11K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Kettles 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $28500
Rating 4
Average Price $3282
Manufacturer Rustys Offroad
Recommended Yes: 10 / No: 2

Rusty's exhaust system features Flowmaster Delta Flow Mufflers. The Rusty's mandrel bent 2.5 inch tail pipe keeps the exhaust flowing for maximum horse power, improved fuel economy and a performance tone.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $150
Rating 4
Pros Mandrel bent 2.5" piping, ease of install, flowmaster muffler
Cons Came with a turn down at the end of the tailpipe
Recommended yes

Comments: All and all a good product at a good price. Nice bolt-on application. Like that it came with your choice of 40 or 50 series flowmaster muffler. Although when i bought mine they only offered the 50 series which was to quite for my taste. I dont like the turn down on the the exhaust, makes it quieter. Is an easy fix. Just cut off the tip of the turn down and bolt on a nice stainless steel exhaust tip found at any auto store. Very pleased

#3 ·
Rating 4
Pros It sounds nice and deep with the 40 series
Cons hangers on the tail pipe are a little off
Recommended yes

Comments: I love the sound of the FM 40...I get people asking me all the time what kind of engine I have in the jeep. It makes the jeep sound real deep and sounds nice when you give it some gas.

#4 ·
Rating 2
Pros Easy install, all pieces needed included
Cons Product Warranty
Recommended no

Comments: I've had the Delta Flow 50 for 18 months and have to replace it due to a vibrating baffle. Flowmaster only offered a discount not a replacement. I can get a Dynomax for less than the discount which has a lifetime warranty. Any good manufacturer would have stood behind their product since it is an obvious defect.

#5 ·
Rating 4
Pros Sounds good, easy to get on.... until i go to put the exhaust clamps on.
Cons Exhaust clamps didnt fit, hate the bend pipe at the end, pic is decieving.
Recommended yes

Comments: Only one of the exhaust clamps fit, which was between then muffler and the cat. I had to go and buy 2x2.5" clamps, then had a leak so i just welded it. I only didnt like the bent pipe, id much rather have a straight pipe; which is what i did. I love it not, good sound, not too loud, not too soft.

#10 ·
Price $100
Pros great flow, good sound
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: I purchased Rusty's mandrel bent 2.5 inch muffler back exhaust piping with a 2.5" magnaflow cat and muffler upstream. Sounds great, fantastic burble on when downshifting. Louder then desired even with the longest 2.5" Magnaflow muffler available.

#11 ·
Price $227
Rating 5
Pros All items needed to install
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: I purchased the Rusty's 2.5" cat-back with the FM 40 series, was worried it would be too loud by other reviews I have found online. It is a nice deep tone, and doesn't even bother my wife when she is sleeping when I leave home for work @ 0300.. The kit came with 2-2.5" clamps and 2-2.375" clamps... I made use of all four of them when I installed. I had no issues with the install once my old exhaust was off. Will be purchasing the same kit for my upcoming purchase of another XJ as well..

#13 ·
Price $150
Pros Cheap?
Cons Really bad fit-up
Recommended no

Comments: While it does what it is supposed to, it was a terrible fit up. The tail pipe and muffler ended up being about 4" shorter than needed, and I had to get some more tubing to make it work, and the bends weren't perfect either. The Cherry Bomb Pro muffler I do like, sounds good, no drone, not loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.