Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Headers > Automotive Parts Network APN 4.0L headers

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Automotive Parts Network APN 4.0L headers Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Headers Next Product

Automotive Parts Network APN 4.0L headers

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

Average Price: $167.58
Manufacturer: Automotive Parts Network
Recommended?
Yes: 15 / No: 3

Great replacement headers, 129$. Easy to put on with instructions. Changed the exhaust note for the better too, dropped the chaotic high pitch at high RPM shift. Really smoothed out the tone threw all RPMs.
http://www.automotivepartsnetwork.co...dProduct=20009

http://www.ineedparts.com/auto-parts...-manifold.html

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

torkman
torkman's Reviews
05-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Added some bottom end torque.
Cons: Had to make them myself. Also had to notch out and plate the passenger side frame to get them to fit and for clearance issues.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I wasn't going to pay what everyone out there that had them, which was very few so that's why I made them myself.

muttly
muttly's Reviews
04-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Price: $180.00
Pros: good price
Cons: had to do some minor fitting
Recommended? Yes

Comments: overall a good product for the price

Cobra Jeep
Cobra Jeep's Reviews

01-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Price: $179.85
Pros: Cheap, looked ok at first inspection
Cons: Cheap, ports did not line up with gasket and head, had to hammer/dent the # 6 tube to clear the intake. Cracked after 6 months
Recommended? No

Comments: Bought this from amazon to replace my cracked factory manifold. I had rewelded it and it lasted another 10 years before it cracked again. I bought this one thinking it looked like a decent replacement. Once I got it, I set a new fel-pro gasket up to it and all but two of the ports did not line up. Most were off by 1/8in or more! Other than that, it looked ok. I took a die grinder and fixed the ports best I could. I didnt have enought time to return it for another as I had the jeep torn down already. I installed it and had to hammer the #6 tube to clear the intake. Cheap POS!
Here I am, probably 6-8 months after installing it and it has cracked! Also, this so called "stainless steel" started rusting after about a month.

STAY AWAY!

rvsguitar1
rvsguitar1's Reviews
11-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: MOME
Cons: CRACKED after 1.5 years of use
Recommended? No

Comments: Cracked after 1.5 years of use!

Gcallaway
Gcallaway's Reviews
08-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Price: $180.00
Pros: slight power gain, good exhaust note
Cons: Had to do some grinding to fit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Welds cracked after 6000 miles, Rock Auto made good with no hassell, but had to pay $33 return shipping we'll see if the 2nd one holds up better. I have good engine and trans. mounts, exhaust not in a bind and was mildly offroaded, looked liked sorry Chinese welds to blame.

95_xj_country
95_xj_country's Reviews
02-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Price: $129.00
Pros: good for price. better then stock. little more power too
Cons: nothing really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: was easy to put on, bolted right on. i got a little more power too

mbardeen
mbardeen's Reviews
09-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Drop in installation. Bolted right up with no problems
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was my first major header install. It came with the gasket and hardware. It took my an afternoon to install, and everything bolted right up with no modifications. The welds look hefty and unlikely to crack.

The sound around 2500-3000 RPMs is intoxicating. I had hoped my gas mileage would get better, but I doubt it will -- the sound makes me want to step on the skinny pedal.

Can't say if there's many more ponies there, since my old manifold suffered from the 4.0 crack..

klrstew

klrstew's Reviews

07-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Price: $165.00
Pros: Cheap, Great quality and came with a gasket
Cons: None to speak of
Recommended? No

Comments: After reading a bunch of reviews and searching the web I finally decided on this one. I had the money for one of the Bigger named brand ones, but went with this. I couldn't be more happier. It was a decent install, had a little difficulty getting it into place (just like any header), but once I found the sweet spot popped right in. And, with the money I saved i got all new pipe front to rear and a new Thrusher muffler to boot.

manicjester3

manicjester3's Reviews
05-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Cheap, 321 Stainless, lifetime warranty
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cheap header, solved my cracked header issue, lifetime warranty, fast shipping.

thebeast64
thebeast64's Reviews
04-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Price: $149.99
Pros: Sounds amazing, increased throttle response and more torque.
Cons: Hard to install. LOTS of grinding involved.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had the infamous cracked manifold problem associated with the 4.0 so I finally pulled the trigger and bought the APN header. It came very quickly and had all of the parts in the box. I took my time labeling everything during the tear down so that everything would go together smoothly. And it did, all except for the intake manifold, which I had to grind around 1/8th of an inch off of the outside of each port in order to get the thing to fit. Oh and DEFINITELY do step 2, even if you feel like you can fit the bolts in after the intake is on....you can't.

T4STE
T4STE's Reviews
01-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: price is great. comes with gasket
Cons: some grinding off the intake manifold on some vehicles
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great replacement over stock manifold. some may notice some gains in the ponies

wvpv
wvpv's Reviews
12-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: works well, cheap, sounds cool
Cons: Need to modify intake manifold to make it fit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this on my jeep shortly after buying it. Replaced cracked stock manifold. In order to make it fit I had to grind a hole between #4 and #5 tubes on my intake manifold, also had to grind outside tabs a tiny bit. This header sounds awesome. I can't really compare it to a stock manifold performance wise as my factory one was cracked. If this on breaks I will try the ebay manifold with the expansion tubing.

muttyranks
muttyranks's Reviews
11-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Price: $139.99
Pros: can't beat the price and well made
Cons: bitch to put on...have the grinder handy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great replacement for the cracked exhaust manifold. not bad to put on, but needed to grind part of the intake manifold for these to fit on my 99 xj.
sounds great with the hi-flow cat and flo-pro exhaust.

mojog
mojog's Reviews
10-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: cheap
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome, no more spiff spiff noise from under the hood!

T4STE
T4STE's Reviews
05-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: better design, stronger metal, GREAT PRICE
Cons: cant get to my door quick enough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: awesome product for a great price. if you still have the stock manifold, then replace with this immediately

ElGuapoBond
ElGuapoBond's Reviews
12-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Repairable with expansion joints and stainless...
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is your generic stainless exhaust manifold with expansion joints commonly found on EBAY for a reasonable price and included new gasket and exhaust donut.

DeansWings

DeansWings's Reviews
08-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Sounds real mean. Mildly sharper throttle sponse which a big boost on high end performance
Cons: Pain in the rear to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm not sure if this header is the one I got, as I got them off ebay. Mine is 1 5/8" stainless steel. The high end performance increase and sound were very obvious. Definitely a good investment, especially since the stock exhaust manifolds are notorious for cracking

fourhiandfly
fourhiandfly's Reviews

07-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Automotive Parts Network APN 4.0L headers
Pros: Cheap, looks like Banks reject
Cons: Tight fit, fat ears, tough to get to one stud
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this in April, so far so good! Nice sound Great price! No fabrication needed (by my chinny chin chin). Ears are large and barely mated with intake.
I am very happy so far!!!