Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Induction > Banks Ram-Air Intake System

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Banks Ram-Air Intake System Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Induction Next Product

Banks Ram-Air Intake System

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $283.37
Manufacturer: Banks
Recommended?
Yes: 42 / No: 1

Banks' revolutionary Ram-Air Intake System offers the reliability and durability of a factory intake yet delivers astonishing airflow. It flows 62% better than stock and outflows Volant and AIRAID, thanks in part to the Ram-Air's huge filter area (fewer filter cleanings!), giant outlet, and the complete air filter housing with large side & bottom inlets. Banks Ram-Air collects & directs more power-producing cool, dense air to the engine, lowering EGTs and smoke and improving fuel economy, too! The lifetime 8-ply filter traps the most dirt and debris. And Ram-Air is the only aftermarket intake with 4-1/2" bellows to accommodate engine movement. This prevents component damage and promotes reliable service life.
Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

Shiftee

Shiftee's Reviews
02-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Price: $270.00
Pros: Felt improvement, Great sound, clean install
Cons: price, price, price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not alot that hasnt been covered. I chose the Banks system because of the reviews already posted. I will say that of course the install was simple and that I felt that the Banks system offered the most protection compared to other exposed systems.

98TJcomeonuh
98TJcomeonuh's Reviews
07-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: improved MPG
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: seems to have more Horsepower and torque, also improve mpg, i was already installed on the jeep when i purchased it. but seems very nice and is very sturdy.

smith0200
smith0200's Reviews
02-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Price: $260.00
Pros: great sound, great gain
Cons: none beside its not a snorkel
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this intake is amazing, i love it. only bad thing is it doesnt help with water crossings

Dhaire17
Dhaire17's Reviews
02-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Price: $285.00
Pros: Sounds Great, adds good pick up.
Cons: Fuel Eco is minor.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sounds Great, adds good pick up. I wish that I got a little better gas milage with it, But its worth the sound and small hp gain.

dirtysailor

dirtysailor's Reviews
07-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: Picks up fast
Cons: Install, price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The installation was difficult for the housing, the tubes were easy, the sound is amazing and the jeep picks up faster, haven't had it long enough to see a change in gas, highly recommended

Steel4Pens

Steel4Pens's Reviews
02-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Pros: Price Ease of Install Quality
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this intake system. It was one of the first things I bought for my Jeep. The install was quick and easy and I noticed a big difference from the get go. I have the full Banks line on my Jeep. You can not go wrong with a name like Banks.

04BlackLJ
04BlackLJ's Reviews
08-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Price: $269.99
Pros: Works
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works good, cleans easy

Guido99
Guido99's Reviews
05-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Better fuel milage (225km/tank improved to 280KM/tank), slightly better power on the highway.
Cons: Need to clean the filter... Slight whistle around 2000->3000 RPM(but not annoying)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Still have to put on full free flowing exhaust(to see full effects).
Sounds better, little more engine noise and a slight whistle around 2000-3000 RPM. The whistle is not a TBI(did not install one.)

dwish

dwish's Reviews
03-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: More power (increased air flow), more of a mean sound, long-lasting filter.
Cons: I can't see any! Other than MAYBE being more susceptible to water getting into the filter (I don't think it would make it all the way through the tube and into the mainfold), and possibly raising an eyebrow or two if a cop was to look through your engine. These cons are both just "what-ifs" though.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this and the MBRP exhaust system at the same time. It definitely woke my 4.0 up. The intake sounds way meaner, and is definitely a little faster. If you are a car guy and like car noises, you should invest in an intake and an exhaust. I haven't heard any other intakes for Jeeps, but this one sounds beastly.

The install was very easy. Just unbolt the old intake, bolt in the Banks, reset the ECU and good to go. All of the parts look and feel like they are quality parts, not cheap ones.

thwok
thwok's Reviews
03-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Awesome sound, and throttle response.
Cons: Price. Have not noticed a huge difference in fuel economy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The intake adds an awesome sound to a stock motor. Very easy installation, and maintenance. Overall a great product!

LukerSuperman
LukerSuperman's Reviews
01-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Pros: Easy to install. No annoying whistle. Looks good.
Cons: Might hit hood if you try to use a throttle body spacer. I had to take my spacer off.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought my 2003 Wrangler X used. It already had a cheap aftermarket intake that was made out of thin metal and extended right above to head of my 4.0. Not only did the old intake get extramaly hot it was in the path of dirt and water. So, I bought the Banks intake because it looks to be the safiest to prevent a possible hydrolock (with the exception of a snorkel). Also, the plastic is thick and strong. I can only assume that this intake will stay much cooler then other metal intakes and colder air means more power!

LukerSuperman
LukerSuperman's Reviews
01-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Pros: Easy to install. No annoying whistle. Looks good.
Cons: Might hit hood if you try to use a throttle body spacer. I had to take my spacer off.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought my 2003 Wrangler X used. It already had a cheap aftermarket intake that was made out of thin metal and extended right above to head of my 4.0. Not only did the old intake get extramaly hot it was in the path of dirt and water. So, I bought the Banks intake because it looks to be the safiest to prevent a possible hydrolock (with the exception of a snorkel). Also, the plastic is thick and strong. I can only assume that this intake will stay much cooler then other metal intakes and colder air means more power!

jesse05LJ
jesse05LJ's Reviews
01-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Price: $320.00
Pros: Love the sound and power increase
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install, Looks great, and improved my fuel economy and power

TheSlowDown
TheSlowDown's Reviews
01-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: A step in the right direction towards proper system airflow. When used in conjunction with other Banks products can make real gains in horsepower, throttle response, and fuel economy.
Cons: Too expensive for what you get. Wish it had the AEM dryflow filter instead. Not really ram air or cold air - still underhood. If I were doing it again I would just go with a snorkel.
Recommended? No

Comments: Tough one - yes there is a difference in throttle response, in horsepower, in fuel economy, BUT ONLY AFTER YOU INSTALL ALL RELATED COMPONENTS. I bought the Banks "power pack" which includes the header, the intake, and the exhaust.

I put the intake on 1st for a couple of months. All I noticed was a huge sucking sounds when I stepped on the gas - nothing else.

Then I installed the exhaust. It made a bit of a difference now as the sucking sound from the intake was reduced and throttle was more responsive and the "butt dyno" was awakened from the typical Jeep slumber.

Then a few months later I installed the header. My holey cow, what a difference. Sucking sound from intake: GONE. increased power, increased throttle response, increase MPH, increased guttural exhaust note = ALL THERE.

Still, was it worth $1100 total? NO.... but... now with *hopefully* the supercharger coming in it the airflow can be used up to it's potential.

blizzboy15

blizzboy15's Reviews
01-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Price: $230.00
Pros: looks great! sounds great! easy to install!
Cons: pricey!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: sounds great!! looks great! its very easy to install, like most intakes! i just put it on and haven't driven much since install, but i did notice a sound difference, a good one!!

NLHipp01sport
NLHipp01sport's Reviews
11-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Pros: Great engine noise, noticeable increase in power
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: really easy to install and noticed the jump in hp immediately

pokeincali
pokeincali's Reviews
09-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: looks cool
Cons: not sure of the added performance
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like this intake over others, just because it is more inclosed vs others that are open to the entire compartment.

Rodney121
Rodney121's Reviews
08-23-2010, 02:29 AM
Price: $919.00
Pros: Increased tourque
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Part of the Banks Power Pack. I love it!

stretwires
stretwires's Reviews
07-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Price: $269.99
Pros: excellent throttle response
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Banks monster intake was easy to install and has increased throttle response greatly. Motor seems to breath easier. Mild to throaty sound especially at wide open throttle

mccomasjeeps
mccomasjeeps's Reviews
06-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Price: $290.00
Pros: Sounds great
Cons: Havent found any
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »