Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Headers > Edelbrock Shorty Headers with TiTech coating

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Edelbrock Shorty Headers with TiTech coating Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Headers Next Product

Edelbrock Shorty Headers with TiTech coating

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $430.00
Average Price: $311.78
Manufacturer: Edelbrock
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 0

This new Tri-Y design header will bolt directly to the factory exhaust system. "Using 1½" diameter 409 stainless steel primary tubes, a ½"-thick laser-cut port flange and ¼"-thick laser-cut collector flange, the new header improves performance for 4.0L 1991-1999 Jeep vehicles. "With the new TiTECH™ coating, headers will have heat stability to 1,600° F," Said Jack Mayberry, Edelbrock vice president of R&D. "At higher temperatures, the Ti-TECH™ coating will flux, becoming harder and more abrasion resistant, unlike organic coatings that chalk and lose adhesion with extreme heat."
Because Edelbrock listens to its customers, these new headers bolt directly to the factory crossover pipe with no cutting or welding required for installation. The tubing is mandrel-bent to help ensure superior flow.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

TigerFanTJ
TigerFanTJ's Reviews
11-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

pyro5613
pyro5613's Reviews
09-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Sounds great
Cons: gasket very delicate
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Stock header had a crack about 180degrees around a single port so i decided that when i replaced i was going to upgrade. This header sounds great and insturctions, a buddie and a six pack make this an easy pull and replace afternoon job.

jeffarcher401
jeffarcher401's Reviews
02-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Price: $399.00
Pros: super fit
Cons: non yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These have a thick flange and fit perfect. Will work with stock Y-pipe. Comes with optional heat tube attachment for air cleaner and they look great.

FST1994ZJ
FST1994ZJ's Reviews
11-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Easy install Good material
Cons: little exspensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got these edelbrock hearers and installed them in my 5.2 to give it a meaner sound and some added horsepower. :] they just bolted right on my factory block no problems. they tend to wear away gaskets very quick :/

sarcasmo

sarcasmo's Reviews
10-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Compatible with emission controls systems.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Comes with 'tree' attachment for smog/emission system attachment. Product is as advertised, less restrictive than the stock headers, good performance.

haves0090
haves0090's Reviews

06-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Price: $377.00
Pros: noticable power gain; affordable; lifetime warranty
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this header really worth the money. definately noticed a bit more power and it adds a nice rumble to your exhaust

99GeePTJ
99GeePTJ's Reviews

03-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Price: $430.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Go with porcelain if you want, it lowers temperatures and increases HP. It may be unnoticable but for 50 bux more why not. I've purchased it, yet to install it and or rate it. Will let you know but I'm pretty sure it'll be great.

lilacsl2

OhDoyleRules
lilacsl2's Reviews

10-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works great, easy inexpensive fix for the cracked factory header, made a difference in the tone of the exhaust, a little deeper sounding than factory.

nicolaimonkey
nicolaimonkey's Reviews

06-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Price: $349.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome headers , much improved power and throttle response over stock , much more low end power , like between 1000 and 2500 rpm thus increasing fun-to-drive factor. very happy with purchase.