Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Headers > Borla 6cyl Header

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Borla 6cyl Header Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Headers Next Product

Borla 6cyl Header

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $600.00
Average Price: $325.70
Manufacturer: Borla
Recommended?
Yes: 25 / No: 5

BORLA Headers are built with race-winning technology from premium Aircraft-Quality T-304 Stainless Steel, an alloy superior to T-400 series knockoffs, to give you the absolute best in performance, sound and durability. Ultra-smooth mandrel bends and precision computer-controlled CNC manufacturing give you maximum flow, and power.
Reuses original crossover pipe to catalytic converter.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Ruthless1

Ruthless1's Reviews
08-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Price: $435.00
Pros: The warranty
Cons: only one so far is the PRICE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just got it, so I cant give a proper review yet but, hoping it will bring my fresh 258 build to life working with the stage 2 cam and weber 38

Boothe
Boothe's Reviews
02-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Price: $459.00
Pros: This header is very well made, came with two manifold gaskets (for both applications) and being stainless steel has shown no signs of corrosion (installed June 2011). It has an excellent warranty, so if it cracks Borla takes care of it.
Cons: My YJ has an automatic transmission. The instructions barely mention that there may be modifications required on auto equipped vehicles. This involves removing, cutting and welding a support rod into the shifter pivot shaft support at the block / bellhousing interface. It requires a welder, grinder and hand fitting; not something the average shade tree mechanic limited to basic hand tools can do at home.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My original equipment manifold cracked at the collector at around 150K miles. After doing my homework, I determined that Borla offered about the best warranty in the business and had good reviews. I was pleased with the quality of the product upon receiving it and set about removing the old manifold and installing the new one. I apparently missed the part where it said on Wranglers equipped with automatic transmissions, so modifications may be required. In fact, I believe I found that information on Quadradtec's site, not in the Borla literature. When I set the manifold in place, the collector came to rest on the shifter pivot shaft support bracket that bolts to the bellhousing and engine block well out of reach of the head pipe and would not mate up to the head. I had to remove this bracket, cut the part off that interfered, weld in a support rod and remount the bracket and shaft before I could proceed any further (I intend to provide a write up with pictures on the forum about this). After that, the installation went smoothly. I've been through 2 winters with it on snow, slush, gravel and salt covered roads; so far no visible corrosion, no cracks or other signs of fatigue or failure. I also installed the stainless steel matching cat-back system from Borla at the same time and it sounds very good with their header. I recommend this product as long as you have the means to make the necessary mods to your automatic equipped Wrangler or can afford to take it to a reputable shop to have it done.

loyd1957
loyd1957's Reviews
02-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Price: $1.99
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Reasonably priced, more horsepower, better mpg, sounds great. Didn't pay for it, manager of parts store uses my Jeep for test modifications.

mylogylo
mylogylo's Reviews
02-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Bolts right up
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love it

JES70

JES70's Reviews
09-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: More torq. Not positive of the price above. This was installed prior to my purchase.
Cons: Regular Gas mileage drops.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed before purchase, Only major issue I noticed, this XJ gets worse mileage than my previous 3. Only difference, I never installed headers in my previous, but did do Throttle Body, intake and exhaust upgrades.

kakai81
kakai81's Reviews
05-02-2010, 04:33 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Stainless Steel, sounds great, million mile warranty
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the header and cat-back in a package deal for $700. Awesome deal and Borla offers a million mile warranty. The stainless steel shouldn't ever rust or fail, but if it does I'm covered.

kakai81
kakai81's Reviews
04-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Great sound, stainless steel, lifetime warranty.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Super easy to install, bought the header and cat back exhaust in a package. Cost about $800 total, awesome price for a product that will last almost forever and comes with a lifetime warranty, just in case.

tekach
tekach's Reviews
04-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Good sound, holds up to abuse
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good, deep sound. Excellent piece of equipment.

danieljeep88
danieljeep88's Reviews
03-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Very very good product quality. Nice sound , better development.
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

Stefan
Stefan's Reviews
02-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: good sound/performance/strength
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is Borla, they work better than any other header you can put into your jeep...If you get this, I highly recommend pairing it with a borla cat back

Red_Rubicon
Red_Rubicon's Reviews
12-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Increased horse power
Cons: flange comes loose and creats an exhaust leak.
Recommended? No

Comments: I've had new bolt added and they still come loose. Plus you can't to all the bolts. Crap!

Update = collector cracked, Reason for loud noise! 1/5/11

Sidewinder

Sidewinder's Reviews
08-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Price: $475.00
Pros: Great. My whole ride is better.
Cons: Pricy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good product. Made my ride 10x better cause my old manifold was cracked to hell

veddersbetter
veddersbetter's Reviews

07-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Price: $349.99
Pros: Free.
Cons: Cracked in 3 different places
Recommended? No

Comments: 1998 TJ with 4.0
I dont know how to rate this because it was on and broken when I bought my jeep. He mentioned it had a "little exhaust flutter" ...sounds like a monkey banging on my hood when accelerating.
From what I can see this header looks like crap..(again I didnt break it so I dont know what was involved in doing so)
There is a pinhole in the Y area that looks like a manufacturing defect and the headers warped so bad on the head that it cracked the mounting areas. Could be Jeep abuse or a crappy product.
Im just saying if you dont like replacing the header...(because it is warranteed) I would look elsewhere

Creativetopia
Creativetopia's Reviews
05-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Price: $420.00
Pros: Good quality
Cons: Not as loud as expected. Gasket shipped with product leaks.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the headers a month after having the cat-back installed. Surprisingly, the original manifold with the Borla cat-back was louder. However, the Borla headers combined with the Borla cat-back did increase performance and air-flow through the engine. I am also using these products with a Banks Ram cold-air intake. One more note, the combo will put my girlfriend back in her seat and give her a little scare.

Rocktech
Rocktech's Reviews

11-30-2008, 03:22 AM
Borla 6cyl Header
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far running great.Seems to run a little hotter but to no concern.
Much improvement over stock.

Richyloco9292
Richyloco9292's Reviews

06-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Borla 6cyl Header
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Surprised to find out that my jeep came with borla headers.... thrilled about that =)

dick9808
dick9808's Reviews

05-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Borla 6cyl Header
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the headers it makes my jeep sound mean and it adds some balls to it!!!

jersey89yj
jersey89yj's Reviews

05-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Borla 6cyl Header
Recommended? No

Comments: OK, good for high end performance, did nothing for low end, fit could have bee better for price.

Calijeeper
Calijeeper's Reviews

04-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Borla 6cyl Header
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: never had any problems with it.

Sandhara
Sandhara's Reviews

04-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Borla 6cyl Header
Recommended? No

Comments: Wonderful looking part, sounded great, cracked at the welds like it was going out of style. It was on the jeep when i bought it, when i removed it i did notice a little loss of power in midrange, but the exhaust leaks were driving me nuts, so its worth the loss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last