Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Induction > K & N Cold Air Intake 57 Series (FIPK)

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

K & N Cold Air Intake 57 Series (FIPK) Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Induction Next Product

K & N Cold Air Intake 57 Series (FIPK)

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

Average Price: $216.14
Manufacturer: K & N
Recommended?
Yes: 71 / No: 5

The Generation II FIPK® is K&N's ultimate performance product, designed to increase power by as much as 10%. Most FIPK's are street legal in all 50 US states and come with a Million Mile Limited Warranty. K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction as they smooth and straighten air flow. This allows your vehicle's engine to inhale a larger amount of air than the OEM air filter assembly. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range. The filters on these kits are washable and reusable. Most of our intake kits are relatively easy to install using tools commonly available

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

u_konreaper
u_konreaper's Reviews
05-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Gives a little extra high range performance, but it's a 6cyl 4.0L so you aren't going to notice much anyway. Makes looking under my hood more fun.
Cons: No real change in my performance IMO
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I don't know if this has done a whole lot for my Jeep or not. It's hard to tell. I think it makes the engine compartment look a little neater and it gives me one more thing to tinker with on the weekends. I would save up and put a snorkel kit in otherwise.

spreble21
spreble21's Reviews
03-27-2014, 07:36 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Batter engine performance. Helps prevent water intake.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The way this filter sets makes it so water won't suck in from big splashes, just falls back down to the earth

400excherokee
400excherokee's Reviews
03-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Insane sound definitely gets up and go
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good power increase if you combine it with a cat back. Good instructions easy install worth it.

hugo89
hugo89's Reviews
03-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Price: $245.00
Pros: More power, lil better gas mileage, good sound
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It 'll put a lil wind beneath ya wings. Solid product, for what it is i couldnt be more satisfied.

JustJeep247

JustJeep247's Reviews
01-25-2014, 08:58 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: sounds good at higher RPMs
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: super simple install with detailed instructions for your specific vehicle.

Scubby
Scubby's Reviews
12-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Pros: Increased Power
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Theres a lot of debate on air intakes, but I think K&N systems work great. My YJ definitely feels more powerful and has a throatier sound to it. I don't think it helps with mpgs though.

UOGrand
UOGrand's Reviews
04-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Price: $236.00
Pros: Got rid of stock air intake system and extra weight. Breathes in much more air, sounds better and operates better.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was able to install this myself in about an hour and a half, I was amazed at how bulky and unnecessary the stock intake system was. The engine bay looks Much better with the K&N cold air installed. My jeep sounds a decent bit deeper now and extremely throaty especially at high rpms. It also has a little bit of a whistle around 1500 rpm, it sounds great. I haven't had it on long enough yet to see how much my gas mileage increases, but it is definitely a little quicker.

Primoris
Primoris's Reviews
04-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Good fitment, all needed parts included.
Cons: Support arm and clamp rattles. Can't tighten too much as it will crack the plastic intake pipe. Adds a bit of noise to the intake.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think there are better systems out there that can even accommodate a snorkel

BuckshotTJ01
BuckshotTJ01's Reviews
02-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Price: $196.00
Pros: Sounds great, looks great. Gave me at least 2 MPG, increased horsepower and torque.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had my K&N AIS for about a month now. Was told to install this product from a fellow Jeeper. All of the attributes he told me were positive and dead on. With my 33in tires I decrease some of my power but when I added the AIS it upped my horsepower, torque, gas milage, and acceleration. The K&N AIS was a great buy and has done what was said to be done. I would recommend this to a Jeeper that wants to increase the performance in their Jeep for a reasonable price.

ChrisTJ34
ChrisTJ34's Reviews
01-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: As u know by now I'm one of those dumb dumbs who gets a jeep and tryst to turn it into a racecar don't waste ur money
Cons: To many to list
Recommended? No

Comments: Don't buy it throw ur money out the window going down the road and ulla have a better chance at going faster

obongo1977
obongo1977's Reviews
01-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: good growl, good increase of power
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've always had K&N filters in all of my vehicles and this is my second time owning a Cold Air intake and I love it. I do see some increase in power in my WJ and saw an improvement in my previous truck.

Elite
Elite's Reviews
12-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Great sound and performance.
Cons: None really.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I went back and forth with buying this product because so many threads on here said its worth it or its a complete waste of money. Let me say, they were wrong. It will rock your socks off. Installation only took a little while longer then usual cause I decided to start right when it was getting dark. I was too excited I guess. I bought it off autoanything.com and got a huge discount with free shipping. I couldn't pass it up. Sounds amazing with a good exhaust setup. Really can feel the power too.

mike12899
mike12899's Reviews
10-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Price: $270.00
Pros: Sounds great when added to aftermarket muffler and can tell increase in power.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, pricey but worth it, noticed an increase in power and an increase in gas mileage after install.

jragan89
jragan89's Reviews
05-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: great look,
Cons: no noticeable power increase in the V6
Recommended? Yes

Comments: intakes are always a good idea no matter what you drive. better air flow is always a good thing

heebiejeepie
heebiejeepie's Reviews
05-17-2012, 12:04 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Looks nice.
Cons: Not that much difference in acceleration
Recommended? Yes

Comments: There's a difference in power when you really step on the gas but other than that, headers and exhaust is also really needed to notice any change in performance.

Kal-el
Kal-el's Reviews
05-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Price: $197.00
Pros: Great HP gain low and mids
Cons: Whistling gets annoying
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, it is K&N nuff said

Fited244
Fited244's Reviews
02-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Pros: Great performance
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install, makes engine bay look cleaner

bwpilot20

bwpilot20's Reviews
02-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Price: $287.99
Pros: Intake tube design.
Cons: K&N filter
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit came installed on the jeep when I bought it so I can't give an accurate comparison from the stock intake design, because I never had it. The first thing I did was clean the filter and noticed how easy it was to see light through it and how thin the filter media was. I then realized how the inside of the intake tube and throttle body were coated with fine talcum power-like dirt. Just a thin layer but enough to cause my throttle body to turn black. I eventually decided to trash the K&N filter and just installed a paper element cone shaped filter from Orielly's. It was easy to make the paper filter fit securely. I'm not a fan of K&N filters since they let the fine dirt through. But the intake design is solid. I like the straight-shot style tube and the super smooth finish of the inside of the tube. It's also very easy to remove and re-install the intake with nothing but a small flathead screwdriver which comes in handy when doing engine work. The quality of the kit is fantastic and I have no doubt it will last the life of the vehicle. I'm sure the stock airbox works just fine, but I have no doubt the K&N system is feeding my engine all the air it wants with no interruptions.

greendesign
greendesign's Reviews
01-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Sounds great and performs well
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love this kit. It allows the jeep to breath better and it sounds almost as if the engine is turbo charged. It has that same high pitch hiss.

RubiconBrute
RubiconBrute's Reviews
01-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: gas mileage
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good for added power and good addition to a throttle abody spacer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »