Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Induction > K & N Cold Air Intake 57 Series (FIPK)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

K & N Cold Air Intake 57 Series (FIPK) Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Induction Next Product

K & N Cold Air Intake 57 Series (FIPK)

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

Average Price: $216.14
Manufacturer: K & N
Recommended?
Yes: 71 / No: 5

The Generation II FIPK® is K&N's ultimate performance product, designed to increase power by as much as 10%. Most FIPK's are street legal in all 50 US states and come with a Million Mile Limited Warranty. K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction as they smooth and straighten air flow. This allows your vehicle's engine to inhale a larger amount of air than the OEM air filter assembly. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range. The filters on these kits are washable and reusable. Most of our intake kits are relatively easy to install using tools commonly available

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

darule336

darule336's Reviews
01-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Price: $190.00
Pros: Good lively sound, Throttle response
Cons: Hard to stay off the gas
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good sound, improved throttle response, might have some gains in hp, Unlikely to gain any Mpg, hard to stay off the throttle. Bought new in 2009 off amazon for $190 plus $10 for shipping

huntb
huntb's Reviews
11-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Throttle response, sound
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install and sounds great

ninjastar
ninjastar's Reviews
09-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Looks good and souns good if your looking under the hood
Cons: Got to reoil it, the only time you hear it in action is when you are hauling ass or under the hood reving
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love kn and their products never let me down. Looks good and does what it does.

KWBxj00
KWBxj00's Reviews
08-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Price: $215.00
Pros: Smoother ride, more power, easy installation
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just put it in last night, my ride seems smoother, lower rpm's; I highly recommend.

seanmearse
seanmearse's Reviews
06-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Price: $259.99
Pros: Increased throttle responsiveness, a little more power, minutely better fuel mileage
Cons: slightest bit too much oil effects the mass air flow sensor
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a good kit, ease of installation was pretty good, noticeable gains across the board.

RedXJ119
RedXJ119's Reviews
06-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: more airflow and better filter
Cons: the tube itself sets out a little to tall from the throttle body making its difficult closing hood with throttle body spacer..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its k and n whats not to love

Basslicks
Basslicks's Reviews
05-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Price: $239.99
Pros: Aggressive intake tone, low-end torque gains, HP gains in powerband.
Cons: Not isolated from heat of engine compartment. Have to clean filter regularly (required of any K&N Filter)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a K&N - pretty much speaks for itself.

Bbogg
Bbogg's Reviews
05-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Price: $215.00
Pros: Some power boost.
Cons: A little worried about "recharging" the filter, possible moisture in the intake.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's easily installed, seems to add some power to acceleration.

DullesJeep

DullesJeep's Reviews
04-17-2011, 07:14 AM
Pros: -Million mile warranty -Washable -May or may not improve air flow -Filters way better than paper filters, and a stock airbox.
Cons: -Requires a recharge kit for cleaning. -Location sucks to begin with, but the provided heat shield could be better. -Filter doesn't do as good a job as the K&N filters that replace stock airbox paper filters
Recommended? No

Comments: I can't remember how much I paid for my FIPK.
It was a few years back, and it was when I first started working on my XJ.
Since it was the easiest of the mods I had lined up for the summer, I slapped the FIPK kit on, and took er' for a spin.
The first thing you'll notice is a deeper exhaust note at lower RPM's.
Throttle response may or may not seem snappier.
As for gas mileage improvements, I didn't really pay attention.
Either way, you don't have to keep buying stupid paper filters anymore, so that's a big plus.

rkos328
rkos328's Reviews
04-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Price: $320.00
Pros: More hp
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easily installed. i built a metal box around mine to keep the mud and water out leaving the back open for air.

ThaPresident
ThaPresident's Reviews
04-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: GoOD SO FAR
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: already installed when purchased, not sure what difference it made but no complaints.

HuskerNationRR
HuskerNationRR's Reviews
03-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Love it. Improves gas milage and needed power
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got it with the truck. Its the whole shibang. I cleaned up the filter, and piping when I got it. I love the throaty intake sound, and the extra power when needed. Love it!

OZFive

OZFive's Reviews
03-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Came with the Jeep so I have no stock experience to compare to.
Cons: A bit of a chore to clean out.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Seems to work well, but as I said, I have no stock Jeep experience to compare the performance to.

jonos12
jonos12's Reviews
01-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Price: $165.00
Pros: added fair amount of HP, Now my top speed is around 90 mph instead of 70. Slight improvement in gas mileage.
Cons: gap around tube at heat shield, butts up against intake manifold with flexible coupler and a couple of clamps, not a perfect fit. Chintzy for the price.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think it would be very easy to make your own with a cone filter and the stock tubing. or even PVC.

jeepboy3089
jeepboy3089's Reviews
01-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Price: $45.00
Pros: more horsepower
Cons: expensive for actual cool air kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed the K&N cool air intake by using 3.5 in exhaust pipe and the oem clamp just shoved it in there

thirdeye

thirdeye's Reviews
01-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Pros: More responsive throttle
Cons: Gets dirty fast. More susceptible to water/mud than stock intake
Recommended? No

Comments: Power gains are barely noticed. Its nice to have, but in the jeep world your money would be better spent somewhere else.

tuglife
tuglife's Reviews
12-21-2010, 04:31 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: SOUND!!, HP, Look
Cons: ?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: K&N FIPK for WJ grand Cherokee. I bought one used off a JF member for $150 and have never been more satisfied with probably anything Ive ever purchased, automotive or non. The installation was fairly straightforward took and hour in the dark with basic tools. Now that I've done it once it would take me 15 min on and off. The first thing you notice is the SOUND!! Other than a woman's moans I dont think I've ever heard something so great(that I made happen I probably spent 20 min roaring up and down the empty parking lot with a huge grin on my face. I have the 4.7 High Output V8 which you could hear but was comparitively silent before. It was like a tiger finally released from it's cage. I dont have a dyno but the power was noticably better. I could feel myself pulled back into the seat as the front end lifted and she jolted ahead from full stop. Merging onto traffic is something I look forward to now. I know that no matter what I can lay the hammer down run screaming ahead without fear. Definately the first thing you should purchase for any vehicle. I'll have one waiting at home for every vehicle I ever purchase.

gne100

gne100's Reviews
12-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: I got it cheap used and the guy even put it on my Jeep for me. I noticed a performance increase.
Cons: There is a definite noise increase.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really enjoy my air intake... I actually like the noise it makes when the engine is going. Makes the Jeep sound like a performance car. There was a noticeable increase in power. I haven't had to worry about it, but I guess it isn't so good if you do water crossing...

gunnerscherlin
gunnerscherlin's Reviews
11-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Pros: Great all around.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great fit easy install and really tough.

mojog
mojog's Reviews
10-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: sounds cool
Cons: exposes filter way too much
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hope it was worth the money but it sure looks cool!!!lol

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »