Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Exhaust > Dynomax Jeep Cat-Back Systems

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Dynomax Jeep Cat-Back Systems Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exhaust Next Product

Dynomax Jeep Cat-Back Systems

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $160.89
Manufacturer: Dynomax
Recommended?
Yes: 33 / No: 0

Customize your vehicle's exhaust quickly and easily with an emissions legal premium performance system from Dynomax. Kits include a Super Turbo Muffler and an all-aluminized mandrel bent tail pipe which follows original routing and attaches directly to your existing mounting locations. All necessary clamps and hangers include. Dynomax tail pipes feature mandrel bends for better flow over stock. All-aluminized materials provide a long lasting and sharp appearace. Dynomax systems feature a limited lifetime warranty.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Platypus

Built In The Rain
Platypus's Reviews
03-11-2014, 12:09 AM
Price: $230.00
Pros: not too loud. just a good growl at low rpms
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: was hoping for something a little louder but have grown to like how quiet it is. has a rumble below 2k rpm and after thats its just amplified stock sounds.

00XJMikey

Broke XJ Lover
00XJMikey's Reviews
05-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Price: $147.95
Pros: Ease of installation. Comes with all needed parts. Puts out a great sound.
Cons: Can't keep my foot off the throttle due to the great new exhaust notes.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the dynomax cat back exhaust to replace my factory exhaust that was missing all the hangers and had completely broken off in front of the muffler. The system was very affordable and it puts out a great nice rumble without being louder than the stock system under normal and hard acceleration.

t-bud61
t-bud61's Reviews
12-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: easy install, great sound and performance
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: fit great, works great, sounds great

AWK
AWK's Reviews

01-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Price: $144.60
Pros: Easy install, cost effective
Cons: Instructions doesn't point out that muffler is reversible.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Based on the instructions (one small printed page) the system didn't fit my 97 Wrangler SE. However, after contacting Dynomax they stated the muffler is reversable, and then it fit fine. I find it MUCH louder than what was on this Jeep (may have not been stock, I doubt it was). I have a Draw-tite class 3 hitch and this fit fine around that. I have to bend the rear bracket slightly, but worked fine. I did NOT have to cut any of the tail pipe off. They must have fixed that issue.

cbenez1

cbenez1's Reviews
10-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Simple install sounds good
Cons: Non as of....
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install and I like the sound. Not loud but noticeable when on the pedal. Only $40 after rebate.

derek92384
derek92384's Reviews
07-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: cheap, sounds great. came with 75$ rebate
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice tip and sound. no drone on the highway

jasoncamp
jasoncamp's Reviews
06-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Price: $90.00
Pros: Inexpensive. Good tone. Not much louder than stock but enough to tell it is there when you get on the gas.
Cons: Had to cut 3 inches off the tail pipe tip to fit like stock.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Part number 19391. The 90.00 is the price after rebate. Bought on amazon for 165 and Dynomax has a 75 dollar rebate through 8/11. I installed this myself without help. I highly recommend having help to get the skid plate back on. Also the skid plate holds your tranny in place. I had a bit of a scare after the install before the skid plate was on. I hopped in and notice my stick shift had dropped 8 inches. All is well now that everything is back together. You'll need a deep socket to get the stock muffler off and the new one on. I couldn't get a perfect fit between the muffler and cat. I don't hear any air leaks but I see some condensation drips where it connects. Cut three inches off the tail pipe before installing. A local muffler shop did this for 10 bucks.

klikkid3
klikkid3's Reviews
06-10-2011, 01:36 AM
Pros: easy install, not to loud or rice rocket sounding
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For the money, I couldnt be happier. So far so good

2003RubiBlue
2003RubiBlue's Reviews
03-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: low cost, a little deeper tone than stock
Cons: Not really that loud.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Needed a new exhaust due to New England road salt. This was a direct bolt on and went on much easier than I expected. It really came with everything I needed to instal which I tend to be skeptical of. It does have a great deep tone at higher RPMS's, so far I am very happy.

rrasco
rrasco's Reviews
02-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Price: $169.00
Pros: sounds great, looks good
Cons: does not work with aftermarket hitches
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sounds great, looks even better. Have not noticed any performance gain, but that's not why I bought it. Has a nice growl to it and adds a little flash to the back of my TJ.

JustJoeyK138
JustJoeyK138's Reviews
11-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Good tough sound
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the kit comes with clamps but, we went ahead and welded it all out for a more rigid install

mmaibachjr
mmaibachjr's Reviews
11-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Pros: Super Turbo sounds great. Has low idle rumble, loud when on it, sounds like muscle.
Cons: Not stainless steel, still looks fresh tho
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very easy to install, sounds great, great price, and looks very nice. The tip is stainless and comes out to the right, (OEM) however it doesn't dip, it shoots out on a 45 deg. angle. Fits with hitch on the back (with some bracket modification -bending).

overall great product.

Supermaxx01
Supermaxx01's Reviews
10-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Pros: complete kit, sounds good, not to loud, little more agressive sound
Cons: non
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had to get new exhaust since my stock was rusting out, didn't want to go loud. So i went with the Dynomax turbo. Sounds good, doesn't sound like the crash up derby loud 6cyls you hear around town racing pizza around.

jharvey615

jharvey615's Reviews
10-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Pros: Price
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sounds good not loud flows good and looks nice with stainless tip.

CorporalMojo
CorporalMojo's Reviews
07-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Pros: Sound, Quality, Price, Look, Bolt-On
Cons: Installation, Directions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like the exhaust as for being "bolt-on", sure it is, after you hack off your old cat-back with a sawzall. Don't bother trying to bang it, pry it, or heat it off. If you jeep is like my it was spot welded like crazy. I guess its not really Dynomax's fault, but they try and make installation of their system sound like a piece of cake when really it can turn into a giant pain in the ***. Still a great product.

scorpyrox
scorpyrox's Reviews
04-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Price: $145.00
Pros: Nice for someone who is not looking for anything too loud. Interior noise pretty much stayed the same.A breeze to install.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product. Easy to install. If you are looking for something loud then i would recommend another product, but if you want to keep the interior noise at almost the same level then this is the cat back system for you. Has a nice tone to it and the stainless steal tip looks sharp. Got it from summit racing and there is also a $75 rebate on it.

aaronscalf1
aaronscalf1's Reviews
03-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Great flow.
Cons: Not quite as loud as I wanted.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the muffler and build the rest of the cat back. It flows great and I do think it will get louder with time, but it is still pretty quiet.

rubithebeast
rubithebeast's Reviews
12-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Pros: easy install.
Cons: not much of a difference between stock and this muffler.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy install. not much of a differnence between stock.

SimonsTJ

SimonsTJ's Reviews

12-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Price: $146.00
Pros: Low cost, Relatively quiet, Easy to Install
Cons: Tailpipe Sticks out a bit too far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just installed this cat-back on my 97 TJ because the old one was leaking. I had to cut the old exhaust to get it out, but the new one went right in. The stainless steel tailpipe is a bit on the long side so It could easily get caught up on obstacles. Simple solution.... I cut about 6 or 7" off the end and it is now about flush with my gas tank skid.

+Crusader+

+Crusader+'s Reviews

09-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Quiet, quality, inexpensive, easy install.
Cons: Tailpipe angle wrong for my application
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought cat-back from SummitRacing for really cheap. Install was straight forward, but ended up having to spend $70 at muffler shop to have them fab up the tailpipe so it wasn't bent downward at an angle. Now the tailpipe comes straight out the back and is tucked up as tight as possible to the undercarriage without hitting the gas tank or shackle. The Dynomax factory angle just looks GOOFY and protrudes too much, but I understand they designed it that way to clear some bumper and hitch receiver configurations.

Sound is slightly sportier than stock, but overall it's real quiet which makes cruising with it easier on the ears than some kits. Next I will probably try the Flowmaster kit as I like a little deeper tone sometimes, but this is an inexpensive (well not for me) solution to a rusty old factory cat-back.

Good kit if the 10* sloped tailpipe angle wouldn't bother you any.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »