Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Headers > Borla Borla Header for 00-04 Jeep Wrangler TJ with 4.0L

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Borla Borla Header for 00-04 Jeep Wrangler TJ with 4.0L Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Headers Next Product

Borla Borla Header for 00-04 Jeep Wrangler TJ with 4.0L

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $625.00
Average Price: $330.86
Manufacturer: Borla
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 1

Taken from Quadratec.com website 08 Aug 2006:

Borla Headers are tuned to suit your vehicle. They increase power and maximize fuel efficiency. This new header uses a unique two part design to addapt to the stock pre cats and cross over pipe so little modification will be needed. When combined with a Cat Back system, vehicles experience 10-15 horsepower increases. Great sound with excellent flow. Borla systems are street legal in 50 states. With the Million Mile Warranty, Borla is the last exhaust system you'll ever need to buy. **GASKET NOT INCLUDED**

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

bomoto
bomoto's Reviews
12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Was replacement of a defect orginal
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its now louder, passing perfect

valacech

valacech's Reviews

07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Price: $360.00
Pros: Well made, strong/sturdy, includes all parts needed, no rust.
Cons: Leaks, leaks, leaks, very difficult to install/maintain.
Recommended? No

Comments: I have had this kit for over a year. It was a pain to install, but any header system would be. The parts are well made and very durable. The engine performed well with these headers and sounded great. Over time, the Y-pipe cat assembly became loose from the header pipes and began leaking. Constant buzzing sound as well as exhaust fumes entering the cab. Tightened the bolts, stopped leak, came back after about 3 weeks. Not sure why the hell this thing won't stop leaking.

sp33dracerman
sp33dracerman's Reviews

06-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Price: $849.00
Pros: lifetime warranty
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this borla sounds amazing

northernbound
northernbound's Reviews
02-23-2010, 03:56 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: unproven still..
Cons: unproven still
Recommended? Yes

Comments: unproven...I'll respond after I break them in

Coops
Coops's Reviews

02-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Pros: direct replacement
Cons: none really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had it installed with a magnaflow cat back system, I did notice a seat of the pants difference once the header was installed. It makes 33's and 3.73's more livable until I can re-gear.

Mine did come with a gasket which did blow out after maybe a year. So far the new one has held.

edmond

edmond's Reviews

04-23-2008, 03:23 AM
Pros: power increase
Cons: Not legal in Cali for 05-06
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had this header on my old 98TJ and I noticed a power increase imediatey

randonlee25
randonlee25's Reviews

03-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Price: $625.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A lot more flow! A must!

bdf1783

bdf1783's Reviews

02-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Price: $1.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good product but not if u loking for sound

KnightFire

KnightFire's Reviews

01-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just wanted to update this article, I've yet to be contacted by Borla after SEVERAL email attempts. I've given up trying to contact thier 'customer support' division. I'll most likely find a reason to try the Banks header system as I know for a fact they are responsive to customer queries.

KnightFire

KnightFire's Reviews

08-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Price: $380.00
Pros: Gives a bit more power/Deeper throaty sound
Cons: Possible headerpipe/downpipe fitment issues
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had Borla's header/cat-back system for a few years now. Ever since the installation, I've had an exhaust leak at the flange where the header and pre-cat pipes meet. The kit did not come with any type of dough-nut gasket to aid in sealing this union area.

I've tried everything to repair it, ensured the bolts were tight, exhaust putty and exhaust wrap at the flange only, etc...nothing ever seems to work for more than a week. The problem is that the exhaust itself is prone to movement, I can actually grab the exhaust y-pipe, move it and the leak will stop, but it immediately returns when I hit a bump in the road.

I've contacted Borla about this issue recently as I'm to the point now, where it's madening. I hope to hear from them, if I do, I'll post it.

Overall, I think adding the Borla header/cat-back exhaust was a GREAT move for my Jeep. I consistantly walk away from other 4.0L owners on the highway, I've RARELY needed to grab 4th gear to pass someone after their installation (unless it was a going up a STEEP hill) and I did see an 1-2mpg increase.

I've had the system on the Jeep for 4 years now, and the only complaint I have is the annoying exhaust leak...no cracks, no breaks, and it really does sound good...when it's not leaking.