Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Headers > Banks Torque Tubes Exhaust Manifold

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Banks Torque Tubes Exhaust Manifold Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Headers Next Product

Banks Torque Tubes Exhaust Manifold

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $397.07
Manufacturer: Banks
Recommended?
Yes: 66 / No: 11

4.0L 6-CYL:
1991-05 WRANGLER, 1991-01 CHEROKEE, '93-01 GRAND CHEROKEE, 1991-92 COMMANCHE: Banks TorqueTubes is a streamlined exhaust manifold designed to optimize exhaust flow and engine efficiency. Because the stock manifold's flange does not align squarely with the ports, flow is restricted. TorqueTube corrects the problem with a half-inch flange that is machined dead flat, and precisely fitted to the port pattern. You can hear the difference in the plusher, healthier exhaust note.
Unlike the stock, failure-prone exhaust manifold, Banks TorqueTube is built of heavy, 409 stainless steel to weather a lifetime of heat, stress and abuse. The flange, welded to the tube assembly on both sides, will never crack or separate. The gasket is made of SMI 900, a material that stands up to super-hot temperatures.

Bolts right on. Optional head pipe available for the best flow.

2.5L 4-CYL
1991-02 WRANGLER: The Banks TorqueTubes assembly for the 2.5L Wrangler provides nearly identical engineering innovations and benefits as the TorqueTubes for the 4.0L 6-cylinder Jeeps: bulletproof construction precision fit of the dead-flat half-inch flange to the port pattern imperviousness of the flange to cracking and separating and the easy, bolt-on design. Includes an extra-thick gasket (not shown) that stands up to super-hot temperatures.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

SCRWBAL
SCRWBAL's Reviews

05-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Price: $475.00
Pros: Performance Bump
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed the Banks Cold Air Intake about 4 months ago. I saw a slight improvement in MPG but needed to improve throttle response, so this week I installed the Banks Torque Tubes and Banks Monster exhaust. Installation time was roughly 4 hours with a bit of knuckle busting, about what I expected. The exhaust note is noticeably deeper and sounds good going up through the RPM's. Using my "seat of the pants" Dyno testing, the HP and torque are noticeably better especially on acceleration and I'm downshifting less often on inclines. Next I intend to get the Autominder Programmer to be able to adjust the performance for off-road or highway requirements

DeathDealer11
DeathDealer11's Reviews

05-05-2014, 01:01 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Don't know
Cons: Gale banks has terrible customer service
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love there products but I have to beat up there customer service
A little http://www.bankspower.com, I ordered the torque tubes and they cost $450 and when I decided I didn't want them and sent them back I was hit with a 30% restocking fee ($130) for putting a product back in there inventory and they wouldn't waive the fee and the customer service was rude and hung up on me several times when I tried to work something out with them. Stick with quadratec, cant go wrong with there customer support. I know this isn't the appropriate place for this but it's a warno for anyone who plans to purchase these headers because they do cost a good deal of money and to be hit with a $130 fee isn't fair and want would be buyers to avoid the problem I faced when ordering manufacturer direct.

Trickydickie
Trickydickie's Reviews
12-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Awesome sound and good performance.
Cons: Somewhat pricey.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installing the header was fairly easy and it came with all the hardware you need (providing you don't break any bolts). It took me about 3 or 4 hours to install. The sound i got is outstanding and i did notice a power difference.

Spud100
Spud100's Reviews

08-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Price: $375.00
Pros: Heavy, tough, built like a tank
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had an exhaust leak so I decided to upgrade. Wow what an improvement in power delivery in my 4-cylinder. Coupled with a cold air intake and a larger throttle body, the engine breathes so much better. Not so much about the increased hp, but the delivery is very much smoother and pulls stronger. Even though it bolts straight up to the stock down pipe, I paid to have it installed which was $400. Not exactly a cheap mod with the cost of the header, but well worth it.

bbusch

bbusch's Reviews
02-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: It's not Mopar
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had to replace the POS stock manifold so out goes five hundred bones plus intall cost from my wallet for a Banks Header.

Xjmobbinncw
Xjmobbinncw's Reviews

01-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Sounds a little better
Cons: Tube broke and banks wont honor life time warrenty
Recommended? No

Comments: I had this header on my xj with a flow master was loud by any means but sound a little louder than stock as for performance i didnt notice any difference. I bought the jeep with the header on it and was given proof of a life time warrenty but banks will not honor it and now i have the stock manifold on it and it honestly sounds the maybe a little quieter. There is no change in throttle response or anything. From looking at the two you might get a little more free flowing but other than that nothing special for the money you pay. Due to the fact that banks wont honor the warrenty i cant tell any one to go blow an extra 300 bucks over there stock manifold for a little more sound.

awill110
awill110's Reviews
09-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Price: $411.00
Pros: great throttle response, big improvement over stock, excellent quality
Cons: difficult to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this as a replacement for my stock manifold and it was a huge improvement! The welds are of the highest quality and it is very solidly built. The one knock against this product is that it was a beast to install. Because of the design, it is very difficult to get it bolted to the engine. The tubes get in the way and I had to rig an extra long wrench to slowly tighten the bolts.

CoolRobYo
CoolRobYo's Reviews
08-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: bolted right up
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 2.5L
Bolted right up.
Seem like less power off the line, but tachs out quicker at high RPM. Not sure if that is the header or Banks Cat Back...

501STormtrooper
501STormtrooper's Reviews
05-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Pros: Looks great, feels great
Cons: The finish doesn't match the pictures used to sell the product.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A bit pricy, but I love it.

survivor

survivor's Reviews
03-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Pros: more torque and little HP
Cons: hefty price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Comes with everything what i need to install!! poor gaskets. I went and bought fel pro gasket. Little fishy flange gasket between down pipe to header.

rubicon1983
rubicon1983's Reviews
02-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Pros: wicked all i can say big diff in hp and tourqe
Cons: no cons
Recommended? Yes

Comments: exellent product wicke hp gain and tourqe

Steel4Pens

Steel4Pens's Reviews
02-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Pros: Quality Name Brand
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these headers. They sound great and the quality is amazing. I know they will last a life time. The install was a little hard, but was well worth it. I have these installed along with the Banks Intake and Monster exhaust system. I get comments on my Jeep all the time on how it sounds.

grocerw
grocerw's Reviews
01-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Pros: headers fit on head nicely and bolted up easily, mated perfectly to cat back system all ready installed
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: installed baks stubby header onto a stroker engine, easy fit easy bolt up, sounded great no leaks and no cracks, mated up perfectly to cat back exhaust system all ready on tub

grininmonkey
grininmonkey's Reviews
12-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Works good
Cons: None really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was on the Jeep when I bought it

RedXJ119
RedXJ119's Reviews
10-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: !!!!
Cons: NONE!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i dont hace banks but they didnt have pacesetter listed.

letitloose06

letitloose06's Reviews

04-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Price: $425.00
Pros: I've gotten really good at changing out exhaust manifolds.
Cons: Cracks just like the factory manifold.
Recommended? No

Comments: I've purchased my first Banks header in August 2007. I am now about to get the header replaced again. I've had 3 headers crack in 3.5 years. Banks said that they supposedly have changed the design, but we will see if hold up better. Based on the last 3 headers, I doubt that it will happen.

Do yourself a favor and just buy a factory replacement. You'll save $300 bucks, and it won't crack.

2Point5
2Point5's Reviews
04-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Price: $380.00
Pros: It's banks, and it's not a cracked stock piece
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Read the supplied instructions first, even if you've put one on before..

HawksJeep46
HawksJeep46's Reviews

03-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Price: $399.00
Pros: added power.
Cons: hard to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm not a mechanic so I took it to the shop. He said it was the hardest header he had ever installed! Oh well.. wasnt me! I could tell a difference in throttle response.

kenrod02
kenrod02's Reviews
03-16-2011, 03:14 AM
Pros: So far so good seems well made
Cons: Talk about a bitch to install. I guess if I had the arms of a little girl I might be able to reach all the bolts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed 2 weeks ago. I haven't driven enough miles to really tell you how it works. I can tell you the instructions make it sound easy and it is a pain.

ericrj80
ericrj80's Reviews
03-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Don't know
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Felt alittle difference but not much..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last