Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Exhaust > Banks Monster Exhaust

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Banks Monster Exhaust Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exhaust Next Product

Banks Monster Exhaust

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $800.00
Average Price: $290.07
Manufacturer: Banks
Recommended?
Yes: 107 / No: 4

1991-05 4.0L and 2000-02 2.5L WRANGLER: Constructed entirely of heavy-gauge stainless steel, Banks Monster features a supersized, 2.5-inch tailpipe with a stainless tailpipe tip polished to a mirror finish. Banks Monster muffler, its straight-through performance muffler, is the industry's least restrictive. In comparison tests, Banks muffler flowed 498.2 cfm at 1 psi—a 139% improvement over the stock exhaust's 208.6 cfm, and about 44% better than the nearest competitor.
Monster virtually eliminates backpressure from the catalytic converter back, for more power and efficiency—and an authoritative, yet civil, exhaust note. For maximum results, combine with Banks TorqueTube system.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

05moabTJ

05moabTJ's Reviews

03-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Banks Monster Exhaust
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sounds great and more power

Manateu
Manateu's Reviews

11-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Banks Monster Exhaust
Pros: Loud, but not intrusive
Cons: pipe leaks at connection
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Everyone has said what needs mentioned. My wife was actually okay with sound and noise level.

JeepBro5
JeepBro5's Reviews

08-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Banks Monster Exhaust
Pros: This is the way a Wrangler should sound, and this is the way an exhaust system should be made!
Cons: If you're looking for a quiet system, this is not for you. Fortunately I wasn't!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I now consider my Wrangler to be the best sounding TJ I have yet encountered, excluding those with V8s. This is the way a Wrangler should sound. I have about 500 miles on my cat-back system now, and I've been grinning ear to ear for every one of them! If you're looking to have your TJ sound ballsy and you don't mind it being considerably louder, then get this system! It's stainless, comes with a lifetime warranty, installs easily, it isn't too expensive ($270 shipped from Amazon), and it will make you love driving your Jeep even more than you already do!

rljsrubicon
rljsrubicon's Reviews

06-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Banks Monster Exhaust
Pros: Looks great and sounds good
Cons: leaks and drones
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Banks Catbak is a very nice looking system, not overly priced and sounds good. The biggest complaint is that the muffler to tail pipe connection is very hard to keep together and will leak. It really needs to be welded. The system also drones when cruising at speed.

Bl@ck06Rubi
Bl@ck06Rubi's Reviews

05-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Banks Monster Exhaust
Pros: Easy Install, GREAT SOUND!!! Stainless! No rust!
Cons: Little Expensive!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had this Cat-back on my 98 TJ. Was a easy install. The sound difference was awesome, mad my 4.0 sound like a V8 really deep, ballsy sound. Slight power increase, did not have the headers though. Plan on putting it on my Rubicon eventually.

JeepinJP
JeepinJP's Reviews

04-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Banks Monster Exhaust
Pros: easy install, great sound
Cons: Sometimes sets over car alarms as i drive buy. (If you want to call that a con)!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love it!! Great sound and performance!

geoffgarcia
geoffgarcia's Reviews

01-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Banks Monster Exhaust
Pros: Slightly more HP
Cons: Significantly louder
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After having issues with my stock exhaust (@ 80k miles) I opted to upgrade to the Banks Power Monster.

I was a little shocked at how much louder the system is over the stock noise that I had grown accustomed to its just a hair quieter than no muffler at all. If I had known how loud it would be I would have gone with a more standard option.

aaggie77
aaggie77's Reviews

11-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Banks Monster Exhaust
Price: $245.00
Pros: Good fit. Great looks. Perfect sound.
Cons: Already killed the polished tip.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Outstanding product. Great price and with the Tourque Tube header, AEM Brute Force Intake, I can feel a power increase. Sound is nice when you open it up on the road, but very civil when you're light on the pedal. I killed the polished tip in Sedona, AZ but could have prevented that if I would have cut the pipe back about 2 inches.

coolguycarlos

coolguycarlos's Reviews

08-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Banks Monster Exhaust
Pros: Stainless, Good steady sound
Cons: If your looking for a hard, throaty sound. this is not found you. You can hardly hear it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, definetly better then the stock exhaust, did notice a great improvement in HP when I installed with the headers also

Deezul

Deezul's Reviews

08-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Banks Monster Exhaust
Pros: Great sound, Stainless
Cons: nothing really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just put this on my 04 Rubi and wow it sound's nice. I had a Borla on my 98 and it sounded stock. If you are looking for a deeper/throaty sound get this!

TJChris
TJChris's Reviews

08-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Banks Monster Exhaust
Pros: very good quality
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm very happy with my Banks Exhaust System. I installed Headers and the muffler. The muffler is much louder than stock one and has a deep rumbling Sound that I rellay like.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6