11K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  BadJohnny 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Product Information
Price $175
Rating 5
Average Price $124.99
Manufacturer Flowmaster
Recommended Yes: 8 / No: 0

great muffler good sound and its real small around and tucks up tgth and out off the way and is strong enough to take some good hits

Flowmaster has incorporated the dBX Series, HP-2, and PRO Series into its product line. Formerly known as Hushpower products.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $175
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: great muffler good sound and its real small around and tucks up tigth and out off the way and is strong enough to take some good hits

#4 ·
Price $175
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: This muffler is the perfect fit for a long-arm jeep. It's narrow enough to tuck up close to the bed pan and short enough not to get in the way of the rear upper control arm when flexing.
The sound is not loud but sounds a little throaty when your foot is in the floor.

#6 ·
Price $100
Rating 5
Pros Small, pulls a lot of heat away, and sounds great.
Cons None to write about so far.
Recommended yes

Comments: I have mine on my 99 4.0 XJ. 135,000 on it right now (6/24/10). Jeep sounds great, and isn't too loud inside the truck on the highway. Great price too.

#8 ·
Price $160
Pros 304 stainless. Great sound. Compact.
Cons Not a direct replacement on a TJ
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought this muffler for its compact design because I wanted to upgrade my exhaust header and replace my catalytic converter which had a hole in it. The combo (not stock) limited my available space. I had to replace my Banks Monster cat-back beacuse it would no longer fit. Replaced it with the HushPower and a custom stainless exhaust. I was surprised to find that not only did the HushPower fit perfectly in my limited space but is sounds as good or better than the Banks. I love it!

#9 ·
Price $100
Pros Small; Stout; Nice low sound not too loud
Cons Not a direct fit or kit
Recommended yes

Comments: Bought this to replace my stock muffler which was cracked along the lower front face seam and leaking. It's really small and built like a brick. I have it welded in now and it tucks up nicely under the Jeep.
Flowmaster changed the name on these to dBX. They are a bit louder at start up but not bad. Seem same as stock when driving or going on trails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.