Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Induction > ARB Safari snorkel

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

ARB Safari snorkel Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Induction Next Product

ARB Safari snorkel

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $323.43
Manufacturer: ARB
Recommended?
Yes: 44 / No: 1

A Safari snorkel relocates your engine’s air intake point from a relatively low and vulnerable position under the bonnet to a much higher and safer location where a
constant source of cool, clean air is available. Manufactured from premium quality polyethylene, Safari snorkels are incredibly resilient and UV They’re individually designed to suit specific vehicle models, and are available for a broad selection of 4 wheel drives.

A Safari snorkel reduces the likelihood of engine damage during water crossings

Safari snorkels are ideal for convoy driving where severe dust can have a detrimental effect on your engine’s performance.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

Zenex
Zenex's Reviews
12-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Price: $420.00
Pros: Well built and fit good
Cons: The windshield frame attachment method can be better.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed it in my 03 Rubicon, have to modify a little to make it fit.

CaptainDCD
CaptainDCD's Reviews
09-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Can go thru just about anything..
Cons: need to cut fender and prevents removal of pass. side door.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The snorkel I bought isn't a ARB , but from what I can see is a exact clone of the ARB... they are all over Ebay and have the exact components of the ARB..

vonericsen

vonericsen's Reviews
02-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Cheap, good fit. (I got the Chinese made version from eBay)
Cons: The ram air head was split apart a little bit, but the clamp holds it together fine. If it breaks I'll buy the safari version instead of the cheap knock off.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the Chinese version of the snorkel found on eBay for Christmas. The install wasn't too bad as long as you can find the right size hole saw and have a good drill.
I had to use a dremel to cut out the inside of the fender since it's metal on the early zj's (plastic later on).
Was a little disappointed the ram air head was split, but it's only at the bottom and it is held together with the clamp just fine. If I break it I'll buy the safari version.

MVintherTJ
MVintherTJ's Reviews
10-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: Durable. Won't fade.
Cons: You have to remove two small bolts holding the snorkel in place in order to remove the doors. It's easy to do but it just adds more time.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If installed correctly, this snorkel is great. In my opinion it is the best you can get for a TJ. Won't fade in the sun. Mine has taken a few hits from limbs and rocks on the trail and it is holding up nicely. If you are looking for a snorkel, I highly recommend this one.

steelman8651
steelman8651's Reviews
06-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Price: $375.00
Pros: Like the look
Cons: Makes taking the doors off hard, probably wont get much use, had to cut the quarter panel
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The snorkel was installed on the jeep prior to me owning it. I like the look the snorkel adds to the jeep but it has its downfalls. It blocks the hinges on the passenger side door so taking the doors off becomes more difficult (still possible). I cant see myself using the snorkel to its full effect in the near future, another downfall. I have had no functional problems with it, only cosmetic.

dendavid
dendavid's Reviews
06-09-2012, 02:18 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: cheap
Cons: does not fit a YJ
Recommended? Yes

Comments: custom made ; a TJ snorkel fitted on a YJ, also its on the right side of the car.

hookedonthebay
hookedonthebay's Reviews
01-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: great looks and functionality
Cons: Install required some disassembly of right front of jeep under the hood. The instructions had implied that the structural mout that the battery tray is bolted to had factory cut holes on both side to pass flex hose through. My 03 had a hole only on one side. I ihad to unbolt and remove this piece to cut the second hole . i am having a problem finding a roof rack system that doesn't interfere with snorkel at mounting area, and can't use a cab cover.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: product looks good, all hardware seems to be good quality except for the two screws that fasten the tip to the upright. they rusted up within a week. Have been in deep water on jamboree and had no issues.

prariepunk
prariepunk's Reviews
01-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Cold air intake & protection from accidental water intake
Cons: it eats a lot of bugs
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this from someone who ordered it for their Jeep but totaled their Jeep before the snorkel arrived. I love the upgrade! Drilling a 4" hole in the side of my Jeep was a bit scary though!

briguy3030
briguy3030's Reviews

07-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Price: $371.99
Pros: Cleaner, colder air. Decreases possibility of hydro-locking.
Cons: Tree limb magnet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Prior to my ownership, the previous owner of my TJ had installed this; otherwise this is probably not a mod that would have been near the top of my priority list.

Furthermore, living in the midwest, trees are a abundant part of wheeling in this region. Snorkels do NOT like tree limbs!! I rip the top screw mounts off EVERY time I go wheeling unfortunately. Therefore, I'm never w/o replacement hardware.

. . . that said, I LOVE the unique quality it gives my TJ.

DISCLAIMER: Just because you have this product does NOT make you impervious to hydro-locking!!! Your belt-driven radiator fan can still pull water @ your engine while running in bodies of water . . . hence electric radiator fans.

greenglazier
greenglazier's Reviews
05-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: awsome product great design
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its a great product, great instructions for installation

jcherokee01
jcherokee01's Reviews

01-06-2011, 01:47 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Cool air intake
Cons: No washer solvent
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have a 2001 XJ installed ARB snorkel and cannot find a windshield washer solvent reservoir to fit correctly, any ideas on what mid 90s will work? Already tried a 96.

GruntMarine
GruntMarine's Reviews
12-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Works great
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: love it

mpoo1083
mpoo1083's Reviews
12-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Price: $355.00
Pros: it does what it is supposed to
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: came with easy instructions and templates for drilling. used rtv to seal all of the hoses off and no water gets in at all.

SavannahJeep

SavannahJeep's Reviews
06-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Pros: Pre-formed parts that fit pretty seamless. Allows for more comfort (mentally) in water passages, a small increase in gas mileage, fresh cool air to the box.
Cons: Took a little longer than expected to install, intake noise is a little loud with top down (not obnoxious).
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After install you will be happy with this product. I would suggest using a better sealer than suggested and take your time with this install, mistakes will be costly. If you want this unit for looks, think twice, it does give an extreme feel and look to your jeep, but again, mistakes can be costly for an appearance only part. Look forward to being the first guy in the group to test out that "new hole" and be weary of the guy that says "yeah, I've been down this stretch before, why don't you take the lead though?"

05WK98TJ
05WK98TJ's Reviews
04-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Looks good, works, and could save your jeep from hydrolocking
Cons: Permanet hole in the side of the jeep and screw holes along the a-pillar
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I didn't install the snorkel, it was put on from the previous owner. I like it because it makes my jeep unique, and I have only seen one other jeep with a snorkel, and a land rover with one

DracosJeep
DracosJeep's Reviews
11-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Pros: Protects your engine and I think it looks great. Has one of the best and simple sealing systems. Water tight like a submarine.
Cons: The Install manual sucks!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After it was installed I loved it and still do. But the installation was a pain in the neck. The instructions were horribly written, and the stencil they give you to cut the hole was off by a half inch, dropping the snorkel down so the doors couldn't be taken off. Took some time but with some redrilling and a little shifting, I got it the work right. If you by it from 4WD or FourWheel Parts house I recommend spending the extra money and let them install it.

PAFirefighter11

Quadratec Live Chat Rep
PAFirefighter11's Reviews
09-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Helps the engine breathe some cooler, cleaner air. Avoids water intake.
Cons: 3.5-4 hours to install on a TJ.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well, there are only two ways to keep water out of your airbox on a 97 TJ. One would be to avoid water on the trails. Since that's nearly impossible, I took the other route and installed this snorkel. Had one on my XJ and I loved it. Works & looks great!

rppngears
rppngears's Reviews
08-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: freaking awesome
Cons: not sure yet! Ill tell you when I break something
Recommended? Yes

Comments: NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

IceKnight

IceKnight's Reviews
08-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Keeps the air intake point high away from water and the hot air under the hood.
Cons: It takes about a min to take the passenger side door off because of needing to move the snorkel.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Personally I would have to say installation was easy. But I find most stuff easy on my Jeep. I have seen a small bump in gas milage but nothing really amazing.

Fear
Fear's Reviews
08-23-2009, 06:24 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Adds power and keeps cold and clean air running in engine
Cons: Hole in body and in air-filter box
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It keeps neat air flowing inside the engine while on trail or in a traffic jam. It adds power.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »