Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Induction > RIPP Modifications LLC - Ripp Modifications - Ripp Mods SDS Kit 07-Present JK

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

RIPP Modifications LLC - Ripp Modifications - Ripp Mods SDS Kit 07-Present JK Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Induction Next Product

RIPP Modifications LLC - Ripp Modifications - Ripp Mods SDS Kit 07-Present JK

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $4,799.95
Average Price: $4,749.98
Manufacturer: RIPP Modifications LLC
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.rippmods.com/2007_2010_Jeep_Wrangler_JK_V_3_Si_Trim_Stage_2_p/0710jkgen2-sds-stg2.htm

This kit is great and not to hard to install. Removing the intake plenum was the hardest part. It improved my ability to conquer high altitude mountain passes (11,000 ft) and steep grades (6%) at those altitudes. The kit drives great and feels stock. The power delivery is gradual and smooth. I've got about 1,500 miles on it so far and I don't have any complaints.

YouTube - Pre RIPP GEN II Stage II Supercharged Jeep JK

YouTube - RIPP GEN II Stage II Supercharged Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited in the mountains of Colorado.

YouTube - RIPP Gen II Stage II Supercharged Jeep Wrangler JK 0-60

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

HappyTrails

Registered Voter w/ID
HappyTrails's Reviews

09-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Price: $4,600.00
Pros: Incredible Power (100+ HP), Ease of installation, Increased MPG
Cons: Requires 89+ Octane gas.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Note: I installed this back in late 2011 when my Rubicon was completely stock.

Bought this for highway drivability and towing power. Before the RIPP SC, I was afraid to take the interstates because I simply couldn't accelerate fast enough to merge with traffic. It was worse if I was towing my open 6x10 trailer.

Installation was straight forward using tools the average home owner has in the garage. Screw driver, socket wrench, scissors. No welding. Hardest part was removing the intake plenum...one screw near the firewall is difficult to reach. Takes 6-8 hours to install. Everything you need is included to make it "plug & play". New spark plugs, fuel injectors, all the hardware, etc. The instructions are very detailed, and there is a video on YouTube that shows everything.

After installation, it fired right up. No check engine light. Once on the road, the difference was incredible! Added over 100 HP, and about 90 ft-lbs of torque. Now I can easily cruise down the highway, even while towing a fully loaded trailer. Acceleration is crazy compared to stock! Maintenance...just change the supercharger fluid every 8,000 miles, piece of cake.

The advantage to this supercharger (centrifugal) over the roots-style blowers (i.e. Sprintex / Magnuson) is the power comes on more gradually. You don't have a ton of torque dumped into the drivetrain at idle...which is what breaks things. If you want additional torque...that's what 4LO and axle gearing is for.

And yes, the MPG does increase 2-3 mpg, IF you can keep your foot out of the skinny pedal and drive like a normal person. LOL!

If you want highway drivability, this is the ticket. The best power/$$ modification you can install. Much cheaper and less complicated than a V-8 swap. Also CARB compliant for those in emissions-tested areas. Best mod I've done to my JK!!

RockyClymer

RedRock4Wheeler
RockyClymer's Reviews
03-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Price: $4,600.00
Pros: Great increase in torque and power, and with the High Altitude pulley starts down low.
Cons: Cost, and a bit tricky to get a good tune
Recommended? Yes

Comments: There is only one way to gain power - torque and horsepower - from the nominal 3.8 and that is through forced induction. I chose RIPP Gen II supercharger for its simplicity in design and maintenance and ease of installation - less disruptive than a roots type blower. Can't say enough good about it. Great on the highway for cruising the mountains in Colorado, but honestly, when rock crawling, it is all about finesse and crawl ratio IMO, not the added power.

wanderlust1
wanderlust1's Reviews
09-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Price: $4,900.00
Pros: Great boost for the weak JK stock power, easy install increased fuel economy
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really easy to install
Power increase is awesome
Fuel economy up 1.5 - 2 city 4+ highway

Charles
Charles's Reviews
12-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Price: $4,799.95
Pros: Great power gains. Easy to install.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is great and not to hard to install. Removing the intake plenum was the hardest part. It improved my ability to conquer high altitude mountain passes (11,000 ft) and steep grades (6%) at those altitudes. The kit drives great and feels stock. The power delivery is gradual and smooth. I've got about 1,500 miles on it so far and I don't have any complaints.

Charles
Charles's Reviews
12-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Pros: Great power gains. Easy to install.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is great and not to hard to install. Removing the intake plenum was the hardest part. It improved my ability to conquer high altitude mountain passes (11,000 ft) and steep grades (6%) at those altitudes. The kit drives great and feels stock. The power delivery is gradual and smooth. I've got about 1,500 miles on it so far and I don't have any complaints.

Charles
Charles's Reviews
11-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Pros: Installation Power gain
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes