Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Throttle Body > Airaid/PowerAid AA310-510

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140

Airaid/PowerAid AA310-510 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Throttle Body Next Product

Airaid/PowerAid AA310-510

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $97.00
Average Price: $71.88
Manufacturer: Airaid/PowerAid
Recommended?
Yes: 29 / No: 2

PowerAid Throttle Body Spacers incorporate a patented helix bore which spins the incoming air charge, boosting velocity for improved atomization. The end result is improved combustion efficiency which boosts low-end torque, throttle response, and fuel efficiency.

Bolt-on more part throttle torque and improve MPG with a PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer. Developed to enhance off-idle torque, from 800 rpm to approximately 3,000 rpm, PowerAid’s unique, patented Helix Bore-design creates a spinning action of the incoming air charge as it passes through the throttle body spacer.

The spinning action created by the Helix-Bore boosts the incoming air charge velocity. This highly-active air charge contributes to better atomization of the air/fuel mixture at the combustion chamber. The end result is more part-throttle torque, improved mid-range power, and overall combustion efficiency for better fuel economy.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

zcfrey
zcfrey's Reviews
04-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Price: $89.90
Pros: Definite increase in power, torque and horse, and I really don't care what anyone says...I AM getting better fuel economy when not driving like I have more power.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is worth every penny. Ya, ya I know there has been great debate about these and they say "oh no it is not worth it don't waste your money," well I did NOT waste money with this upgrade. Key word being upgrade. Very noticeable increases of horsepower and torque and I'm getting better economy when driving normally (not like an ***) than I ever have. No doubts about it for me, I made the right choice.

JeepRookie11
JeepRookie11's Reviews
11-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Price: $90.00
Pros: Power
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchase my jeep with this installed so I am not sure if it added any power but i have no complaints on the way my jeep drives. Plenty of PEP

DNeumann
DNeumann's Reviews
01-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Price: $95.00
Pros: Gives extra torque and improves throttle response easy to install took me 15 minutes.
Cons: I've only had it for a few days bit it seems to have an issue fitting in tandem with a K&N kit as far as it presses against the hood.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good, very easy to install and a wise purchase, only four bolts and you're ready to go. So far it seems to have helped my torque and throttle response. Personally I would suggest this product.

sbaker51
sbaker51's Reviews

03-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Price: $82.85
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: Doesn't make a impact on torque (at least on a 2.5L)
Recommended? No

Comments: I have a 2.5L 1998 Jeep Wrangler. The throttle body spacer had no impact what so ever. You couldn't feel any more torque than before, and didn't even make a whistling noise others are hearing. They make work good on a 4.0L, but do not get for a 2.5L.

rubicon1983
rubicon1983's Reviews
02-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: awome hp and tourqe and mpg gains and stablize
Cons: no cons love whistle
Recommended? Yes

Comments: awesome spacer easy install no worries wicke dhp and tourqe and mpg

Steel4Pens

Steel4Pens's Reviews
02-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: quality Ease on install
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was easy to install. I did notice a increase in power and fuel economy. The only problem that I think is the price was a little steep. Overall I'm happy with it. I would buy again if I had another Jeep

queball1989
queball1989's Reviews
01-03-2012, 02:50 AM
Price: $85.00
Pros: better mpg, better throttle response
Cons: high pitched whistle
Recommended? Yes

Comments: gives better mpg, and better throttle response. gives off a high pitched whistle sound similar to a turbo...i like it but others might not

Green426
Green426's Reviews

09-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Price: $83.00
Pros: More Throttle Response
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After reviewing the topics on this product I decided to add my 2 cents. After installing a new Crankshaft Sensor and O2 Sensor, I installed this product and WOW is my jeep peppy on the throttle response. You can hear the whistle when it changes gear at higher RPM's. Sounds awesome. I'm sure it will get louder when I get my AEM Brute Force intake in. It's suppose to increase you fuel mileage but I haven't checked it yet. Anyways, I give this product two huge thumbs up for peppyness

henrytwin
henrytwin's Reviews
11-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Price: $83.00
Pros: better air flow
Cons: CARB issues if you forget to put the sticker on the spacer
Recommended? Yes

Comments: couldn't tell you if it works or not, but i bought it.

MADGpr

MADGpr's Reviews
08-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Easy install. Good instructions. Quality materials.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm not an engine know-it-all, so I can't tell you if this REALLY works. But based on the fact that I did purchase it I can tell you that it's not a piece of junk. Instructions were great, perfect fit, and easy install. Some company proclaims that if you can hear the whistle then you know it's working. If that's true then this booger works. That isn't to say that it's an annoying whistle, because it isn't, but you can definitely hear it. Although I hardly notice it anymore.

IH8PEPL

Web Wheeler
IH8PEPL's Reviews

08-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Easy install (20 Minutes), slightly noticeable difference in midrange throttle response.
Cons: None so far...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Am I feeling the 12hp gain so many claim it gives you... No. Though I am seeing a more crisp throttle response and a little umph going up hills <--- Exactly what I bought it for. No noticeable MPG increase Whistle sounds like a turbo winding up. Not as annoying as some claim. If you have an extra $80 burning a hole in your pocket - go for it, cant hurt. If not, your not missing much.

engine351

engine351's Reviews
07-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Price: $45.00
Pros: Easy install
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed quickly and easily. Gained some power when combined with intake.

rednecknguy
rednecknguy's Reviews
04-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Pros: Great throttle response
Cons: Cant run the k&n intake cause your hood won't close
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Better airflow and mpg

Kei_XJ
Kei_XJ's Reviews
11-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Price: $82.99
Pros: increase of flow and throttle response
Cons: there is a slight lost in higher rpm torque
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the TS is very good product and it increases the response and increase in power as well

flyfishme98

flyfishme98's Reviews
10-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: SLIGHT POWER GAIN AT LOW END
Cons: NOISE
Recommended? No

Comments: I FOUND IT ON A USED RUBICON AT WORK AND DECIDED THE BEST WAY TO TRY ONE. HAVE NOT REALLY NOTICED ANY DIFFERENCE.

gmp211
gmp211's Reviews
06-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Pros: Adds a cool little whistle sound
Cons: Directions not very clear for the WJ.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Adds a cool little whistle at around 2000 RPM. Helps the performance of my FIPK a little bit. If you have the cash, buy it. But don't make it a priority.

Kei_XJ
Kei_XJ's Reviews
05-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Pros: increases throttle response and gives the Xj a bit more grunt when u take off
Cons: the high rpm hp goes down abit but thats a minor thing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the airaid poweraid throttle body spacer is a another great power add to any truck, the install is very simple to do it only took me about 20 mins to do. and after installing it and started my cherokee up i could tell it uped my throttle and when i gave it couple revs and it made my exhaust tone deeper than i though ,and when i took it for a test run i felt abit more power as well nd my mileage went up abit as well even though ive been told that the spacer was garbage nd it doesnt do ****, i say its worth it

mrtJEEP87
mrtJEEP87's Reviews

03-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: BOLT ON HORSEPOWER!

mjbarger
mjbarger's Reviews

02-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Price: $25.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Noticable performane diffirence in low RPM's and a great whistle that has encouraged me to put of a turbo

Bruiser1981
Bruiser1981's Reviews

02-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Price: $69.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed my Airaid intake, and this at the same time. So I don't know what its like by itself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »