Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Exhaust > Dynomax Jeep Cat-Back Systems

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Dynomax Jeep Cat-Back Systems Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exhaust Next Product

Dynomax Jeep Cat-Back Systems

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $160.89
Manufacturer: Dynomax
Recommended?
Yes: 33 / No: 0

Customize your vehicle's exhaust quickly and easily with an emissions legal premium performance system from Dynomax. Kits include a Super Turbo Muffler and an all-aluminized mandrel bent tail pipe which follows original routing and attaches directly to your existing mounting locations. All necessary clamps and hangers include. Dynomax tail pipes feature mandrel bends for better flow over stock. All-aluminized materials provide a long lasting and sharp appearace. Dynomax systems feature a limited lifetime warranty.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

trw

trw's Reviews

09-16-2009, 05:39 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: nice sound
Cons: tail pipe
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I decided to install this kit when I had to put a new catalytic converter in.

the install went easy, but my gripe lays in the tailpipe. It was pre-bent with a so-so fit. If you manage to get the hump to clear the heatshield on the body tub (without banging and rattling) the tailpipe hangs so low it hits EVERYTHING offroad and the tip sticks out real far, my first offroad trip I nearly ripped the back of the muffler out several times.

so out came the sawzall, I cut the tip off and trimmed the remaining pipe for higher clearance, but it still hangs low, I've bent the rear hanger to get it up as high as I could before the hump starts to make contact with the body tub heatshield and make loads of rattles from it.

the more permanent way to fix it would be to take it to an exhaust shop and have them bend the tail pipe a bit more to place the exit higher up.

As for the sound, it adds a nice note to the 4 banger, not absolute ricey, but notably "stronger" without being overkill, I find it the perfect muffler for those looking to add subtle spice to their stock-ness

wow682
wow682's Reviews

06-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Price: $165.00
Pros: just installed on 2006 TJ, I think it was easy to install and would recommend to anyone. Pretty cheap and showed up next day
Cons: wish it was a little louder, but still not annoying like those damn rice burning cars!!!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: just installed on 2006 TJ, I think it was easy to install and would recommend to anyone. Pretty cheap and showed up next day.

frankiej73
frankiej73's Reviews

04-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: An excellent exhaust for the money. Not very loud at idle but rumbles nicely when you get on the throttle.

rc_007
rc_007's Reviews

02-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: dynomax super turbo muffler and 2 1/2 inch tailpipe. not very loud but nice rumble at low rpms. decreases dead zones in throttle and slightly increased mpgs

Crusher16
Crusher16's Reviews

02-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Price: $110.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Perfect cat back exhaust. Sounds more aggressive over stock. Not loud enough to be annoying, but definitely sounds better. Easy to install.

jeepsus
jeepsus's Reviews

02-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Pros: sound at idle (has been mistake for an 8 cyl)
Cons: wish i had of saved the 160 bucks and put it towards a lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments: like i said it sounds nice, its not too loud and is fairly easy to install but if you're just starting to mod your jeep buy a lift and tires.

Jeep_Runner_83
Jeep_Runner_83's Reviews

01-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Like the sound and look of the tip. It replaced my rusted out stock exhuast system

bchanna
bchanna's Reviews

12-20-2008, 05:57 AM
Price: $146.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fairly easy installation. Everything fit great and the sound is louder than stock, but still not too loud. Perfect tone and actually got rid of a little hesitation on take off.........For the money, an unbelievable exhaust.

mike121564
mike121564's Reviews

11-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Price: $165.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The exhaust has a very nice stainless stell tip that comes out of the back. Its loud in the cab when ya hit about 3000rpm.you cant bet it for the price!

snakeeyes237
snakeeyes237's Reviews

09-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great sound, too bad Ssummit Racing dropped the ball and sent the wrong Cat, and tail pipe.

omninate
omninate's Reviews

08-31-2008, 09:24 PM
Price: $189.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The SuperTurbo cat-back system sounds great! I really only replaced my existing system because it was rusted through in a few places, but now I'm glad that I did!

Silent
Silent's Reviews

08-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Price: $125.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: DynoMax Super Turbo Cat Back exhaust is what I am running. It has a mellow tone, and decent power.

ReconMill

Flat-4 Turbo
ReconMill's Reviews

07-31-2008, 09:42 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Easy to install, relatively inexpensive, nice tone for the 4.0 especially at about 2500rpm
Cons: not loud at idle
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent product for the money, and is fairly rust resistant (for now). I wish it was a little louder though, but it sounds great at about 2500 rpms in my xj. I got mine from summit, great guys to deal with and I would recommend buying from them anytime!

Page 2 of 2 1 2