Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Headers > Banks Torque Tubes Exhaust Manifold

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Banks Torque Tubes Exhaust Manifold Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Headers Next Product

Banks Torque Tubes Exhaust Manifold

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $397.07
Manufacturer: Banks
Recommended?
Yes: 66 / No: 11

4.0L 6-CYL:
1991-05 WRANGLER, 1991-01 CHEROKEE, '93-01 GRAND CHEROKEE, 1991-92 COMMANCHE: Banks TorqueTubes is a streamlined exhaust manifold designed to optimize exhaust flow and engine efficiency. Because the stock manifold's flange does not align squarely with the ports, flow is restricted. TorqueTube corrects the problem with a half-inch flange that is machined dead flat, and precisely fitted to the port pattern. You can hear the difference in the plusher, healthier exhaust note.
Unlike the stock, failure-prone exhaust manifold, Banks TorqueTube is built of heavy, 409 stainless steel to weather a lifetime of heat, stress and abuse. The flange, welded to the tube assembly on both sides, will never crack or separate. The gasket is made of SMI 900, a material that stands up to super-hot temperatures.

Bolts right on. Optional head pipe available for the best flow.

2.5L 4-CYL
1991-02 WRANGLER: The Banks TorqueTubes assembly for the 2.5L Wrangler provides nearly identical engineering innovations and benefits as the TorqueTubes for the 4.0L 6-cylinder Jeeps: bulletproof construction precision fit of the dead-flat half-inch flange to the port pattern imperviousness of the flange to cracking and separating and the easy, bolt-on design. Includes an extra-thick gasket (not shown) that stands up to super-hot temperatures.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

dgasw
dgasw's Reviews

02-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They bolted up really nice. No warping. Good quality welds. No clearance issues.

Jeepball

Jeepball's Reviews

12-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice sound. Little hard to install from little engine knowledge but i did it. Lost a little power and gained some at different RPMs.

JFranko

JFranko's Reviews

12-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I replaced the stock ones with these and the sound really nice. I have had them on for 8000 miles and they are still holding up

Sungard
Sungard's Reviews

12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Nice crisp sound when starts
Cons: Will post if found any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I must say that the best mod I did so far. immediate gain in HP and airflow. goes well if install with Banks Head Pipe.

jeepin_98
jeepin_98's Reviews

11-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Price: $369.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This header has a very good sound to it, you can tell from the start that your motor is breathing easier, installation sucked *** but the outcome was well worth it.

grebva3

grebva3's Reviews

11-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the full package from the Air intake to the cat back system it was great and customer service was superb!

beachrusso

beachrusso's Reviews

09-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was on it when i got it but i see no issues and it looks good as well. I think it could use a better gasket

IrishRED

4-Banger Forever!
IrishRED's Reviews

08-28-2008, 03:45 AM
Recommended? No

Comments: does't seat well, seems to caseu problems with exhaust corroding. No real gains - not worth the money

FKemp3

FKemp3's Reviews

08-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: pretty nice, along with the Banks CAI, and cat back i've gained 3-5 mpg's. Love the added sound, and torque

Colorado Jeepin

Colorado Jeepin's Reviews

08-06-2008, 03:57 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had the header for about 8 months. It was a relatively easy install, bolted right up. I never had an issue of the infamous cracking, even though it doesn't have the flexy joints that others do.

StvDiego
StvDiego's Reviews

07-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Price: $240.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A huge difference in power, noiser, but the big problem continues to be cracking. overall very pleased with them, great customer service, but I had to exchange them after a year when they cracked.

h3lx
h3lx's Reviews

06-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Stupendous, fantastico, A+ product. Fuel economy, power, and a commanding growl all rolled into one. Should have been the first modification I made.

BrokerDon
BrokerDon's Reviews

05-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: GREAT addition to our Kenne Bell SUPERCHARGED 4.0 liter I-6. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to increase flow. Only problem was the exhaust pipe that comes off this Banks Torque Tube is so hot I had to add a foil insulator pad to the bottom of our Jeep floor to eliminate driver "Hot Foot"... No biggee, just not anticipated.

XJRookie

XJRookie's Reviews

05-03-2008, 02:06 AM
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Torque Tubes are a great exhaust manifold. I like them alot! The iinstall is relatively easy and straight forward, with all instructions, hardware and gaskets provided (you do re-use your oem mounting bolts/nuts)

bloggerrich
bloggerrich's Reviews

04-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Recently added the Banks Torque Tube Exhaust Manifold due to a cracked factory unit. It has functioned perfectly and improved the exhaust sound as well.

SavageFD9
SavageFD9's Reviews

04-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Price: $430.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: a bit pricy but no worries with contruction or getting them to seal. perfect fit

WillyB

Too much downtime
WillyB's Reviews

04-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Recommended? No

Comments: Has anyone else had a problem with cracking this thing? I do have an older version of it, but I can't say it lasted very long.

tractionhunter
tractionhunter's Reviews

04-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Price: $1.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: JBA

prlasher
prlasher's Reviews

04-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had a Gibson Header on my TJ and just wanted to try the Banks for something different. Works well and straight forward install. Quality product and noticeable performance gain.

parnell6622

parnell6622's Reviews

04-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love it

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last