Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Exhaust > Cherry Bomb - Cherry Bomb Pro Muffler

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Cherry Bomb - Cherry Bomb Pro Muffler Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exhaust Next Product

Cherry Bomb - Cherry Bomb Pro Muffler

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $60.00
Average Price: $44.00
Manufacturer: Cherry Bomb
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.cherrybomb.com/

- Unique wing plate design

- 100% welded, aluminized steel, with high temp grey finish

- Non-reversable custom tuned flow design

- Standard body size

- Recommended for car and truck applications

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Kettles

Kettles's Reviews
05-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Sounds great, not loud, no drone
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with a catback system so I can't say the price exactly. I love the sound, its not loud and I don't hear it at all on the highway, but its there when I rev. It has held up for 2 years with only some surface rust on the welds, other than that its still plated with the coating it had. Although its usually covered in mud .

jeep94318gc
jeep94318gc's Reviews
01-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Price: $29.99
Pros: nice addition to replace stock muffler. Loud at full throttle, but a sleeper when idling. worth the $$
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: worked great with my dual setup to sideswept (below rear pass. doors) sounds good, better then the glasspack i had b4, and way better then stock!

harwood909
harwood909's Reviews
12-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Price: $19.99
Pros: Sounds much better than glasspack
Cons: It's cherry bomb
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It works all right for the average Joe like myself.

knightwolf654
knightwolf654's Reviews
09-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: good sound
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: first off this is not a glass pack muffler!
the sound is GREAT. may not sound like a v8 but the sound is way better then a glass pack or stock muffler

Finulanu
Finulanu's Reviews

09-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Price: $60.00
Pros: -Nice, deep rumble at idle and low rpm's. -Improved throttle response, acceleration. -Good bang for the buck
Cons: -A bit of a drone in some rpm ranges -Loses a little of the deeper rumble it has in the lower rpm's when you climb to higher rpm's. Sounds just a little "high-pitched" for me.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Here is more of a detailed review for the muffler (This set-up is on a 2003 TJ 4.0L with a 5 speed manual transmission):
First off, it's a steal at such a low price. The muffler only cost me $60 from my local 4x4 shop. The specs on the muffler I have is 2.5" center (in) offset (o) and 2.5" tailpiping, the rest of my engine mods being stock. For the money, the muffler definitely stands out and has a nice deep rumble and growl to it overall, but more so in lower rpm's and crawling in 4-Lo. I think it holds its own quite well in sound and performance compared to some of the other over-priced manufacturers that are all about owning brand name.

I did see an improvement in throttle response and acceleration. The rpm's do climb a bit faster when you really step on the skinny pedal.

A few things that I didn't like as much about the product is it doesn't retain the nice, deep tone it has at idle and when in lower gears. Seems that when you really step on it in the higher gears, the noise becomes a little more "high-picthed" so to speak. I wouldn't call it ricer at all and it still sounds pretty good, just not as deep and throaty as I would like. Another thing, it does drone a bit in certain cases, depending where your rpm's are and how much pressure you're applying on the skinny pedal. However, it is not bad enough to make me want to swap it out for another muffler or drive me crazy. All in all, a fantastic muffler and I am very pleased with it.