Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Induction > K&N FIPK Gen 2 Cold Air Intake

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

K&N FIPK Gen 2 Cold Air Intake Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Induction Next Product

K&N FIPK Gen 2 Cold Air Intake

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $237.95
Average Price: $218.65
Manufacturer: K&N
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 2

Fuel Injection Performance Kit (FIPK) 50 State Legal!, Generation 2, Replaces Entire Air Intake Tract And Filter, Reusable Filter Lasts Longer, Makes More Power, 25.77 Horsepower At 4335 RPM's, Increases Fuel Mileage, More Economical, Easy To Install, Larger Filter Area Increases Service Intervals, Million Mile Manufacturers Warranty

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

rugbynut
rugbynut's Reviews

02-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: Didn't come with cleaning/oiling kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My father has been a mechanic by trade and an auto rebuilding enthusiast for 30 years. He runs K&N filters on a couple of his cars and his primary work truck. While he tempers the optimistic HP gains that the K&N advertising boasts, he does say that it has helped his mileage. I bought mine on his recommendation as part of an overall overhaul on the top half of my 94 YJ 4.0L engine.

As part of my overhaul I replaced, cleaned, and repaired a lot of wear and tear on a 14 year old engine. Other than replacement parts, no real upgrades to the engine were made, with the exception of this K&N filter. All I can say is that my Jeep runs a TON better. I cannot definitively say what portion of the positive gains my Jeep made that are directly attributable to the new air filter system.

I will say this though. It does sound a little louder and throatier. It does also, occasionally whistle/howl when really sucking in a lot of air during rapid acceleration.

The kit was super easy to install and called for some drilling that I didn't even do. The filter that came with it, comes pre-oiled and ready for installation but I thought that a kit that costs this much should also come with a cleaning and oiling kit included. Not a big deal, but my two cents.

Overall I'm happy with the kit an the performance of my Jeep since adding it.

ozlowole
ozlowole's Reviews

01-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Pros: Easy to modify for installing a york compressor for OBA
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install.

TJ_Jackson
TJ_Jackson's Reviews

05-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Good Sound, MPG went up!
Cons: Open filter
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had a DIY intake on my wrangler before (Actually was originally off a 5.0 mustang) and replaced it with the K&N kit. Noticeable difference in throttle response and I get 60 miles more per tank then before. Hard to believe by just an intake. My jeep run's 30" BFG T/A's with 3.73 gears. I would recommend this product forsure.

brotha_9
brotha_9's Reviews

03-23-2007, 05:12 AM
Cons: Not worth the $$$
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually hurt MPG and Seat o the pants feel in stroker with Bored TB.
DIY PVC!

wjs81866

wjs81866's Reviews

10-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Pros: Makes noise, Small HP gain
Cons: Cheap contruction, Poor filtering, Oil bad for sensors
Recommended? No

Comments: After having this on my 96 5.2 and 98 5.9 I can say that there is only a small amount of HP gain. MPG has actually gone down, although very little. Intake butterfly valves have crud on them not present when it was installed, metal ring can become unseated and plastic break and can end up getting sucked into intake (K&N CS knows this is an issue) Doesn't seat well to the intake; rubber gasket ring is not very good at seating. Depending on temp outside I would get a hissing due to leak, (Intermittent) Rubs hood liner due to miss-formed plastic. (Reason I had to have the first tube replaced.

I bought this like most people; with the thought it would make a difference in MPG and performance. Not true. I only say this as a frustrated customer that wanted to believe all the hype as much as everyone else. This isn't a slam K&N; it's a dead on review based on actual experience and not from someone who just installed it 2 days ago and wants to feel good about it. There has been independent testing done by private individuals out there that show the filtering is not what K&N claim, also it's been shown that the oil can harm sensors. Now I'm stuck with something that in all good conscience I can't keep on my Jeep. All I can say is that if you buy it; good luck. It’s simply not worth the money given what you get compared to all the advertising hype. It’s a lot of money for plastic; at the very least you would think their customer service would want to replace what is to them a cheap piece of plastic if it meant keeping a customer. Apparently that’s not the way it is.

Due to inflated price, inflated performance increase, inflated filtering capability and overall quality I can not recommend this upgrade item.

cheesycook

Accident Prone Bonehead
cheesycook's Reviews

10-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Pros: Nice setup, complete, easy to install
Cons: Very pricey, open filter concerned me about dirt and water
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought one of these for my old XJ that was rolled. It did what it was supposed to but I ended up selling it after hurricane season in which I was very concerned about water. For a fifth of the money you can put together your own system just like this one.

And uh..........with a bit of hood trimming.......it will fit with a one inch TB spacer:

RBall151
RBall151's Reviews

09-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Price: $218.00
Pros: Great Performance and Sound
Cons: No protection from water coming from underneith.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product and very easy to install. I was very impressed after I first installed it. It made a very noticeable difference over stock and I think it's worth every penny.

caldreaminjeep
caldreaminjeep's Reviews

09-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Pros: easy bolt on power,easy to clean, and will last longer than your jeep
Cons: u keep your foot in the gas to hear the sound the intake makes!!!!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i noticed a nice difference in horsepower after bolting this intake on. if you drive with some sense(TRIED IT ONCE, ITS NOT FOR ME LOL) you will also see better gas mileage. a great upgrade for the price. try ebay for an even cheaper buy on this intake!!!

Poor Boy

All Around Nice Guy
Poor Boy's Reviews

08-30-2006, 07:14 AM
Pros: a little better throttle response
Cons: it's just a little throttle response
Recommended? No

Comments: if mated with a bored out throttle body, aftermarket headers and exhaust, you may notice an increase in HP or better fuel economy. it does sound pretty cool, and a little better throttle response, but it's money i wish i'd spend elsewhere.

crushtheogre
crushtheogre's Reviews
08-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Pros: Noise, throttle response, easy to install
Cons: milage maybe?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like this product; I definitely see a difference in seat of the pants feel when stomping on or whenever the WJ downshifts. It has a great sound to it like a musclecar inside the cabin when you floor it. It may have affected my milage negatively(or is that my now heavier right foot?)
Paul

smartshot
Web Wheeler
smartshot's Reviews
08-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: odd i thought I seen you say V6 jeeps... do you mean those few XJ's that got the V6?

Would recommend it just because you can clean the filter

TheAngus

TheAngus's Reviews

08-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Price: $237.95
Pros: More HP and Torque, Better flow and nice sound
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This cold air intake is a very good buy for either the offroad or the street jeep. Gives you more horse power and torque and also adds a nice sound. They are sold for the v8 and the v6 jeeps and install relatively easily taking about 30 minutes to an hour.