Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Throttle Body > Jeep 4.0 throttle body

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Jeep 4.0 throttle body Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Throttle Body Next Product

Jeep 4.0 throttle body

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $40.00
Average Price: $43.78
Manufacturer: Jeep
Recommended?
Yes: 24 / No: 4

Factory 4.0 throttle body installed on the 2.5L.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

eestlane87
eestlane87's Reviews
10-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: very easy bolt on.
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i did notice a slight improvement in acceleration. when installing this make sure you use the sensors from the 2.5 throttle body. at first i ran it with the 4.0 sensors that came with it on my 2.5, jeep was idling abnormally high at around 1200rpms.

hiperon
hiperon's Reviews
03-31-2014, 07:13 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Better airflow
Cons: No
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I did not notice any power increase after installing it, but I think it is. Working well with 4.0 idle speed motor after reseting EPU. Also i remove air restrictor in the airbox.

Miller16
Miller16's Reviews
04-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: none
Cons: want better throttle body
Recommended? No

Comments: its alright, want better throttle body

jonothehut
jonothehut's Reviews
03-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Price: $30.00
Pros: Quicker throttle response. Seems to run better. Might just be because I cleaned the 4.0 TB
Cons: Just make sure you swap all sensors. Other than that no cons.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great and easy swap. Definitely worth doing if you can get a good price on one do it! You wont regret it. Tons of how to threads. Don't expect major HP gains. Only if you plan on other stuff, intake, exhaust, fuel injector mods.

elupton
elupton's Reviews
07-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Price: $20.00
Pros: More Air Flow
Cons: Install time vs. power gains Need to Bore Intake Manifold
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Since it was pretty cheap, I went ahead and tried. It's OK, nothing big for power gains. Since I have a 2.5, the intake manifold needs to be bored out the match the throttle body.

26679cj7

26679cj7's Reviews
01-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: easy to install,hesco crank shaft pulley with magnetic pick up
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hesco offers great products and even had and knew what electric fuel pump I needed for my swap,all parts I got from Hesco's have being of good quality.With out them I would still be lost and not wheeling.

Phreaq
Phreaq's Reviews
11-27-2011, 02:59 AM
Price: $15.00
Pros: More air flow, better MPG possible, added with other easy mods for a nice HP+, cheep, CA Smog legal!!!
Cons: Possibility of breaking a bolt for the idle air controller. Possibility of breaking IAC gasket.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I found an INSTANT gain When I did this. I was able to moderately accelerate from 25MPH in 5th gear! This was sure to bog it down before.
Before swap:
2.5, ax-5, E-fan, 4.10, 32's

Clean the new TB, remove 2.5 TB with 10mm socket, Swap all your sensors over to the 4.0 TB. Be careful removing the bolts for the sensors. A Heat Gun may be required to melt the lock tight. Use the T20 torques! Pay attention to how the TPS is sprung when screws are removed. Reassemble.

I have found them to go for $10-15. I came across a couple for free but one was wrong year. Gaskets are cheep for TB. I don't know about the IAC gasket. I reused all gaskets.

nofearwindham
nofearwindham's Reviews
10-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Price: $10.00
Pros: Cheap, noticeable difference
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was the cheapest most effective power add-on I did to my 2.5L. Even without grinding out the intake manifold i noticed the difference, especially in 5th gear(when i had 5th gear). bought off of ebay

kornonthekob99
kornonthekob99's Reviews
10-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Price: $40.00
Pros: INCREASE AIR FLOW
Cons: NEED TO SMOOTH OUT THE MATING SURFACE BETWEEN NEW THROTTLE BODY AND THE INTAKE MANIFOLD WITH A DREMEL TO MAXIMIZE EFFICIENCY
Recommended? Yes

Comments: WITH TB AND 19 LB INJECTORS, A 2.5l JEEP CAN NOW MOVE AT HIGHER RPMS... SHOULD BE ONE OF FIRST 3 MODS DONE... START ON THE RIGHT FOOT

natedawg3256
natedawg3256's Reviews
10-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Pros: seems to help all around
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For what i spent it seems to help all around, It was a very easy swap only took about 15 mins to switch. that doesn't count cleaning. (junkyard TB)

mrmark

mrmark's Reviews
04-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Recommended? No

Comments: I didn't feel much of a change, if it cost any money I would say it's not worth it, but I had a 4.0 I was selling so I swapped to see. Both vehicles seemed to have the same power and ran just he same.

SQUARElights4me

SQUARElights4me's Reviews
01-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Pros: 99% bolt on. Just have to grind off the little tab on the bottom of the 4.0 TB. If you are feeling frisky you can grind the opening on the intake to fit the exact opening on the larger TB. For 15$ you cant beat a couple of HP and Ft/lbs of torque. You are not gaining much, BUT any little bit helps with the low out put 2.5L.
Cons: need a grinder/grinding tool to grind off the tab.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For 15$ junkyard special, this upgrade IMO is worth it. I even re-used the sensors off of the donor 4.0 TB. If one of your sensors goes bad, you can just swap them off of your old 2.5 TB and save yourself 40-50$ from a new TPS or AIS sensor. I noticed a "peppier" throttle response and i actually feel the difference in 4th and 5th gear when i get hard on the throttle. (dont confuse description with roasting the tires or passing people in the fast lane, but it does HELP some)

YelloJeep
YelloJeep's Reviews
12-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Pros: Some more get up and go. Easy to do.
Cons: SLIGHTLY higher RPM at idle.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: VERY easy to do, and if you don't like it of it doesn't work out for whatever reason it is easy to undo. It is helpful to already have a TB spacer.

RKOTAREK
RKOTAREK's Reviews
11-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: faster acceleration, 1 mpg better fuel mileage. just sounds meaner.
Cons: did a smoke test of the vacuum system on my jeep and the throttle body around the butterfly valve shaft leaks a good amount but nothing too crazy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I found this 63mm throttle body on line for about $150 . put it on in like 15min and right away on the first test drive noticed a difference

YelloJeep
YelloJeep's Reviews
09-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Pros: Immediate power gain for little money and minutes of installation.
Cons: Slight idle increase (1100RPM?) Don't yet know how it will effect gas mileage.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cheap and easy and I noticed a difference immediately. If you don't like the results you can put the old TB back on in minutes.

YelloJeep
YelloJeep's Reviews
09-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Pros: cheap power gain
Cons: Slight increase in idle RPM...don't know yet how it will effect gas mileage.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It was quick and easy and I could tell a difference right away. Also, it was very inexpensive. One of those things where if it doesn't work well it only takes minutes to put things back the way they were.

T4STE
T4STE's Reviews
05-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Price: $5.00
Pros: great once you bore it to 60mm
Cons: none whatsoever
Recommended? Yes

Comments: works well and its free if you do it yourself

dhc6
dhc6's Reviews

01-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Price: $25.00
Pros: a clean throttle body
Recommended? No

Comments: I just put a 4.0 throttle body on my 2.5 yj. It took about 25 miles of city shopping for the rpms to settle down (just touching the throttle and it would jump up to 2000rpms then settle down). Everything is normal now. I do not see any power improvements though. I do not see any power declines, so it stays on.

Nitro_Man
Nitro_Man's Reviews
10-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Pros: sTOCK FROM THE BONE YARD
Recommended? Yes

Comments: eASY INSTALL DIRECTIONS ON THIS WEBSITE. Just swap out sensors and it was good to go,

r_unda

r_unda's Reviews
10-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Pros: none
Recommended? No

Comments: Did not really notice any change in performance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last