Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Induction > Rustys Air Tube - TJ

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Rustys Air Tube - TJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Induction Next Product

Rustys Air Tube - TJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $75.00
Average Price: $38.75
Manufacturer: Rustys
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 1

Fits TJs, Unlimiteds and Rubicons!

Rusty’s Air Tube is one of the best things you can add to your vehicle. The air tube can be installed in about 10 minutes and will deliver 5 to 10 horsepower and will greatly improve fuel economy. Rusty’s Air Tube is as simple as it gets but does the same job as the other guys that are priced 5 times as much. Rusty’s offer two K&N filters to fit the Rusty’s Air Tube which must be ordered separately. The 4.5 x 5 standard filters are plenty of filter for the 2.5 and the 4.0 liter engine. The 6 x 9 is recommended for the V8 engines and can be used on the 2.5 and 4.0 engines for a mean and muscle car look.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

chedisme
chedisme's Reviews

11-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Rustys Air Tube - TJ
Price: $75.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It ok. It sounds good, It might give more power but it's not really noticeable. slightly better fuel economy.

vx1kxj
vx1kxj's Reviews

08-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Rustys Air Tube - TJ
Price: $15.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have the xj airtube its the same thing as this and it bring me up to 200 hp with a quaility cone filter

Trombino

Trombino's Reviews

07-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Rustys Air Tube - TJ
Price: $35.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice, inexpensive intake kit that uses a good size K&N filter. There was minimal "seat of the pants" pick-up after installing it, however the exhaust note now sounds a lot better.

Crystalship1

Crystalship1's Reviews

03-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Rustys Air Tube - TJ
Pros: Cheap and straight forward.
Cons: Came with a flat black paint job. I shot it with a coat of gloss black epoxy and it looks much better.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Running a Rusty's XJ adapter (NOT the long tube) w/a 9" K&N cone filter.

sealion2288

sealion2288's Reviews

10-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Rustys Air Tube - TJ
Pros: Easy install, noticable power and mpg gain
Cons: Doesn't look high tech
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This review is for the Air tube/K&N filter package only. I did not get the throttle body spacer. Best performance mod for the money. Saw a 2+mpg gain as well as a noticable gain in performance.

DemonDeacon
DemonDeacon's Reviews

11-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Rustys Air Tube - TJ
Recommended? No

Comments: My brother and I installed one on our 2000 TJ sport. Were not to happy with the performance. I installed a kn cold air kit on my explorer and love it so i was excited to the power gains for the jeep and was looking for a cheaper product then kn. The install was easy but it didnt fit right so i had to shim the entire thing. I havnt noticed any power gains and when i get the rpms up around 3000 the engine starts whistles really loud, i think because of the throttle body spacer but im not sure. it is kind of embarasing driving by other cars on the highway because it sounds like my engine is going to explode. I wouldnt recommend it unless you just want an easy system to install and clean.

digitalcox

Web Wheeler
digitalcox's Reviews

08-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Rustys Air Tube - TJ
Price: $30.00
Pros: Nice to have if you are running a York OBA set up, easy installation, cool sound
Cons: 0 performance gains, filter gets dirty quick
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this intake to have since I am in process of installing a York OBA system and that it is a tight fit with the stock airbox.

Installation of the air tube was a snap since it uses a stock hole location on the Wrangler. I did not notice any performance gains from it, only a louder "sucking" sound when I would get on the throttle.

The filter does get quite dirty and dusty when off-roading so a filter wrap would be a good investment as well.

Have a good one,
Justin