10K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  skypilot1955 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $100
Rating 3
Average Price $126.22
Manufacturer Xtreme-fi (ebay)
Recommended Yes: 15 / No: 4

They do a real nice job on boring out. Its 63mm all the way through and they replace the butterfly with a lighter weight one.

#3 ·
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: they have used factory throttle bodies that they bore out, you send them your old one in the box they ship you the bored one in. everything lines up perfect, and it looks completly stock. real simple bolt on. all the intake/performance stuff people argue about? youre making the hole bigger that lets air into your engine. seriosuly, why wouldnt this work. i can feel a difference and i recomend buying this.

#5 ·
Price $90
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: So far, it seems like it's freed up a lot of horsepower. It's easier to pass on the highway, because it seems to downshift much quicker and with more oomph.

#7 · (Edited)
Price $240
Cons Customer service is absolute garbage, core's are not refunded. DO NOT SEND YOUR CORE TO THIS GUY
Recommended yes

Comments: Custom brass throttle blade - 50% thinner than stock
Bored to 63mm - stock necks down to 52mm
Halved throttle shaft w/ low profile high strength screws
Semi-polished air inlet
Easy to install in about ½ hour

With a stock 4.0L motor I noticed a more full response throughout the gear range on my 05 LJ with a 6 spd. Acceleration is improved in city and freeway driving in that the lag in response normally felt when trying to accelerate in a situation such as passing is greatly reduced. I would deffinately recommend this product and the price is much lower than brand name competitors. I would warn anyone buying one of these thought that the customer service from extremefi is horrible. They didnt refund my core for two months and when I got upset with them about it they refused to refund it and made me pay shipping to have the core shipped back to me. Four months later, still waiting on my core. If you buy one of their throttle bodies, do yourself a favor and sell your core here on JF.

#8 ·
Price $80
Pros Quality workmanship, allows slightly less pressure drop across intake manifold, engine revs a bit more willingly, especially in higher rpms
Cons Customer service is poor, core return not likely to actually happen - just keep your TB and sell it outright
Recommended yes

Comments: Overall a good upgrade for less than $100. Don't expect the core return to happen - just keep your existing TB and sell it outright. Breaths a bit better at higher RPMs and results in less pressure drop across the manifold. Not much, more info in TJ CAI FAQ - only saves about 2 HP at WOT. Definitely a better option than name brand expensive options.

#9 ·
Price $70
Pros Increased acceleration in mid-RPM ranges, increased gas mileage
Cons none yet, no whistling or anything
Recommended yes

Comments: I got a bored out stock throttle body from Leigh Performance, very fast shipping and a very clean TB. After returning my core I think the total cost was around $70.00. One of the easiest and best mods I've added to my DD stocker yet.

#11 ·
Price $184
Pros came with the spacer
Cons was oem condition
Recommended yes

Comments: was only 140 after the core charge.

#13 ·
Price $75
Pros cheap price , good build quality
Cons with my stroker engine and 2000 intake manifold , it can get a little touchy on throttle response
Recommended yes

Comments: Recieved product quickly , nice smooth bore job all bolt holes clean and threads in great shape . Nice jump in performance when paired with other mods such as cold air intake , ignition and exhaust.

#14 ·
Price $160
Rating 1
Pros n/a
Cons n/a
Recommended no

Comments: Beware of xtremefi. They never refunded my core deposit and kept my core. They are crooks. Simply google reviews of them and/or check out the BBB.org to find out more.

They are getting away with it on ebay because buyers give them a review once they receive the product and not after they receive their core refund.

#15 ·
Price $150
Pros - Throttle Resonse
- Fuel Saving
Cons - No Complants
Recommended yes

Comments: I have no direct complaints about this product, However, I also have an intake and exhaust system installed.

#16 ·
Price $170
Rating 1
Pros Dont know.
Cons customer service
Recommended no

Comments: Seller ripped me off on EBay, I bought this on accident for my 1988, I told him about it 4hrs later. Now, a month later, no product, no refund. I do have a delivery confirmation number, although it is for a different town than mine, and was delivered by a different carrier than my carrier. Post master said most likely not an error on post office side, but it looks like it wast most likely deliberately mailed to wrong place to get a tracking number.:confused: HUGE problems, I do not suggest dealing with them just because of customer service

check his feedback, looks like non refund of core charge is kinda normal.:nono:

#17 ·
Price $99
Pros Easy installation, clean machaining, no whistle
Cons squeeky butterfly action due to painted spring
Recommended yes

Comments: This product works good with a free flowing exhaust and intake. There is no whistle because there are no roughsharp edges (they have been smoothed over) where the Idle Air control sensor is.

#19 ·
Price $149.99
Rating 1
Pros N/A
Cons Customer Service. Theft.
Recommended no

Comments: BEWARE - SCAM ARTISTS - xterme-fi also known as Tom Bishop - Throttle Shop - 416. 5114 Balcones Woods # 307. Austin, Tx 78759. I sent them a core to get a quote. Took them 4 weeks to get back to me. I contacted them a dozen times and just started to think they had stolen my property so I threatened to call police. Now they wont send my property back to me unless I send them Cash or money order:nono:. They will not accept credit card or paypal so I can cover my own butt. Thieves. Do a Google search for these guys..they rip people off right and left.

#20 · (Edited)
Price $140
Rating 4
Pros I bought this throttle body for my yj 2.5 it worked good.
Cons i sent him 100.00 for the throttle body.he asked me to send him 40.00 for core charge.And then he would send me the 40.00 back after he receive my core back.I waiting to long to contact ebay.You only have 30 days to complain.I guess he knows that even he states it might take him a couple of weeks to get you your refund.The thief took my core and kept my money.I turn him in to ebay they are looking into it.beware.I wrote him many emails and even called him never heard from him.
Recommended no

Comments: The product worked great i put this on my 2.5 and wow what a change.With my cold air intake freed up exhaust.This little 25 can even burn out.Its never preformed so well.I just hate that the man is a thief.And why?he does make a great product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.