiefbill1959
chiefbill1959's Reviews
05-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Little more power
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the whine it makes, almost like a turbo!! Bought it in a kit with a 1" TB spacer and KN filter.

k9cop
k9cop's Reviews
11-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Increases air to engine
Cons: Don't like exposed air filter due to driving in flooded areas or going through a lot of mud, but I knew what I was getting when I bought it.
Recommended? No

Comments: Would recommend, but not to someone that likes to mud or cross rivers.

johnridesjeeps

johnridesjeeps's Reviews
04-21-2010, 12:43 AM
Price: $120.00
Pros: It came with the k&n intake plus throttle body spacer. helps with pick up, when getting on the freeway, good when paired with rustys catback and flowmaster series 40 muffler.
Cons: Had slight issue getting it on, rustys customer line was no help. Also i guess its not cold air, so it does not have a heat sheild.. i need to get one because your sucking in alot of hot engine heat. probably not to good.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Worth the price, like i said when paired with rustys cat back exhaust, brought the I6 acceleration up some. better pickup on the freeway. Would recomend this for the price, but there customer service was like a 5/10.

rednecknguy
rednecknguy's Reviews
04-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Price: $85.00
Pros: Way better air flow
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good flow and throaty sound

dlane2155
dlane2155's Reviews
03-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Price: $64.95
Pros: A little extra breathing.
Cons: Exposed filter. Not enough power to make it worth it.
Recommended? No

Comments: This was on the XJ when I bought it. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who likes mudding. If you are rock crawling or something where it is dry this would probably be fine. I will most likely be switching back to a stock air box and just put a regular K&N or other performance filter in it. There is no protection for this filter from water or mud.

cb2630
cb2630's Reviews

01-14-2009, 03:04 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .................................................. .................................................. ..

warrior_oh58d
warrior_oh58d's Reviews

12-27-2008, 05:52 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best cheap part i've ever purchased, great design!! and fully functional, felt power increase immediately

96_XJ_Country
96_XJ_Country's Reviews

09-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Price: $80.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the sound of this guy! Gives a great noise, almost like a turbo, while you accelerate. Definitely adds some top end power. Easy to install, definitely get the bigger air filter!

NicksBlackJ
NicksBlackJ's Reviews

09-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Also has a bigger air filter,and no box. Both the tube and air filter were included when i purchased my Jeep. The system also has no air box.

TophCasey

TophCasey's Reviews

06-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Price: $90.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: definitely helps, you can immediately feel the power kick up a litte, great whooshing sound.

Willy36

Willy36's Reviews

04-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Performance gains noticeable right away (on Renix, improved OEM intake of HO might not make such a change), improved gas mileage and even made the engine sound a bit better at full throttle. Clogs fairly easily, but not at major expense of performance or mileage.

tdogg55555

tdogg55555's Reviews

02-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Price: $30.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Decent set up for the money, I eventually used some tubing to bring the filter closer to the front of my jeep.

BeachinXJ

Resident McGeek
BeachinXJ's Reviews

11-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Price: $30.00
Pros: Increased Under-Hood Space
Cons: Filter sucks in more particles, No advantage when offroad in dirt, mud, or water
Recommended? No

Comments: This product seemed like a great idea in concept. Not so much for horsepower, but increased airflow and possibly more underhood space to work with. It turned out that the filter rustys sells with their part (K&N) lets more dust through then a paper filter when offroad. Even with the prefilter sock over the cone, it was just too much for me. When going through water, mud, etc. it was even more of a worry about foreign objects being injested into the motor.

For anyone who takes their jeep off the pavement, I would not reccomend this product. I have since sold mine to a fellow jeeper who likes the sound more than anything else.