Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Exhaust > Cherry Bomb Glasspack

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Cherry Bomb Glasspack Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exhaust Next Product

Cherry Bomb Glasspack

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $45.00
Average Price: $31.69
Manufacturer: Cherry Bomb
Recommended?
Yes: 31 / No: 3

straight through muffler

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

harwood909
harwood909's Reviews
07-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Price: $25.00
Pros: CHEAP, as in good cheap Simple to put on
Cons: Not top of the line
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good for a first exhaust I guess. Save up and get a super 40 if you really want a good tone

Dhofstet
Dhofstet's Reviews
05-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Price: $49.95
Pros: It looks bad ass.
Cons: In low RPMs i kinda sound like a Ricer.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For the price you can't beat it. It is a performance muffler. It sounds good.

slpv09
slpv09's Reviews
05-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Price: $24.95
Pros: cheap sonds good got it at the auction barn
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i love the sound and it was cheap

88cobranger
88cobranger's Reviews
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Price: $30.00
Pros: sounds great on the l6
Cons: none besides the fuel economy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i bought this cherrybomb like 2 years ago and it was intended to go onto my ranger but it got pu to the side, i got it welded on for free, it cost me $30 on jc whitney. after putting it on i noticed a drop in the fuel economy maybe like 1 less to the gallon at most, but i noticed better throttle response and more hp, im not sure how much more hp it added but if ur looking for something loud and proud cherry bomb is the way to go

4x4md
4x4md's Reviews
11-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Price: $55.00
Pros: It has a unique low rumble that sounds great. Gave my four banger a little more get up and go.
Cons: A little loud if you have a soft top.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had a choice of several exhuast packages from my local muffler shop. The YJ I had prior to my TJ had a Turbo muffler when I got it and I replaced it with a Flow Master 40 series. Both had a good sound but still didn't have the low growl or rumble you would expect. The Cherry Bomb gave a great low Rumble to My Tj not to mention a little more get up and Go. And you can't beat the price $55 installed. My Flow Master cost me $85 dollars. And the sound wasn't nearly as good.

Bentone
Bentone's Reviews
10-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Price: $19.99
Pros: Very simple design
Cons: Takes a long time to blow glass pack out, unless burned with gas
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very loud once packing is burnt out with glass.

JDePietro

JDePietro's Reviews
08-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Price: $24.00
Pros: True straight through design, decent sound and it won't snag on anything due to its shape!
Cons: Thin metal, it is not powder coated as described.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you are seeking a truly custom exhaust system with great sound and all the performance exhaust can offer try a Banks. If you are on a budget and want something that will give you a decent sound, some good performance and no worries on the trail this is your girl.

I ripped my muffler on a trial and needed one ASAP for inspection. I had $20 in points at autozone so the grand total for my Cherrybomb glasspack was $4. I ordered the one specifically outlined for my TJ however when I brought it home it was about 5 inches too long.

The stock muffler has a z like inlet and outlet offset and the straight through design of the cherry bomb doesn't translate perfectly. After realizing that my stock pipe was rusted to hell and bent like a SanFransico artist I high tailed it to the custom shop and had a pipe bent to my specifications. All told I spent $64 and now a have a custom exhaust.

Idle sound is aggressive and throaty, between 1200 and 1500 rpms there is a droan but once you get past that everything mellows out and is not even noticable with a radio playing.

Since my computer has adapted I have seen a 1 mpg increase in full milage and some very noticably power in the 1000 to 2000 rpm range. Before I installed the product I could let my clutch out without touching the gas and my jeep would coast forward but it couldn't get over the lip in my driveway. Now I can, so that must mean something so someone.

Cheers.

4pointslow
4pointslow's Reviews
08-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Price: $28.99
Pros: Sounds Great
Cons: highway drone
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great replacement for the money, a little better acceleration..

RKOTAREK
RKOTAREK's Reviews
07-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: sounds awesome even on a 4.0
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got a Cherry Bomb Glass Pack installed with my stock exhaust and it sounds awesome and deep even with the inline 6. we just cut off one cat and the muffler and stait piped it and then added the glass pack and totally worth it.

ajxj9197

ajxj9197's Reviews

07-26-2009, 05:11 AM
Price: $35.00
Pros: low throaty sound
Cons: little loud at low end acceleration. (when sitting at 2000rpm it drones)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought it for a nice deep sound at a resonable price and got that. It is not ricery IMO at all. Not even at high speeds(took it to 75). The only thing is on my xj it drones when i sit at 2000rpm's but other then that its perfect. Cab noise is minimal.

Kasanders-02TJ
Kasanders-02TJ's Reviews
05-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Price: $25.00
Pros: standard glasspack
Cons: wranglers cant really use a straight-thru muffler design due to the offset of the primary and secondary pipe
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

91rebel
91rebel's Reviews

03-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Cherry Bomb Glasspack
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the stock exhaust is way too quiet for my standards. the cherry bomb on back sounds mean as all hell! love the deep throaty sound from it

natertots
natertots's Reviews

02-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Cherry Bomb Glasspack
Price: $45.00
Pros: cheap, everyone knows where Im at all the time, sets off a lot of car alarms
Cons: sounds like crap, the paint burns, and sounds like total crap
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought this to quiet my jeep down a little since before it didnt have anything from the cat back. So I bolted this thing on cranked it over and it sounded great! then I got it on the highway and at around 65 mph (2000 rpm) it sound like a ricer. And is pretty loud inside the jeep. Over all I am not happy with the glasspack because Most the time my jeep is running its not ideling (the only time I like the sound) In all fairness I dont have anything coming out the tail end so that might quiet it down a tiny tiny bit but it will still be a pretty stupid sound.

xjkid91
xjkid91's Reviews

02-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Cherry Bomb Glasspack
Price: $30.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: loud cheap and good quality and great sound can find them at your local auto shops for real cheap

Page 2 of 2 1 2