8K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  Ian5165 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $180
Rating 4
Average Price $91.25
Manufacturer Flowmaster
Recommended Yes: 24 / No: 0

Offers the same sound outside as the Super 40, but reduced interior noise.

#3 ·
Price $100
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: What do I really have to say , its a Flowmaster . Instant torque and horsepower , and that was just when I set the box in the front seat before the install !!

#6 ·
Price $69.99
Pros Good old Flowmaster!
Cons It's a Flowmaster
Recommended yes

Comments: Sounds nice without to much drone inside. The Delta 40 doesn't resonate as much as the 40 Series. Flowmasters are cheap and if you have a welder, why pay someone else.

#8 ·
Price $1
Pros Nice sound
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Love the sound. Really love to downshift and engine brake downhill, sounds great. I don't know if I get better performance and don't really care. My son thinks I'm cool!

I don't remember the price but it wasn't bad. Maybe 120-150 installed.

#11 ·
Price $50
Pros Sounds good
Cons The PO put a pipe that was to big to fin in between the skid plate and the body so it rubs the skid plate at low RPMs
Recommended yes

Comments: The PO put a pipe that was to big to fin in between the skid plate and the body so it rubs the skidplate at low RPMs. but sounds great for a 4banger

#16 ·
Price $300
Pros Increased mpgs and performance. Much better sound than stock.
Cons None.
Recommended yes

Comments: I have the Rusty's TJ Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 cat back exhaust and it is one of the best things I did to increase the performance of the 4.0. It fit perfectly and after 5 years of use in Chicago's nasty, salty winters, is almost as good as new. No joke. Rusty's puts out a quality exhaust system that will outlast what you could have bent up at a muffler shop.

#17 ·
Price $80
Pros Loud, beefy sound
Cons Drone at certian rpms
Recommended yes

Comments: Stock muffler rusted through a couple years ago so I started shopping around and realized you could get a flowmaster for a better price than a oem. So found one for $80 instead of their usual $100 or so. Had to get a little piece of 2.25" extender because the flowmaster is shorter than stock. Sounds good, plently loud, gives it a decent low rumbling sound. A little obnoxious at certian rpms as the cabin can get pretty loud but it doesn't happen to me at highway speeds so can't complain too much. Definitely loud though do not worry about it having enough volume.

#18 ·
Price $100
Pros Good sound
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Needed to replace my muffler and bought this as a replacement. Good sound. It's louder than stock, but you aren't going to be waking up the neighbors.

I suggest finding sound clips on YouTube of various I6 Jeeps with different Flowmasters so you know what you'll be getting.

#19 ·
Price $1
Pros Better flow over stock, better build quality
Cons A bit of a drone between 1700 and 2000RPMs, livable though
Recommended yes

Comments: Got the muffler for free from a friend when I did my H.O. swap. It definitely has a better tone than the glass-pack I was running. I'm not sure if it flows as well, but it's also got bigger piping. It's taken one hell of a beating so far, and just keeps right on going. The drone is mild to moderate except at certain RPM/engine load combinations, nothing horrible.

#21 ·
Price $150
Pros great sound when the engine is warm
Cons if you start it right up and get on it, it will sound like a rice rocket. not quite in the cabin
Recommended yes

Comments: turning the jeep on and lightly gasing it makes a great sound. and once the pipes and engine are warm, floor it for a mean sounding jeep. but if its cold, go slow, or it will sound HORRIBLE.

#25 ·
Price $1
Pros Nice Throaty Rumble
Cons little Bulky
Recommended yes

Comments: Step brother gave me this muffler. Added it as soon as i got the jeep. I've been told it sounds like a bigger truck. I have always liked flowmaster's sound and it was a simple install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.