Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Induction > AFE Stage 2 Intake

Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!All our Different Weld Washers!Panhard Parts & Kits from Ruffstuff!

AFE Stage 2 Intake Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Induction Next Product

AFE Stage 2 Intake

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $227.07
Manufacturer: AFE
Recommended?
Yes: 27 / No: 3

Intake system for 2006 4.7 WK

Also make for other models. www.afefilters.com

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

CamelMikeWK
CamelMikeWK's Reviews
03-24-2014, 08:31 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: more air flow
Cons: na
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It gave me what felt like more HP. It makes it breathe easier.

Boothe
Boothe's Reviews
02-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Price: $259.00
Pros: Easy to install, definite "seat of the pant" performance improvement, dry filter doesn't require oil, excellent fit and finish.
Cons: You will lose your stock jack location. Makes working on the distributor / coil area difficult (but easily removed and swung out of the way).
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The installation of this intake was pretty easy. Since my rig has air conditioning, there is a dessicant bottle (dryer) that I had to relocate by drilling through the fender well to get the filter housing in place. Other than that, no trouble. I could feel a definite performance improvement, but I also installed a full Borla SS exhaust and upgraded my injectors (only 1 lb./hr.) at the same time. I figured if you are going to increase air flow there's no gain unless you increase exhaust flow at the same time. I did a little research prior to buying this mod and it seemed like it was the best gain at the best price. Overall I am very pleased with this product.

JeepRookie11
JeepRookie11's Reviews
11-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Price: $275.00
Pros: Gas Power Sounds good
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This product came on my jeep so I can not tell if there have been any performace upgrades due to it but it sounds cool.

traveler57

traveler57's Reviews
03-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: Performance gain is not clear
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Trying (like everyone else) to get whatever extra HP I can squeeze out of the underpowered 3.8L V6. Do i feel a power difference? yes, maybe, but it is very subjective to every driver. Do I get better MPG? hard to tell. But I am always a believer in permanent type dry-air filters on all my vehicles, so I would say it was a good purchase.

phottomatt

phottomatt's Reviews
05-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Price: $260.00
Pros: Sounds good under load
Cons: Price, more chance of water ingestion.
Recommended? No

Comments: There is no real reason to buy one of these things, they do not, in my experience, help at all. Save your money for other things.

JohnnieBulge
JohnnieBulge's Reviews
01-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: increased torque and power
Recommended? Yes

Comments: noticeable torque and power. Definitely a good upgrade. i would put one in all my vehicles

DFWJeep
DFWJeep's Reviews
10-13-2011, 02:24 AM
Price: $175.00
Pros: sounds great
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy install, great sound, and I really like the heat shield

DMG31
DMG31's Reviews
07-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Price: $165.00
Pros: sounds niiiiiiiiiiiiice
Recommended? Yes

Comments: sounds good... not much noticeable gain at the pedal

golfn64

golfn64's Reviews
03-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Great construction, decent performance boost, maybe an MPG better on gass.
Cons: Installation instructions were crap and left out a few details that I feel are very important. I've installed several intakes, this was by far the hardest to install, only because of the mounting of the box to the old OEM box mounting holes. MIght have mentioned I may need a long socket extension and Threadlock to get those nuts secured properly.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I covered most of the review already in the Pro's and Con's. We all know what air intakes are about. aFe could have put more detail into a step or two. Like, if you're using a throttle body spacer also, then plan on shaving part of the plastic throttle body casing down, due to the location of the cooling line where it enters the engine. Have that Dremel tool handy! Second, the heat shield/air box of the aFe Brute Force mounts to the same holes as the old air box, and the nuts are underneath the bracket that's attached to the frame. Getting the factory nuts off was challenging but not bad. The challenge is getting them retightened. I didn't have any sockets that would slip underneath, and pliers didn't work. You do have a clear shot at them from underneath, but from the ground it's like 4 feet up!! Hence my comment about a long socket extension. But I'd suggest Threadlok as well, due to engine vibration. Just my opinion here, but I was not a happy camper at the mod and pain in my azz of installing it. I put on on a Liberty....took 15 minutes!! Go figure...

redxj28
redxj28's Reviews
03-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Pros: works great
Cons: hits the hood cause of the afe throttle body spacer
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i like the design of it, the torque tube looks good and seems to work.

markxj2k
markxj2k's Reviews
10-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Pros: Easy Install
Cons: No significant power improvement
Recommended? No

Comments: I kick myself for spending the money on this upgrade. As expected, it gave me no noticeable improvement in power or fuel economy. I should have gone with my gut instead of listening to all the BS about what great improvement CAI's give. There's nothing specifically wrong with the brand, it's just that CAI's seem to make no real improvements to the JK's engine.

mcclintock89
mcclintock89's Reviews
09-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Huge pipe, airbox seals really well.
Cons: The top lip of the airbox needs trimmed a little bit to fit right, and it's not an aem filter....oil and gauze, not fun for maf
Recommended? Yes

Comments: still a good intake for the price you can't beat it, by it throw away the filter and get an aem one. there's a reasons we turned away from oil based filters in the 80s...and it wasn't so they could come back in the lates 00's

Planetcat
Planetcat's Reviews

07-24-2010, 01:36 AM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Easy to install, well made, solid, great sound at higher rpm's, a little more hp.
Cons: Black plastic air tube gets hot. Might want to wrap with heat tape.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For almost $100 cheaper than the K&N kit, this kit is fantastic. Really wakes up my 4.7L, especially at higher rpm's. Sounds great too. Easy to install and very well made. The only thing I'd recommend is wrapping the black plastic air tube with some type of heat tape, as the black plastic is thick, but gets hot and must warm the air up as it goes into the throttle body.

Cdn96XJ
Cdn96XJ's Reviews
06-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Price: $305.00
Pros: Smooth flow into the throttle body. Nice WOT sound.
Cons: High cost for an incomplete setup.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Price is high due to the fact you need a snorkel or ram air to get the full benefit. It decreases performance without one of those additional modifications. The engine bay gets damn hot and you will only be sucking in hot air leading to less power from running lean.

AustinTexasXJ

AustinTexasXJ's Reviews

03-28-2009, 10:12 AM
AFE Stage 2 Intake
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got my Intake from AFE.

I dont think they are that big of a company but I really liked their product.

EASY install took about 15 minutes. also came with picture intructions for people who dont like to read.

=D

vilseck21

vilseck21's Reviews

03-15-2009, 04:56 PM
AFE Stage 2 Intake
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i think i wasted my money on this. It did help on I-70 from denver west. But i dont go that way much anymore. Unless you need lots and lots of air in a high elevation dont waste your money

Chelsea

The clocks ticking, pops.
Chelsea's Reviews

03-04-2009, 02:09 PM
AFE Stage 2 Intake
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the AFE stage 2 intake a lot... It's not a huge improvement but it definitely breathes better than stock.

neonix
neonix's Reviews

03-03-2009, 03:56 PM
AFE Stage 2 Intake
Price: $275.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Noticeable difference in power, throttle response, and sound. Dry filter will be great for off roading, and general maintenance. Haven't had it on long enough to notice any difference in mpg's.

MN_SHIFTY
MN_SHIFTY's Reviews

03-03-2009, 12:58 PM
AFE Stage 2 Intake
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good overall.
Advanced Flow Engineering, known as "aFe" produces high performance air filters and air intake systems for both gasoline and diesel engines. These air induction systems unleash the real power from your engine and bolts on in only a few minutes. aFe products are aerodynamic designed to increase flow while maintaining velocity critical to performance and fuel efficiency.

Jeep1384
Jeep1384's Reviews

01-31-2009, 12:43 PM
AFE Stage 2 Intake
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product. The intake makes the jeep sound really good at WOT. The filter and tube are huge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last