Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Headers > Rugged Ridge Stainless Steel 409

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Rugged Ridge Stainless Steel 409 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Headers Next Product

Rugged Ridge Stainless Steel 409

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $180.00
Average Price: $212.73
Manufacturer: Rugged Ridge
Recommended?
Yes: 13 / No: 2

extra tough 409 st. steel header

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

GreenMachine_x
GreenMachine_x's Reviews
08-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros:  ok but need a new cat & muffer
Cons:  good on gas
Recommended? Yes

Comments: put the header on had to go over & retightening the bolts,So if any body put a header on better Check the Bolts again, I had to Engine idle was fast.

Shiguy
Shiguy's Reviews
08-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Price: $190.00
Pros: Cheap! extra torque
Cons: Did not fit
Recommended? No

Comments: This header only cost me $190 new in box off amazon. However after dealing with the trouble I would almost have gone with another company with the same design. The bolts on the bottom side are a royal PIA to get to but one in particular 3rd from the front on the bottom is almost impossible to reach. They only way to even reach is with a wratchet wrench on the bottom. Even then the exhaust must be disconnected and pullled far to the side to even fit a hand up in the small space. If you're a big dude.. forget about it you'll never even get close enough to reach squeezing between the header and the engine block. The header mounting flange is also larger than stock which resulted in a loss of two days while we figured out why the intake wasn't sealing and shaving the flange down. Finally one of the pipes toward the rear was contacting the intake also preventing it from sealing so a small section of the intake had to be dremeled out. On the good note thought I got a new performance header for $190 bucks right?

Shiguy
Shiguy's Reviews
08-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Price: $190.00
Pros: Gave slight throaty sound. Noticed increase in torque.
Cons: Modifications had to be made to header and intake in order to fit. Tube locations obviously made with no care or consideration for access to bolts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This header only cost me $190 new in box off amazon. However after dealing with the trouble I would almost have gone with another company with the same design. The bolts on the bottom side are a royal PIA to get to but one in particular 3rd from the front on the bottom is almost impossible to reach. They only way to even reach is with a wratchet wrench on the bottom. Even then the exhaust must be disconnected and pullled far to the side to even fit a hand up in the small space. If you're a big dude.. forget about it you'll never even get close enough to reach squeezing between the header and the engine block. The header mounting flange is also larger than stock which resulted in a loss of two days while we figured out why the intake wasn't sealing. Finally one of the pipes toward the rear was contacting the intake also preventing it from sealing so a small section of the intake had to be dremeled out. On the good note thought I got a new performance header for $190 bucks right?

knightwolf654
knightwolf654's Reviews
01-31-2011, 05:53 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: good construction
Cons: they do not fit.
Recommended? No

Comments: took me a hole week working on this trying to get it to fit, but the pipe coming from the last cylinder on the back of the engine will not let the intake sit right.
if your going to buy headers, go back and get the stock one.

benjen89
benjen89's Reviews
11-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Price: $216.00
Pros: Really good quality for the price, very clean welds throughout. bolted up to the stock flange
Cons: had to shave one thirty secounds in off a few spots on the bases for the intake to fit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These headers are of excellent Quality, and a constructed of high grade steel. All of the welds are of superior quality. This particular header according to Summit fits the Jeep wrangler and Cherokee. This is the first Grand Cherokee that this header from them has been on. it took a small amount of modifiaction to allow for the Intake Manaflod to fit. it requiered grinding one thirty secounds off some of the bases. these headers provide for a very nice installation.

zmiller
zmiller's Reviews

11-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Pros: Seems to be made well
Cons: A real b@#$% to get to a couple bolts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just installed this header on my 02 X and hope it works well. The install was a PIA. I tried everything to get to the center left bolt and finally had to have a second brain work on it because I couldn't get it. The product seems to be built well with a thick mounting flange and pretty decent welds. Hopefully it stays tight because I don't look forward to tightening the bolts again.

Jeepguy95
Jeepguy95's Reviews
05-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Price: $172.00
Pros: Price
Cons: No problems so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install went fairly smooth except for one bolt. Finish looked good, gaskets fit well. For the money I don't think it can be beat

jlimit1

jlimit1's Reviews
05-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Pros: Good quality,cost
Cons: Fit issues
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this from quadratec It arrived quickly and with all needed hardware/gasgets. It was a tight fit and was difficult to get some bolts in. Overall satisfied with product.

kunzcl
kunzcl's Reviews
05-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Pros: Too early
Cons: Too early
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed.. header install itself can be tedious.. but the header fit my 98 TJ without any problems.

npheadrush
npheadrush's Reviews
01-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: sounds great
Cons: flange took a little reworking to get it to fit right
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall cant beat the bang for the buck just not the greatest quality.

97tj_Phil
97tj_Phil's Reviews
11-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Price: $399.00
Pros: better exhaust flow, less restriction
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: damn good, throaty hum with no tin sounds.

Boodyrider
Boodyrider's Reviews
11-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Pros: stainless, excellent fit
Cons: Cracks like all the rest.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've got a friend that spent big bucks on the Banks header; it has cracked 5 times now. Sure they replace it, but my RR header cost a lot less.

Install was easy. Fit was perfect. No clearance issues like some aftermarket headers.

However... the update. This header too cracks, like all the rest of 'em. Lasted about a year before it cracked, and I welded it back up tonight (Aug 7 2010). Will update when something else happens.

The weld quality was.... too little weld, not enough welding between the tubes. I suspect some reinforcement with tying the tubes together would have helped this either not crack or last longer before cracking.

Jeep_Runner_83
Jeep_Runner_83's Reviews

01-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Price: $120.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It helped the exhaust system perform better with all the upgraded exhaust parts

sliseno
sliseno's Reviews

12-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Price: $180.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: head to do some slight mod. to get intake back on.otherwise eveything else seemed very well built.