Price $579
Rating 4
Average Price $443.5
Manufacturer Doug Thorley
Recommended Yes: 8 / No: 0

Doug Thorley Tri-Y Ceramic Coated Polished Headers

#6 ·
Price $499
Pros Their purrrty. Click on any of my posts to access the pictures available online.
Cons Overkill for a DD
Recommended yes

Comments: The Doug Thorley headers for the 4.0L have excellent construction and are ceramic coated. Easy to install and hook up. Any performance to be gained would require additional components installed on both the front and back end of the intake conducive to increased and less restrictive air flow.

#7 ·
Price $600
Pros Ceramic coated, very durable, great sound/performance
Cons Pricey
Recommended yes

Comments: Great replacement for the crappy factory manifold which is known to crack. Purchased and installed a Doug Thorley ceramic coated header about 8 years ago, still looks new. No rust on this thing at all and have run it through numerous trails. Repainted when engine was rebuilt. Also gives the 4.0L great sound and noticeable performance.

#9 ·
Price $539.97
Rating 5
Pros +12 gauge stainless that's ceramic coated!

+Very well built!

+Torque seems the same as before (with other mods), but there's a large difference above 3200 RPMs; pulls hard to 5000 (4.0L)
Cons -Cost

-Install is a giant pain
Recommended yes

Comments: Installed a Thorley HDX-635 this past weekend with a Magnaflow 50899 front catalytic converter y-pipe and Flowmaster universal rear cat. It's attached to a MBRP XP Series T-409 cat-back exhaust, a 63mm throttle body and an AEM cold air intake. (Jeep is 6-spd with 33s & 3.73s)

The intake, throttle body and cat-back exhaust were already on my LJ.

The headers and y-pipe rock!!! They're expensive and a pain to install, but I would do it over and over again. The Jeep MOVES now. Can't wait to try it on the trail, but it's a stop light dragster now! The headers also sound great; there's a throatey warble that wasn't there before.

Definitely worth the price if you're into power from a 4.0L!!!
:drool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.