Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Induction > Banks Ram-Air Intake System

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Banks Ram-Air Intake System Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Induction Next Product

Banks Ram-Air Intake System

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $283.37
Manufacturer: Banks
Recommended?
Yes: 42 / No: 1

Banks' revolutionary Ram-Air Intake System offers the reliability and durability of a factory intake yet delivers astonishing airflow. It flows 62% better than stock and outflows Volant and AIRAID, thanks in part to the Ram-Air's huge filter area (fewer filter cleanings!), giant outlet, and the complete air filter housing with large side & bottom inlets. Banks Ram-Air collects & directs more power-producing cool, dense air to the engine, lowering EGTs and smoke and improving fuel economy, too! The lifetime 8-ply filter traps the most dirt and debris. And Ram-Air is the only aftermarket intake with 4-1/2" bellows to accommodate engine movement. This prevents component damage and promotes reliable service life.
Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

chappy84

chappy84's Reviews

01-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Pros: enclosed filter housing and OEM quality plastic
Cons: Cone filter means smaller means more cleaning
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am using this because I could no longer use my stock intake (best IMO) after installing T&T tube fenders.

I like the fact that it is enclosed to the elements and that is the only reason. I did not get improved mileage or HP (dyno'ed 4 fun) well I think it was a 1.0589 HP increase at 4000rpm. If you don't need to replace stock intake for fenders, on board air or out of neccessity then don't. It has been proven that the stock intake is way above par! But if you must than deffinatlly check out banks.

psyopsdm
psyopsdm's Reviews

01-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Price: $269.00
Pros: Increased milage. Definate increase in power for passing on freeway. I noticed it most at near wide open throttle between 2800 and 4000 rpm. I run stock tires and 3.07 gears on my 06' TJ with a 4.0 litre and 6 speed manuel. Again most of the gains are at
Cons: Should have installed it myself. Was short on time and had the shop do it. 80.00 I will never see again.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have a 2006 Jeep TJ sport with 3.07 gears and a six speed manuel transmission. I have recently added a flowmaster muffler (no cat back just the muffler) and had been enjoying the increased power from that set up. I had this intake installed 2 weeks ago after spending about 3 months trying to research the ups and downs of the A.E.M., Airraid... etc systems. I went out on a limb as this one is pretty new hoping that Banks would have lived up to the high standard they created for themselves. I must say, I am not disappointed. Now understand having researched intakes I new not to expect supercharger like performance increases, but rather improved drivability and 5-7 hp at the high end. This system delivers in spades. Around town the jeep is much easier to manuveur through traffic, and getting on the freeway and passing has become a treat. I have had to hold myself back from pressing the throttle to 3/4 open because of the angry sounding "thrush" sound it produces from the engine now. Again, done expect that you are bolting on a supercharger, your not, and this is a pricey mod for the actual performance gains you get. But with that said, I am glad I did it, and furthermore having many friends who have the airraid, aem and other open element systems, I am very satisfied that banks gave thought to protecting the filter element from mud / water. I highly recommend this intake.

Manateu
Manateu's Reviews

12-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: changes engine sound
Cons: Cost, limited improved mileage
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Save your money, this mod may be necessary for your wife's sports car, but the money could be used for better mods. Although this product initially improved fuel economy, after I added the Banks exhaust it dropped back down. I would only recommend if you are out for sound improvements and not preformance. Although I have to say people think it is faster and more powerful because of the Banks sticker on the side of my jeep.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3