post #1 of Old 11-30-2010, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

RIPP Modifications LLC - Ripp Modifications - Ripp Mods SDS Kit 07-Present JK

This kit is great and not to hard to install. Removing the intake plenum was the hardest part. It improved my ability to conquer high altitude mountain passes (11,000 ft) and steep grades (6%) at those altitudes. The kit drives great and feels stock. The power delivery is gradual and smooth. I've got about 1,500 miles on it so far and I don't have any complaints.

YouTube - Pre RIPP GEN II Stage II Supercharged Jeep JK

YouTube - RIPP GEN II Stage II Supercharged Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited in the mountains of Colorado.

YouTube - RIPP Gen II Stage II Supercharged Jeep Wrangler JK 0-60

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Supercharger cropped.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	167498  
post #2 of Old 11-30-2010, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

This kit is great and not to hard to install. Removing the intake plenum was the hardest part. It improved my ability to conquer high altitude mountain passes (11,000 ft) and steep grades (6%) at those altitudes. The kit drives great and feels stock. The power delivery is gradual and smooth. I've got about 1,500 miles on it so far and I don't have any complaints.
post #3 of Old 11-30-2010, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

post #4 of Old 11-30-2010, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

post #5 of Old 09-18-2011, 08:58 PM
wanderlust1
2009 JK Wrangler 

Really easy to install
Power increase is awesome
Fuel economy up 1.5 - 2 city 4+ highway
post #6 of Old 03-07-2014, 03:19 PM
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

There is only one way to gain power - torque and horsepower - from the nominal 3.8 and that is through forced induction. I chose RIPP Gen II supercharger for its simplicity in design and maintenance and ease of installation - less disruptive than a roots type blower. Can't say enough good about it. Great on the highway for cruising the mountains in Colorado, but honestly, when rock crawling, it is all about finesse and crawl ratio IMO, not the added power.
post #7 of Old 09-08-2014, 12:09 PM
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Note: I installed this back in late 2011 when my Rubicon was completely stock.

Bought this for highway drivability and towing power. Before the RIPP SC, I was afraid to take the interstates because I simply couldn't accelerate fast enough to merge with traffic. It was worse if I was towing my open 6x10 trailer.

Installation was straight forward using tools the average home owner has in the garage. Screw driver, socket wrench, scissors. No welding. Hardest part was removing the intake plenum...one screw near the firewall is difficult to reach. Takes 6-8 hours to install. Everything you need is included to make it "plug & play". New spark plugs, fuel injectors, all the hardware, etc. The instructions are very detailed, and there is a video on YouTube that shows everything.

After installation, it fired right up. No check engine light. Once on the road, the difference was incredible! Added over 100 HP, and about 90 ft-lbs of torque. Now I can easily cruise down the highway, even while towing a fully loaded trailer. Acceleration is crazy compared to stock! Maintenance...just change the supercharger fluid every 8,000 miles, piece of cake.

The advantage to this supercharger (centrifugal) over the roots-style blowers (i.e. Sprintex / Magnuson) is the power comes on more gradually. You don't have a ton of torque dumped into the drivetrain at idle...which is what breaks things. If you want additional torque...that's what 4LO and axle gearing is for.

And yes, the MPG does increase 2-3 mpg, IF you can keep your foot out of the skinny pedal and drive like a normal person. LOL!

If you want highway drivability, this is the ticket. The best power/$$ modification you can install. Much cheaper and less complicated than a V-8 swap. Also CARB compliant for those in emissions-tested areas. Best mod I've done to my JK!!

2008 2-dr Rubicon, auto,
RK 2.5" Max Travel, Rancho 9000XL shocks, 37" Nittos, 5.38's, RR skids, Warn VR8000-S.
RIPP Gen 2 Stg 2 Supercharger.
Political Correctness offends me.