Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Induction > K & N Cold Air Intake 57 Series (FIPK)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

K & N Cold Air Intake 57 Series (FIPK) Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Induction Next Product

K & N Cold Air Intake 57 Series (FIPK)

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

Average Price: $216.14
Manufacturer: K & N
Recommended?
Yes: 71 / No: 5

The Generation II FIPK® is K&N's ultimate performance product, designed to increase power by as much as 10%. Most FIPK's are street legal in all 50 US states and come with a Million Mile Limited Warranty. K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction as they smooth and straighten air flow. This allows your vehicle's engine to inhale a larger amount of air than the OEM air filter assembly. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range. The filters on these kits are washable and reusable. Most of our intake kits are relatively easy to install using tools commonly available

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

NYGLT56

Your Local Body Builder
NYGLT56's Reviews
02-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Sounds Great easy install
Cons: none really...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It took me a total of 1.2 hours to install. And man does it sound great when you go full force. You can really notice the torque and horsepower increases and you can slip the traction in second if your not carefull.

WJ-matt

WJ-matt's Reviews
02-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Price: $225.00
Pros: better throttle response, shifting alot smother, nice tone
Cons: not as loud as i though it would be
Recommended? Yes

Comments: amazing difference between the stock system vs. the K&N system, I noticed right off the bat, that the motor felt stonger, and quicker on the gas. shifting is also alot smoother. Some times i dont even know it shifted into gear. It has a nice tone when you put the pedle to the floor, but you cant really hear it otherwise.

grand cherokee
4.0L
w/ Borla cat back

JeepRader
JeepRader's Reviews
02-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Price: $240.00
Pros: Increase in throttle response
Cons: Noise
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Took longer than I thought to install, but worth it. It is noticable louder.

spencerk73
spencerk73's Reviews
12-22-2009, 01:17 AM
Price: $49.99
Pros: Gets the job done
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Home made out of pvc pipe lol, gets the job done. It took some improvising, but it sounds good and added some performance

Jeep-AI
Jeep-AI's Reviews
12-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: .
Cons: .
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ....................

haddox19
haddox19's Reviews
10-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Pros: Increased gas milage by 1mpg sounds awesome, looks cool +13 Horsepower
Cons: When I first installed this product the extra power actually broke one of my exhaust manifold bolts price is a little high
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased this product on ebay for approx. $250. It was super easy to install, it took 30 minutes max. It is the coolest thing to start up your car after installing the cold air intake and hearing the the intake roar. It pepped up my jeep a little bit and sounds awesome when you hit the gas. The only con about this product is that when installing it on higher milage motors it can cause stuff to break. My motor had 150,000 and a couple days after I installe dit it broke one of my exhaust manifold bolts. Im sure it would have eventually broke by itself, I just think the intake helped it a little.

superfishal
superfishal's Reviews
10-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Price: $265.00
Pros: Significant increase in Torque and Horsepower
Cons: Louder than stock intake
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installation will take an afternoon. Most of your time will be spent removing the OEM air intake. There are multiple attachment points through the wheel well for the heat shield for the new cold air induction setup. If you drive in dusty or rainy climate you will want to order a Drycharger wrap for the filter to extend the service intervals.

jeepmansro

jeepmansro's Reviews
10-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Pros: Pricey!!!
Cons: A little too tall
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The plastic air tube is slightly too tall and rubs on the underneath of my hood, leaving green marks on the intake, and bare metal marks on the hood. But it looks sweet. Had to take off the TB spacer I had on in order to make this kit fit. With the TB spacer i did notice a difference in throttle response, when I took it off and put this kit on it felt the same. But its nice having a less restrictive intake and a rechargeable filter.

Bentone
Bentone's Reviews
10-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Price: $129.99
Pros: Helps with gas Mileage alot and torque and HP
Cons: Have to jimmy rig to make fit where the old air box was.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: sound very bad *** sucking air, keeps engine a little cooler, increases gas mileage.

arjunanand1
arjunanand1's Reviews
08-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: More response when you hit the skinny pedal Works like a charm when combined with an exhaust.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent mod for offroad and onroad performance.

percichm
percichm's Reviews
08-08-2009, 03:25 AM
Price: $230.00
Pros: Nice sound, added mpg and hp
Cons: Fairly expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have owned different air intakes and I would only buy the k&n intakes. Best intakes on the market!!

BomberJeep

BomberJeep's Reviews
07-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Pros: Re-usable filter
Cons: Everything else
Recommended? No

Comments: I cant remember what I paid for this thing but it was a waste. I have used K&N FIPKs before with decent gains. They just dont work on a Jeep

gmp211
gmp211's Reviews
06-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Pros: Feel the power and +3 MPG
Cons: A little bit expensive for molded plastic
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very simple Install, and makes the engine bay look great. Couldn't be easier to get that extra power and MPG. A little pricey but worth it.

kathan21
kathan21's Reviews
06-12-2009, 03:14 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: helps and does wonders
Recommended? Yes

Comments: a must do

aspecialdad
aspecialdad's Reviews
06-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Pros: quick easy install, increased fuel milage, great sound
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this a few years back with throttle body space, is a great combination to purchase between the two I increased my fuel mileage by 3-4 mpg.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4