Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Exhaust > Banks Monster Exhaust

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Banks Monster Exhaust Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exhaust Next Product

Banks Monster Exhaust

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $800.00
Average Price: $288.84
Manufacturer: Banks
Recommended?
Yes: 108 / No: 4

1991-05 4.0L and 2000-02 2.5L WRANGLER: Constructed entirely of heavy-gauge stainless steel, Banks Monster features a supersized, 2.5-inch tailpipe with a stainless tailpipe tip polished to a mirror finish. Banks Monster muffler, its straight-through performance muffler, is the industry's least restrictive. In comparison tests, Banks muffler flowed 498.2 cfm at 1 psi—a 139% improvement over the stock exhaust's 208.6 cfm, and about 44% better than the nearest competitor.
Monster virtually eliminates backpressure from the catalytic converter back, for more power and efficiency—and an authoritative, yet civil, exhaust note. For maximum results, combine with Banks TorqueTube system.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

jonestj
jonestj's Reviews
02-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Price: $270.00
Pros: ease of installation, sound, power
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This product is well worth the money. This was an easy modification and works well with the Banks Cold Air Intake kit.

Steel4Pens

Steel4Pens's Reviews
02-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: Sound Quality Ease of installation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love having this exhaust system. My Jeep sounds nice with it installed. I also have the headers and intake system from Banks. It was very easy to install. The quality is nice, T409 SS will not fail. Life long investment.

dustinGERSTEL
dustinGERSTEL's Reviews
01-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Price: $299.99
Pros: Greatest tone on the market! Easy installation
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This exhaust sounds BEAUTIFUL, the warranty backing this product is also the best versus mbrp and gibson. The welding quality on the muffler is almost flawless. Not the biggest fan of the tip that comes with the exhaust it tarnishes to an awkward gold color.

shoopie
shoopie's Reviews
11-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Price: $260.00
Pros: easy install, great sound, good price
Cons: tail pipe needed to be indented where it touches the right rear shock because i have a 4" lift, chrome tip discolored very fast and now it is a brown/gold color.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: if you have a lift this does not fit very well, the tail pipe contacts the shock body and needed to be indented so it wouldnt rub. other than that it is easy to install and sounds good. great price too.

TurdyFive
TurdyFive's Reviews
07-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Sounds great.
Cons: Turn down exhaust tip easy to damage
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The muffler sounded great. Nice deep rumble. The only issue I had with the whole unit was the exhaust tip. It got smashed on a rock my first trip out with it and I had to pry it off on the trail. It stuck out and down too far. It looked nice but I wouldn't install the tip if offroading. I had to remove the whole catback after I installed a new performance catalytic converter. The Banks muffler would no longer fit. Too bad. I really liked it.

4LCKDRUBIUNLTD
4LCKDRUBIUNLTD's Reviews
06-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Price: $419.00
Pros: Excellent sound
Cons: Exhaust tip hangs low
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Constructed entirely of heavy-gauge stainless steel, Banks Monster features a supersized, 2.5-inch tailpipe with a stainless tailpipe tip polished to a mirror finish. Monster Muffler, Banks’ straight-through performance muffler, is the industry's least restrictive, more than doubling the stock flow.
Monster virtually eliminates backpressure from the catalytic converter back, for more power and efficiency—and an authoritative, yet civil, exhaust note.

2Point5
2Point5's Reviews
04-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Sounds good and can kinda feel some more power
Cons: not what i would have expected for the money
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

HawksJeep46
HawksJeep46's Reviews

03-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Price: $699.00
Pros: Sounds great!!
Cons: ???
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was looking for an exhaust with a nice sound and less restrictive airflow. I found it!! It makes the 4.0 sound real nice!! Has a nice throaty rumble to it, that is not overly loud.

CK3
CK3's Reviews

03-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Pros: Looks great, very well made, easy install. I recommend it for the 4.0L.
Cons: My '00 TJ (2.5L) now sounds like a rice rocket.Not happy with the sound at all.
Recommended? No

Comments: Looks great, very well made, easy install. I recommend it for the 4.0L. My '00 TJ (2.5L) now sounds like a rice rocket. Not happy with the sound at all.

kenrod02
kenrod02's Reviews
03-16-2011, 03:26 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Great Sound, lighter than factory system.
Cons: Install requires dropping the belly pan/tranny mount. Need to finesse the connection after the muffler. Stainless tip discolors quickly.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the sound so for me its cool but some find it loud. I installed the power pack in two parts, intake and cat back first header later. So i felt like i had a little more power, maybe it sounded like it had more power.

Slick101
Slick101's Reviews

03-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Price: $340.00
Pros: the sound is real smooth
Cons: bad design, but is not leaking for a year now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the tail pipe slide's into the muffler rather than over it and thats where i have an exaust leek i'm sure i can play around with it more and fix it but what what were they thinking it should have been the other way around have the slits on the tail pipe and slide it over the muffler. it sounds like a infinity on start up

MaverickTJ
Aloha
MaverickTJ's Reviews
02-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Price: $290.00
Pros: Nice low rumble... Classic.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install... Great tone. Louder than stock, but not too much. Hardly hear fourth or fifth gear while on highway. Nice tone at lower RPM's.

cjlinn

cjlinn's Reviews
01-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Price: $283.99
Pros: Less airflow restriction has improved power Resonation out of the tailpipe is sexy
Cons: didn't quite match up perfectly at first on install, took some work. Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall, very impressed. In tandem with the intake this is one hell of a package. Banks has the market cornered. I have used them in Dodge diesels. A definate seat of the pants differnce is noticed as claimed and I would truly claim at least a 1mpg gain.

TheSlowDown
TheSlowDown's Reviews
01-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Very nice tone - not a drone - not really there at idle - only when you step on the gas. Helps horsepower a bit, helps throttle response a bit, would help fuel economy if I didn't step on the gas so much. :)
Cons: Too expensive for what you get. Really have to install the whole banks airflow "system" to get any real gains.
Recommended? No

Comments: Tough one - yes there is a difference in throttle response, in horsepower, in fuel economy, BUT ONLY AFTER YOU INSTALL ALL RELATED COMPONENTS. I bought the Banks "power pack" which includes the header, the intake, and the exhaust.

I put the intake on 1st for a couple of months. All I noticed was a huge sucking sounds when I stepped on the gas - nothing else.

Then I installed the exhaust. It made a bit of a difference now as the sucking sound from the intake was reduced and throttle was more responsive and the "butt dyno" was awakened from the typical Jeep slumber.

Then a few months later I installed the header. My holey cow, what a difference. Sucking sound from intake: GONE. increased power, increased throttle response, increase MPH, increased guttural exhaust note = ALL THERE.

Still, was it worth $1100 total? NO.... but... now with *hopefully* the supercharger coming in it the airflow can be used up to it's potential.

Fero
Fero's Reviews
01-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Sounds great, good fit, no rattle
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Part of a package of upgrades where performance improved, even with alot of extra weight, not sure of individual performance contribution. Sound is solid but not overwhelming. Hard to miss though.

thirdeye

thirdeye's Reviews
01-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Deep smooth sound.
Cons: None!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Banks exhaust sounds great. Completes the sound of the jeep.

engine351

engine351's Reviews
12-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: easily installed, small power gain
Cons: not a big sound improvement
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The product didn't really improve the sound of the Jeep. Although, replacing the headers is probably required to provide any real change. I did notice a small power gain. The engine is definitely breathing better.

Mud Machine

Jeep Addict
Mud Machine's Reviews

10-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Price: $255.00
Pros: Easy to install, high quality, nice sound, more power, tucks nicely under the Jeep.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put this on my 2005 LJ and am very impressed. It has a nice deep sound that is not too loud and is not too quiet. No drone is present at any RPM's. The system was easy to install and lined up with all hangers etc. Power increase at higher RPM's is noticeable for sure. Keep in mind this is not a V8 so the power increase and sound will not match that of a V8. That being said it sounds really nice (not ricey at all) and offers some power increase as well. I'm not sure about any increases in gas mileage as I have not been able to keep my foot off the skinny petal since I put it on. I also trimmed my tailpipe by several inches (back to the rear hanger leaving just enough to install the turn down) to reduce the possibility of trail damage.

Rodney121
Rodney121's Reviews
08-23-2010, 02:25 AM
Price: $919.00
Pros: AWESOME Sound (not to loud but a great rumble)
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: AWESOME Sound (not to loud but a great rumble)

FireJeep540
FireJeep540's Reviews

07-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Pros: Sounds just loud enough, great power
Cons: for stainless steel look pretty rusty quick
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have had this installed for at least 4 years sound great love to down shift just to hear It. I am not in the rust belt and it looks super rusty the muffler all shinny and chrome started to show rust first. I still would buy it again I just thought since it was stainless I wasn't going to have to.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »