Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Induction > Banks Banks Ram Air Intake

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Banks Banks Ram Air Intake Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Induction Next Product

Banks Banks Ram Air Intake

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $273.22
Manufacturer: Banks
Recommended?
Yes: 34 / No: 2

1997-06 TJ Wrangler;4.0L 6 cylinder engine;Add up to 39 hp and 69 foot pounds of torque over stock intake;Improve fuel economy

Banks Ram-Air Intake more than doubles the factory intake’s airflow, improving the Jeep’s power and fuel economy. Flowbench developed and dynoproven, Banks am-Air Intake is no “filter on a stick." It takes a cold-air housing to guarantee cold air. Banks provide an unobstructed flow of fresh, cool outside air while keeping out the warmer engine compartment air. A giant filter with a monster outlet and smooth-radius, large diameter components for superior flow that optimizes power and mileage. A lifetime 8-ply filter to trap the most dirt and debris and exclusive bellows to accommodate engine movement for reliable service life. This is the most durable, least restrictive and best-flowing cold-air intake on the market today. - 4 wheel parts

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Sticks_707
Sticks_707's Reviews

04-23-2014, 01:31 AM
Price: $277.00
Pros: Looks cool...
Cons: Did not notice any change in horsepower, and the sound did not change. It doesn't even seem to be sucking in any more air than stock.
Recommended? No

Comments: I was disappointed with this product...

jaxjpr
jaxjpr's Reviews
03-03-2014, 12:22 AM
Price: $287.00
Pros: I noticed a slight but noticeable increase in horsepower, and the engine definitely sounds meaner.
Cons: None that I've noticed as of yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: As I said above there is a slight but noticeable increase in horsepower, and the engine definitely sounds meaner.

InspectorX
InspectorX's Reviews
01-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Added horsepower; Made Jeep more fun to drive!
Cons: It is possible to over rev the engine.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Added horsepower; Made Jeep more fun to drive! It is possible to over rev the engine.

InspectorX
InspectorX's Reviews
01-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Added horsepower; Made Jeep more fun to drive!
Cons: It is possible to over rev the engine.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Added horsepower; Made Jeep more fun to drive! It is possible to over rev the engine.

Slowroll95B
Slowroll95B's Reviews
12-16-2013, 03:04 AM
Price: $276.99
Pros: Noticable gain in horsepower and torque, aggressive engine note at higher revs
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installation was very easy and took less than 20 minutes. I've noticed a nice gain in engine performance as well as a pleasant but not obnoxiously aggressive engine note at higher revs.

Chewy6

Chewy6's Reviews
05-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Enclosed air filter, looks great, added performance
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Wanted to add an air intake system and liked this one best as the filter is enclosed inside the plastic housing, not completely exposed to elements under the hood. I read an article in JP magazine and they did an air intake shoot out, pretty sure this one did the best with gains of 12hp and 15ft/lbs of torque on the dyno. Either way I am very happy with this purchase, sounds great too.

arollins0217
arollins0217's Reviews
05-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Price: $478.00
Pros: Sweet throttle sound and decent response
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Defiantly worth it if you can bust the dollar

Kobalt76
Kobalt76's Reviews
04-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Improves gas mileage, and super easy to install.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a good intake kit. It is easy to install, and really helps the engine breathe.

jeepnfrommy
jeepnfrommy's Reviews
03-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Price: $269.99
Pros: Easy Install Literally bolt on performance Nice sound
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Talk about bolting on performance, the difference is very noticable! The acceleration is where I've found the biggest change so far, but I'm hoping that the MPG claims hold true as well. Although, if I keep gunning it off the line due to all the new giddy-up, it wont exactly be a fair test!

jonestj
jonestj's Reviews
02-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Price: $230.00
Pros: power and sound
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This product looks, sounds, and performs well.

Best4x4

Best4x4's Reviews

09-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Protects Air Filter from mud like stock OEM air box.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I originally had an AFE CAI on my 05 Wrangler, but after I installed a pair of tube fenders my hood ended up sitting a little higher than stock which allowed the AFE's air filter to get damp when driving in the rain or driving through a car wash. A friend of mine was selling his Banks so I bought it from him for the added protection of the filter being covered. The Banks air filter is made by K&N if you read the metal pleat on the filter it clearly says K&N.

When installing it I had to remove my throttle body spacer because with a 1 inch MML the Banks air tube was hitting the hood. The performance of the AFE was better and it sounded more aggressive vs the Banks, but the added protection of the filter was my #1 concern. All the hardware with the Banks CAI is top notch and I highly recommend this CAI.

Idwheelthat

Idwheelthat's Reviews
09-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Price: $286.00
Pros: easy install, looks mean, sounds good
Cons: rubs on hood liner, cannot put pre-filter on K&N filter.
Recommended? No

Comments: installed in less than 30 minutes, instructions were good, price was o.k. intake tube rubbed on hood liner until BL and MML were installed. wish i'd made my own cowl top snorkel kit, as water has already splashed into the filter after driving through a deep puddle. stay in school kids.

4LCKDRUBIUNLTD
4LCKDRUBIUNLTD's Reviews
06-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Price: $278.99
Pros: Easy install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Banks Ram-Air Intake System replaces the factory's flat panel filter with a large conical lifetime filter that provides maximum high-flow filtration. The Ram-Air's opening dwarfs the stock's inlet, and without the 90-degree detours that choke airflow and kill power. The huge inlet, enclosed housing and much larger tubing reduce restrictions, dramatically improving airflow to the cylinders.
The results are impressive: Banks Ram-Air outflows the stock intake by 73%, improving the Jeep's power and fuel economy. And Banks Ram-Air is designed to accommodate engine movement, which prevents component damage for reliable service life.

AcidRaiN
AcidRaiN's Reviews
06-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Easy to install. Sounds great!
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very easy to install. It sounds great just driving around. Haven't had it long enough to evaluate if it increases MPG or not. Will update when I know more.

Jeepjeff018
Jeepjeff018's Reviews
04-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: install is easy
Cons: none it was free cant really complain
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it was free and works really good, easy to maintain

DasFrettchen

DasFrettchen's Reviews
04-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Easy install, filter housing keeps mud/water out
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is technically not a ram-air style intake, but it does allow much greater airflow over the stock intake. Installation is a breeze, just a few bolts and clamps.. it took me about an hour going slow. Adds a nice growl from the front when you put the pedal down and I started hearing a loud whistling at certain throttle positions (I love the sound but some people may find it annoying). I couldn't determine if the intake improved gas mileage by any significant amount, as I made several other changes to the engine/drive-train at the same time. Overall the intake looks cool, works well, and comes with some fancy BANKS stickers. I'd recommend it!

kenrod02
kenrod02's Reviews
03-16-2011, 03:35 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Easy install, sucks a lot of air, cleanable air filter
Cons: reuses factory air box mounts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product installs easy, works with AEV Highline body kit with no modifications.

cjlinn

cjlinn's Reviews
01-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Price: $269.99
Pros: Easy installation Instant increase in airflow to engine
Cons: Wish some kind of cowling mod came with it to induct true cold air from the outside
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this part first and drove it alone without the Monster exhaust and wow. My acceleration was greatly improved. I was so excited about the sound, almost V8 like and it impressed me. Again a noticeable improvement in fuel mileage. I'd say on highway with the exhaust as well, 2mpg improvement. With all my mods it has gotten back up to 19.4mpg highway, no cruise control.

jharvey615

jharvey615's Reviews
10-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Price: $269.00
Pros: Great fit improved mileage plus pulls harder in the upper RPM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great fit improved mileage plus pulls harder in the upper RPM

regillespie
regillespie's Reviews

04-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Great sound, can feal the difference in 1st and 2nd. Easy to bolt on and looks great.
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »