Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Exhaust > Flowmaster Super 44

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Flowmaster Super 44 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exhaust Next Product

Flowmaster Super 44

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $160.00
Average Price: $497.46
Manufacturer: Flowmaster
Recommended?
Yes: 34 / No: 1

The Super 44™ is the most aggressive, deepest sounding street and strip muffler Flowmaster has ever made! The Super 44's Maximum performance and Improved flow path will generate more torque and more power than ever before! If you want to really hear your exhaust system inside as well as outside your vehicle the Super 44™ is for you.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

camera-man
camera-man's Reviews
03-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Price: $13,900.00
Pros: it puts out a nice low rumble but yet allows you to be comfortable with the sound.
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this product is very nice for all applications. it makes a low rumble but yet keeps it quiet enough for daily driving without being irratated.

rlcii77
rlcii77's Reviews
03-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Great sound, good price ($100 installed), could tell the added torque/HP as soon as I left the muffler shop.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am very impressed with the sound & added HP/torque my ZJ gained from this exhaust. Matched with a high-flow catalytic converter, you can really notice a huge difference in power. As I left the muffler shop, I had to get on it & when I did, my ZJ squawked the tires(all four) when it hit second gear. I love the deep rumble this exhaust creates without the "crackle, crackle" when I let up on the throttle. I've had many compliments on it, people say that it doesn't sound like a "regular" Jeep. I've even had people say that it sounds like a Corvette. Great muffler that really helps my 318. You will not be disappointed in this purchase.

robob280
robob280's Reviews
02-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Deep rich sound, even on a four cylinder. Sounds great interior, little riceresque outside the Jeep, best sound I've heard so far though
Cons: Comes painted but it burns off
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall an excellent muffler, recommended by a friend. Glad I went with it but I think I would upgrade further to the upgraded Super 44

Spotsy03tj
Spotsy03tj's Reviews

09-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Pros: Cheap sounds good
Cons: sounds wierd when cruising at 1800rpm
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Makes my I-6 4.0 sound alot more aggresive people tell me all the time how my jeep sounds really good compared to others they have heard. picked mine up at autozone and had it welded on same day. Lost mpg but i think its because i like hearing it rumble haha.

Brian891
Brian891's Reviews
09-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Great Muffler, Sounds Sexxxy
Cons: None come to mind :P
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sounds SWEEEEEEEEEEET on my V8...only fell off once and that was because the clamps they give you with it are garbage...nothing a little MIG weld cant change ;]

DanTreE
DanTreE's Reviews
05-02-2010, 06:13 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Great Sound
Cons: not as loud as the original 40 on a 4.0
Recommended? Yes

Comments: When I went to get it installed some old gto passed by roaring and I kinda laughed to myself but I noticed the guy getting his wheel changed was looking at me looking at that car laughing. "I bet you my Jeep sounds EXACTLY like that" "No way". Jeep comes down on lift. Guy fires it up..

VRROOOOOOOOMMM ROOOMRMMRMMMRMMMMRRMM

The guys draw dropped and I giggled like a little girl.

I prefer the Original 40 but went with this on a gut feeling. I dont regret it but I miss my original!

metalmeister
metalmeister's Reviews
10-29-2009, 02:18 AM
Price: $70.00
Pros: Sounds throaty without being obnoxiously loud.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you want a nice growl without getting too much attention, this muffler does the job.

veddersbetter
veddersbetter's Reviews

07-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Sounds good....reasonable price
Cons: Does NOT last.
Recommended? No

Comments: I want to just say Ive had a lot of experience with flowmaster products. Ive had it on one Mustang 5.0 ...an LT1 Z28 and an LS1 Z28...now my poor Wrangler was subjected to Flowmaster from the previous owner. I only installed it on one of those myself....and once was enough.
Flowmaster looks great and sounds really good (especially on 5.0 Mustangs) but unless the exhaust was on a garage queen ...its going to last about 1 Midwest winter. Durablity is horrible with this exhaust. It literally just falls apart inside and out...sometimes I think its made of tin.
I dont want to see anyone waste thier hard earned money on this crap unless your just replacing a muffler(they take a beating) and using it only in areas where theres no road salt....I cant comment on durability in other areas.
I dont know how long this muffler has been on my 98 TJ but it looks like its been there since 1902. Ill post a picture for anyone interested when I replace this pile of garbage. Spent the extra money and get something stainless if you can afford it...you wont regret it.

phillyeaglekgd
phillyeaglekgd's Reviews
06-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Price: $65.00
Pros: Sounds MEAN - Very deep and smooth tone
Cons: Borderline too loud - makes the MDS kick-in much more noticeable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this muffler from Ebay and had a local shop cut my old stuff off and install a new custom 3" cat-back. The sound is AMAZING! I have had Flowmaster products before and to be honest, I was not very impressed - particularly with the sound. This one, however, is different. The sound is very deep and smooth and really lets the Hemi shine! As for mileage, it seems to have added a bit, but I have not had it on long enough to tell. Power-wise, it definately adds to the "punch" factor when you stomp on the gas. I would not say the power difference is astonishing, but you will notice it for sure. I would absolutely recommend this product and I would strongly suggest buying from Ebay as I was able to get a $100 item for $65 bucks.

maaghimself
maaghimself's Reviews

04-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Flowmaster Super 44
Pros: Great price, beautiful deep sound
Cons: Some what of a drone
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this after my old driveshaft mangled my OEM one. Great tone. Deep and throaty without being extremely loud and obnoxious.

At cruise speeds, it gives off a deep rumble that turns heads. I love it.

RedlineRyan
RedlineRyan's Reviews

03-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Flowmaster Super 44
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this muffler sounds superb
deep rumble that really gets the blood pumping

RogerG

RogerG's Reviews

03-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Flowmaster Super 44
Price: $160.00
Pros: Aggresive deep sound
Cons: Burn smell due to factory muffler paint
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just had to replace the FM 50 Delta i had on.This was the loudest FM makes and i wanted the Jeep to be louder and so far im not dissapointed.

When i drove off the muffler shop i noticed that it almost sounded the same as my previous muffler.But we all know that it just needed some break in period and after one week it gradually came to life.

You can really hear this inside with the hard top on and around 2000 RPM it rumbles.The super 44 comes painted in black and for the first week a strong burnt odor is noticable.

Overall this is a great sounding muffler for a JK or any 6 cyl. that want to sound aggresive

XJKyle1389
XJKyle1389's Reviews

02-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Flowmaster Super 44
Price: $1.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: And 2 1/2Inch exhaust from muffler back...Sound is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!

HankyDanky

HankyDanky's Reviews

10-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Flowmaster Super 44
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very mean sounding exhuast, love it!.

75 Char.

1996BlackXJ

1996BlackXJ's Reviews

08-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Flowmaster Super 44
Price: $120.00
Pros: Loud Throaty Good Sound
Cons: Some Drone
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like this muffler because it is one of the cheaper flowmasters available but also is the loudest. The deeper tone gives my I-6 a nice sound but it does drone some at in-town speeds. All in all I love it

EDIT:
When it breaks in completely it sounds better. I have had it for 6-ish months now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2