Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Chips > Edge Jeep Trailjammer - 1997-2002 Wrangler Module, Throttle Body with Intake

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Edge Jeep Trailjammer - 1997-2002 Wrangler Module, Throttle Body with Intake Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Chips Next Product

Edge Jeep Trailjammer - 1997-2002 Wrangler Module, Throttle Body with Intake

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $850.00
Average Price: $510.36
Manufacturer: Edge
Recommended?
Yes: 13 / No: 2

The Edge Trail Jammer performance kit delivers the ideal air/fuel enhancements for your 4.0L Wrangler, Rubicon or Cherokee. The Trail Jammer dramatically improves the power and throttle response of your Jeep both on and off the road. The kit includes an electronic module to performance tune your engine, a machined throttle body to improve driveability and a cold air intake system to maximize air flow. Feel the difference 20% more HP can make on your Jeep -- almost a two second improvement in your 0-60 times! Best of all, the entire kit bolts on in less than an hour.

KEY FEATURES
Adds up to 20% more HP*
Excellent Throttle Response
Better Acceleration
Improved On and Off-Road Driveability
Increased Air Flow**
Power to Roam that Bolts on in Less than an Hour

*Power gains based on complete Trail Jammer performance kit including electronic module, throttle body and cold air intake.

**Provides increased air flow with Trail Jammer cold air intake system installed.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

kschmalz
kschmalz's Reviews
07-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: i love it.
Cons: it was on when i bought it and havent hasd any trouble out of it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it was on it when i bought it but looks very easy to install. it does a great job of keeping the mud off the air filter

performancejeep
performancejeep's Reviews

05-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Price: $479.00
Pros: AWESOME Power increase!!!! Easy to install
Cons: nada
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the Trail Jammer with 62mm throttle body and used my previously aquired Rugged Ridge Cold Air Intake with it. It was a no brainer to install and made a very, very noticeable power increase!! Mileage also recieved an increase depending on how much fun I was having with it. Awsesome product!

tbone429
tbone429's Reviews
01-02-2012, 01:44 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: better throttle responce
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The kit was very easy to install and made a big difference with my 5th gear 3.07 axle ratio issues. I saw a noticeable drop in RPM's and a small increase in gas mileage.

GunnerT23
GunnerT23's Reviews
01-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: 20% more horse Power, better fuel econ
Cons: makes it easier to put your foot into it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed in 5 minuets and makes the 4.0 very Peppy!

xplodn
xplodn's Reviews

12-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Throttle response is incresed, more top end power when on highway
Cons: No filter sock... a MUST for offroad vehicles
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall been good, Installed easy especially for a skilled mechanic.

I do have a whistle but it is going to happen with any cool air intake system, jsut part of the deal. I do wish it had a filter sock, thats really a must for the dust we see here. Couldnt pass it up for $150.00 for a 6 month old system.

gbean120
gbean120's Reviews

01-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Maybe some more power, at least it sounds cool
Cons: too much money for too little power
Recommended? No

Comments: The stock intake is not a bad one. I see no real additional power. There was some seat of the pants feel, but not worth 600 bucks. Its okay...I guess. I got it regeared later and thats where I saw power. Save your money and regear if you want your power back. Its sooooo important to operate in your power band.

jabsTJ
jabsTJ's Reviews

12-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the entire edge trail jammer kit with cold air intake and it definitley gives my TJ an extra punch above 2k rpms.

gakio12
gakio12's Reviews

12-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Pros: Throttle body gives a lot of power
Cons: The module provided didn't work well
Recommended? No

Comments: I love the throttle body included with this, but the module seemed to do nothing. I got more power without it and just the CAI and the larger throttle body. Would recommend just getting the larger throttle body.

IdahoTJ
IdahoTJ's Reviews

10-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great mod, no problem with whistling like everyone else has talked about. Quite a difference!

dolphin88
dolphin88's Reviews

06-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Price: $850.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great power upgrade with added torque, Rock crawled on the Fordyce at places in third gear and was amazed at the the idle throttle response

Twitchy

Twitchy's Reviews

06-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Price: $615.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: huge difference thus far, barely hear the supposed whistling. Would recommend this product to anyone especially for ease of install

dieselwfd
dieselwfd's Reviews

05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have an edge extreme computer upgrade. bigger throttle body and intake with a k&n air filter.seems to have given engine a little more zip. only downside is the annoying whistle when accelerating.

hartescout
hartescout's Reviews

04-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Price: $620.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Big increase in low end power and throttle response. I'm having problems with it dying on me after rev or it will bog out at high rpm's. I know my tps is bad so I think when I replace it that will fix all. Over all though it's an awesome product.

JeepinJP
JeepinJP's Reviews

04-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Pros: Easy install, Big Performance noticed.
Cons: None!! Well if i was to request something: Throw in a filter cover! NOW COMPLETE!!!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed Edge product with the exhaust at the same time, so it's hard to tell just how much power is gained by installing just this system! All I know is that my 97 TJ came to life after these mods. Unbelievable power response and power. On the highway it just moves. No need for downshifting anymore. 5th Gear right over the crest! My mechanic tells me there is no way i have a better MPG. Your using more gas he tells me. Well my odometer tells me something else. At least added 10-15 miles on a tank of gas!

This product should get an Award. Air intake, filter, throttle body and chip for under $900. It's a no BRAINER!!!!!!

barry1me

barry1me's Reviews

04-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Pros: Best bang for your buck
Cons: that they didnt come out with this sooner
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its in the mail full write up is yet to come......do some research online and you will see people are making 10-25HP at the wheels. Pretty good if you ask me.

Update: Installed the kit tonight. Took me less then an hour from start to finish to install. Write up and pictures for installation

I have to say this is deffinatly worth the money. Throttle response was improved greatly as well as more power through the entire RPM range.