Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Headers > Banks Torque Tubes Exhaust Manifold

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!

Banks Torque Tubes Exhaust Manifold Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Headers Next Product

Banks Torque Tubes Exhaust Manifold

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $397.07
Manufacturer: Banks
Recommended?
Yes: 66 / No: 11

4.0L 6-CYL:
1991-05 WRANGLER, 1991-01 CHEROKEE, '93-01 GRAND CHEROKEE, 1991-92 COMMANCHE: Banks TorqueTubes is a streamlined exhaust manifold designed to optimize exhaust flow and engine efficiency. Because the stock manifold's flange does not align squarely with the ports, flow is restricted. TorqueTube corrects the problem with a half-inch flange that is machined dead flat, and precisely fitted to the port pattern. You can hear the difference in the plusher, healthier exhaust note.
Unlike the stock, failure-prone exhaust manifold, Banks TorqueTube is built of heavy, 409 stainless steel to weather a lifetime of heat, stress and abuse. The flange, welded to the tube assembly on both sides, will never crack or separate. The gasket is made of SMI 900, a material that stands up to super-hot temperatures.

Bolts right on. Optional head pipe available for the best flow.

2.5L 4-CYL
1991-02 WRANGLER: The Banks TorqueTubes assembly for the 2.5L Wrangler provides nearly identical engineering innovations and benefits as the TorqueTubes for the 4.0L 6-cylinder Jeeps: bulletproof construction precision fit of the dead-flat half-inch flange to the port pattern imperviousness of the flange to cracking and separating and the easy, bolt-on design. Includes an extra-thick gasket (not shown) that stands up to super-hot temperatures.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

HeiserM
HeiserM's Reviews

04-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love them!!!

David97TJ
David97TJ's Reviews

04-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very GOOD STUFF!

iCEMAN99tj
iCEMAN99tj's Reviews

03-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Price: $154.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Noticed nothing in power........more mpg. 22+mpg in stock form

mcg311TJ
mcg311TJ's Reviews

03-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Price: $360.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product

DOG2000TJ

DOG2000TJ's Reviews

01-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Pros: Additional power, improved response, nice sound
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice product. You can see the difference in quality between the stock and the Banks headers. Have hed them and a cat back exhaust on for over a year with no complaints. Love the sound.

ozlowole
ozlowole's Reviews

01-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Pros: Good design
Cons: Crappy gasket
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Last week I bought a can of Seafoam and run it into the vacuum line and saw I had exhaust coming from the gasket. So I'll have to replace it sometime soon.

Gunmetal-TJ
Gunmetal-TJ's Reviews

09-19-2007, 03:20 AM
Pros: Great power improvement (over cracked stocker)
Cons: MINOR but noticed: Gasket sucks (replacing soon as it now leaks).
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great header, Got mine for $400 even, after tax. Took 2 hours to install. Overall great product.

Tom G

Tom G's Reviews

08-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Pros: Great Quality
Cons: $$$
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I actually thought it would be pretty hard to install, but everything went very smooth, and nothing was too difficult. The header sounds great and I haven't had any issues with it.

Saubaer

Saubaer's Reviews
02-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gale Banks Engineering Torque Tube Exhaust Header, TJ Wrangler and Rubicon, 2002-04 with 4.0L 6 cyl. engine Part #51306

ajmorell

ajmorell's Reviews

01-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Pros: Better than stock
Cons: crappy gasket
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I recently replaced my cracked stock manifold with the torquetube. The only complaint I have is the crappy gasket that it comes with. I do have a small leak because of the thin gasket and will probably replace the gasket this summer with the OE one.

aaggie77
aaggie77's Reviews

11-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Price: $384.00
Pros: Power when used with cat-back and intake
Cons: PAIN IN THE AZZ to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have not had issues with cracking or lean fuel however I am running a 4.7 stroker & 24# injectors. Be ready for some knuckle busting, hair pulling fun installing this thing. Find a friend with a air ratchet and universal sockets and small hands! ***Recommend buying the Mopar Intake Gasket.***

juicybaka
juicybaka's Reviews

09-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Price: $465.00
Recommended? No

Comments: Well I recently had the torque tube installed on my '00 xj along with k&n intake and magnaflow exhaust. The throttle response is definitley seat of the pants over stock. Banks dyno sheet shows 19 more horespower at the rear wheels. However their is a definite downside to the headers which banks did not tell me.
I just went to dealer last week to have them fix a/c. Now, the mechanic there told me that their is drawback putting torque tube on as is. He explained that the jeep runs extemely lean. To correct this he said an ajustable sensor should be installed. And even having the adjustable sensor you still run the risk of damaging engine, i.e., blown pistons. So along with the sensor he suggested bigger injectors which run about 100 bucks a piece. Just too much money for the some extra power. Torque tube is out and exhaust stays. Don't want to run the risk of buying a new engine after putting so much money into it.

coolguycarlos

coolguycarlos's Reviews

08-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Pros: Great improvement on the stock headers that from what I hear easily crack
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, definetly better then the stock headers, did notice a great improvement in HP when I installed with the banks exhausts also

PJTJ
PJTJ's Reviews

08-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Pros: sounds and looks good
Cons: pain in the azz to put in
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great header!!

Leroux

Leroux's Reviews

08-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Pros: Great fitment, nice looks
Cons: Gasket that comes with it is two small, still prone to cracking
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had mine on for about 8 months when it cracked the exact same place as my original. I also had to replace the gasket that came with it for a thicker one, the ones they send are way to small. Banks required me to pay for shipping both ways for getting it replaced under warranty. My second one seems fine, I have about 15K miles on it.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4