25K views 79 replies 77 participants last post by  Michael96ZJ 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $950
Rating 4
Average Price $1612903611.79
Manufacturer Borla
Recommended Yes: 77 / No: 2

Exhaust systems have a tough life. Outside, they face salt, mud, water, crud, and rocks, among other road hazards! Internally, they experience unburned hydrocarbons, acids, and moisture. All Borla systems feature tough 16-Gauge T-304 Stainless steel construction. It's so tough that Borla backs each system with A Million-Mile Warranty.
Cat Back Systems run from the rear of the catalytic converter to the end of your vehicle. Adds throaty sound characteristics, and provides mild performance gains with tuned exhaust flow.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Rating 4
Pros good sound, gazillion mile warranty
Recommended yes

Comments: been running it and knocking it around offroad for 5 years, in New England, DC, and Belgium, sounds good without being over-bearing. i suspect the "mild performance gains" is a bunch of crap.

#3 ·
Rating 4
Pros Sounds great, built to last, million mile warranty
Recommended yes

Comments: Awesome exhaust. Adds a refined tone to the exhaust without being too loud. Built to last, comes with a million mile warranty. The installation is also a snap with the included clamps. Bolts only connect it to the cat.

#5 ·
Rating 3
Pros Warranty
Cons 2.25 inch NOT 2.5
Recommended yes

Comments: I removed the Borla for the 2.5 cat back Gibson system. Bigger exhaust for the stroker helped!!

#6 ·
Rating 5
Pros Great fit, sounds good
Cons Expensive
Recommended yes

Comments: The Borla CatBak is a great product. The fit was the best that I've ever seen with no leaks or rubbing. The sound is good as well, but I would prefer a bit louder system. The price is high, but I got a great deal.

#7 ·
Rating 5
Pros Extreme resistance to the elements, Sound, High Flow
Cons Price - but it's likely to be your last exhaust
Recommended yes

Comments: Installed my about 3 years back. Living in Ohio road salt can do a number on your exhaust. She's held up wonderfully. Quality built right down to the clamps they supply.

Exhaust note is louder than factory, yet not annoying.

Performace gains... well minor at best just being a cat-back setup. HOWEVER I can attest to the high flow rate of this exhaust on my '92 Wrangler. A short while back my cat's filter lost a big chunk (close to 2" oblong) and it past right thru the mufler and out to the tip where it was stopped. I just pulled the tail section off and removed it.

The kit carries a good price tag with it, no doubt. But it's a long term investment. Already it has surpassed my previous (cheap) exhaust, Pace Setter.

#8 ·
Rating 5
Pros GREAT SOUND AND MORE POWER
Cons NONE
Recommended yes

Comments: I PUT THIS ON 2 WEEKS AGO, IT HAS GREAT SOUND AND I DO HAVE MORE LOW END. I AM PUTING THE AEM COLD AIR INTAKE ON THIS WEEKEND, I HOPE THAT IS ALL I NEED TO DO TO GIVE ME ALL THE LOW AND TOP END I WAIT.

#9 ·
Rating 5
Pros Deep Throaty Sound
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: I've had my Borla on for over six months now and I absolutely love it. Great sound with added power at the pedal.

#14 ·
Price $1
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: good product but not much sound from them

#18 ·
Price $450
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Nice sound, piping too small.

#22 ·
Price $800
Rating 2
Recommended yes

Comments: Exhaust is a little disappointing. Not much sound, not very feasible for off road use as the tips will likely be crushed.

#23 ·
Price $10
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: It was not the cat back system but the header tube. It was a challenge installing it but worth every busted knuckle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.