Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Exhaust > Rustys Offroad Exhaust system XJ Cherokee

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Rustys Offroad Exhaust system XJ Cherokee Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exhaust Next Product

Rustys Offroad Exhaust system XJ Cherokee

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $28,500.00
Average Price: $3,282.00
Manufacturer: Rustys Offroad
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 2

Rusty’s exhaust system features Flowmaster Delta Flow Mufflers. The Rusty’s mandrel bent 2.5 inch tail pipe keeps the exhaust flowing for maximum horse power, improved fuel economy and a performance tone.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Kettles

Kettles's Reviews
05-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Cheap?
Cons: Really bad fit-up
Recommended? No

Comments: While it does what it is supposed to, it was a terrible fit up. The tail pipe and muffler ended up being about 4" shorter than needed, and I had to get some more tubing to make it work, and the bends weren't perfect either. The Cherry Bomb Pro muffler I do like, sounds good, no drone, not loud.

doubleOHxj

doubleOHxj's Reviews
02-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Sounds good, flows great
Cons: A little loud for my taste.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fairly easy install. Kind of a pain if you have a down stream o2 sensor. Looking forward to the mileage increase!

bluedragon436
bluedragon436's Reviews

11-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Price: $227.00
Pros: All items needed to install
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the Rusty's 2.5" cat-back with the FM 40 series, was worried it would be too loud by other reviews I have found online. It is a nice deep tone, and doesn't even bother my wife when she is sleeping when I leave home for work @ 0300.. The kit came with 2-2.5" clamps and 2-2.375" clamps... I made use of all four of them when I installed. I had no issues with the install once my old exhaust was off. Will be purchasing the same kit for my upcoming purchase of another XJ as well..

mbood82

mbood82's Reviews
09-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: great flow, good sound
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased Rusty's mandrel bent 2.5 inch muffler back exhaust piping with a 2.5" magnaflow cat and muffler upstream. Sounds great, fantastic burble on when downshifting. Louder then desired even with the longest 2.5" Magnaflow muffler available.

jeepsteralley
jeepsteralley's Reviews

10-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Price: $28,500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great fit and sound it was no sweat putting it in. the price was great. it was a whole kit

Keith

Admin
Keith's Reviews

04-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Price: $1.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: test1

misiek
misiek's Reviews

03-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Price: $120.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got the cherrybomb from rusty's -- sounds really mean, turns heads ripping from the stop light

tntempest
tntempest's Reviews

02-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Price: $170.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the super 40 system, takes about 5 minutes to install. Sounds amazing at idle, not too loud. Take your time lining up the pipes and 2 of the 4 clamps are smaller.

Bodybuilder21
Bodybuilder21's Reviews

07-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Pros: Sounds good, easy to get on.... until i go to put the exhaust clamps on.
Cons: Exhaust clamps didnt fit, hate the bend pipe at the end, pic is decieving.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only one of the exhaust clamps fit, which was between then muffler and the cat. I had to go and buy 2x2.5" clamps, then had a leak so i just welded it. I only didnt like the bent pipe, id much rather have a straight pipe; which is what i did. I love it not, good sound, not too loud, not too soft.

oldno7
oldno7's Reviews

09-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Pros: Easy install, all pieces needed included
Cons: Product Warranty
Recommended? No

Comments: I've had the Delta Flow 50 for 18 months and have to replace it due to a vibrating baffle. Flowmaster only offered a discount not a replacement. I can get a Dynomax for less than the discount which has a lifetime warranty. Any good manufacturer would have stood behind their product since it is an obvious defect.

andrew2516
andrew2516's Reviews

09-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Pros: It sounds nice and deep with the 40 series
Cons: hangers on the tail pipe are a little off
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the sound of the FM 40...I get people asking me all the time what kind of engine I have in the jeep. It makes the jeep sound real deep and sounds nice when you give it some gas.

USA_PRIDE
USA_PRIDE's Reviews

08-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Mandrel bent 2.5" piping, ease of install, flowmaster muffler
Cons: Came with a turn down at the end of the tailpipe
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All and all a good product at a good price. Nice bolt-on application. Like that it came with your choice of 40 or 50 series flowmaster muffler. Although when i bought mine they only offered the 50 series which was to quite for my taste. I dont like the turn down on the the exhaust, makes it quieter. Is an easy fix. Just cut off the tip of the turn down and bolt on a nice stainless steel exhaust tip found at any auto store. Very pleased