Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Exhaust > Banks Monster Exhaust

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Banks Monster Exhaust Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exhaust Next Product

Banks Monster Exhaust

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $800.00
Average Price: $288.84
Manufacturer: Banks
Recommended?
Yes: 108 / No: 4

1991-05 4.0L and 2000-02 2.5L WRANGLER: Constructed entirely of heavy-gauge stainless steel, Banks Monster features a supersized, 2.5-inch tailpipe with a stainless tailpipe tip polished to a mirror finish. Banks Monster muffler, its straight-through performance muffler, is the industry's least restrictive. In comparison tests, Banks muffler flowed 498.2 cfm at 1 psi—a 139% improvement over the stock exhaust's 208.6 cfm, and about 44% better than the nearest competitor.
Monster virtually eliminates backpressure from the catalytic converter back, for more power and efficiency—and an authoritative, yet civil, exhaust note. For maximum results, combine with Banks TorqueTube system.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

blubberthechunk
blubberthechunk's Reviews
09-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Price: $170.00
Pros: Good sound and some added performance
Cons: Hardware is not all stainless. Only the hardware that holds the tip is stainless. All the stainless on this exhaust has covered in rust in a year.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would suggest painting the exhaust with some good high temp paint prior to installing. I would also recommend getting some good marine exhaust clamps. I bought some 2 1/2 inch pro tie clamps after the fact. Also, because this is put together in pieces, you don't have to remove anything, however the pieces don't like moving after they've been installed awhile. Get the pieces fit right the first time, and/or use some nickel anti-seize on all the connecting points.

DeathDealer11
DeathDealer11's Reviews

05-05-2014, 12:48 AM
Price: $235.00
Pros: Looks and sounds great
Cons: Doesn't clear shocks with lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have a 2000 tj and bought the cat back for that year and it didn't fit because I have a slip fit after the cat and the catback for that year range is the flange style so it didn't fit therefore I have to reorder the 97-99 catback so I had to pay an additional $30 for shipping but that was my mistake for not verifying what kind of style I had. I recently installed a 3" lift and I had to readjust the tubes a little but I got it to fit without denting any pipe to clear the rear shock. Besides that I love the way it sounds, I have the banks intake and they sound amazing together, very clean throaty sound. One note though, never order from banks themselves because they charge a 30% restocking fee for returns and they will not budge on waiving the fee! I learned that when I bought there torque tubes a few years ago, worst customer service ever.

Shiftee

Shiftee's Reviews
02-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Price: $230.00
Pros: Great sound. Easy Install
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I don't have a lot to serve as a basis of comparison. When I got my TJ from the PO the cat and OEM muffler were shot. So sound and performance were horrible. The PO included a Eastern Catalytic converter in the box when I picked the Jeep up so I ordered the Banks system and cleaned up everything from the headers back. The before and after of course were drastic. Install was cake though and everything fit well with my 4" lift. I haven't installed the tip... nor have I decided whether or not I will. I like the simple exit

Icarus
Icarus's Reviews

01-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Does sound good at higher revs (who revs out a Jeep though?!)
Cons: Not very good quality. Rusted/scaling bad after less than a year! Been very hard to stop it from leaking, needed to constantly adjust it (the muffler shop loves me!)
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought the Banks Monster cat-back based on reviews I had read for $400 installed locally (silly inflated Canadian prices!) Wish I had gone with something different now. It sounds very much like a ricer majority of the time, I drove alongside two in the first day and the tone was identical! Have lots to compare it to since around here! It's not bad at higher revs, but a Jeep isn't high-revving! Drone is so-so, not to bad compared to other cars I've had in the past aftermarket cat-backs.

The major issue though is after less than one year the exhaust is rusting/scaling badly.

I have had it back at the shop 3x to fix exhaust leaks. The split flange design is bad and metal is thin.

Banks isn't willing to do anything to help.

tyler_lapointe
tyler_lapointe's Reviews
09-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Price: $210.00
Pros: Improved Airflow and Sound
Cons: Exhaust comes close to rear shock but was easily fixed by bending the back bracket with a big wrench
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy and quick to install (if the 2 bolts arent rusted beyond belief on your stock). Well worth it.

knightwolf654
knightwolf654's Reviews

04-15-2013, 07:06 AM
Price: $235.99
Pros: Nice sound, All stainless steel, awesome build quality
Cons: if you have a hitch, the exhaust tip wont fit, clearance issues with the passenger side shock. really quiet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: just put this on yesterday, took about 45 minutes. fit was nice and tight, there did look like their might be some clearance issues with one of the shocks. their is only about a 1" gap between the tail pipe and the shock. if you don't have a hitch this exhaust would fit perfect. my only real issue with this is that is really quiet. now this could because i cam from a cherry bomb pro muffler which was much louder which i loved, with this one i barley hear the exhaust unless i get out and stand behind my jeep.

bbusch

bbusch's Reviews
02-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: Nice and quiet
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed mine nine years ago and have been happy with the setup. Nice pur not to loud but throaty when you really press the skinny.

msechler
msechler's Reviews
02-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Great sound not to load
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install great sound not droning load.

Hunter7158

Hunter7158's Reviews
01-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Great Sound, No Backpressure
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sounds Great, Install was easy. Definitely would recommend.

Ben8822
Ben8822's Reviews
12-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Price: $199.99
Pros: Sounds great easy install
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It was super easy to install and it sounds superb for the price and style of a single inlet catback. Love it and would def recommend to anyone plus I got a killer deal.

ScottyJ98
ScottyJ98's Reviews

10-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: It's Banks, stainless steel, easy to install, sound
Cons: The tip wouldn't fit with my hitch on.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought mine from autoanything.com and got it shipped for $202 and some change. I was happy because they offered a black tip, unfortuneatly the tip wouldn't fit with my hitch. I went to auto zone and purchased a turn down tip and painted it black with high temp paint. Installation wasn't bad. It went how i figured installing an exhaust in my driveway would go. I dropped the tcase skid, heated the studs with a torch, and cut the rest out. Install of the new exhaust was straight forward, I intalled everything loose and then aligned and tightened everything. Total time was about an hour and a half and that included a couple smokes and a beer with the neighbor.

0llll0

0llll0's Reviews
10-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Decent sound, easy intall.
Cons: Not as loud as I wanted.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After installing this system I noticed an increase in sound from my exhaust, however they say, at the time, it was the loudest on the market. It did make a great difference but I would not say that it is 'loud'. It is still an I-6 so I know it's not going to sound like a V-8...Yet.

CoolRobYo
CoolRobYo's Reviews
08-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Price: $235.00
Pros: Sounds OK for a 4. Easy to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I iwanted the low deep sound like a Subaru WRX STI... It is close...

everyladykiller
everyladykiller's Reviews
06-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: noticeable difference in acceleration and RPMs, easy install
Cons: Thought it would be a little louder.. but still not bad for a muffler system
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install is very easy, only took me about 35minutes. DONT BUY OFF QUADRATEC, it's over-priced by about $30.. Do your muffler research before just buying an expensive muffler with skinny pipes in a "cat-back system"

11b_Drake
11b_Drake's Reviews
05-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Excellent exhaust system. Sounds great. Easy Install. Holds up really well.
Cons: The Stainless Steel isnt quite so Stainless.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Exhaust but the price is a wee bit steep. However, it can hold up to a bit of abuse. It's definitely much stronger than a stock Jeep Wrangler Exhaust/Cat.

boeingxtreme
boeingxtreme's Reviews
04-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Chrome Tip Turndown Has nice rumble at around 1500-1800 RPm. When at High RPM, sounds pretty good
Cons: Not as loud as I'd like at idle
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not as loud as I'd like, but maybe after Cold Air Intake and Headers

boeingxtreme
boeingxtreme's Reviews
04-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Pros: Chrome Tip Turndown
Cons: Not as loud as I'd like
Recommended? Yes

boeingxtreme
boeingxtreme's Reviews
04-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Pros: Chrome Tip Turndown
Cons: Not as loud as I'd like, but maybe after Cold Air Intake and Headers
Recommended? Yes

scasey1212
scasey1212's Reviews
03-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Price: $270.00
Pros: perfect sound, good price
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only had it on for a day but seems like a great product, pretty good price when compared to other exhaust systems. Can't wait to get the banks air intake on. Overall very happy with it.

fiskus211
fiskus211's Reviews

03-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Price: $270.00
Pros: Lines up Perfect I got the POWER and SOUND I wanted.
Cons: Exhaust tip that points down to make it quiet. DON'T BUY EXHAUST AND COMPLAIN IT'S TOO LOUD NOONE CARES SO SHUT UP
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I already had the AEM B.F. Cold air intake that comes with the TBS as soon as I put it on and took that spin around the block BIG TIME DIFFERANCE! I'm was so happy with it Lined up perfectly. I ordered the Pacesetter TFX or whatever it's call it was junk and didn't line up right and it looked real cheap so I sent it back and got this BAS @$$ Exhaust The only thing I had to do was go to PEP BOYS and get a 4" tip It sounds so much more bad @$$ and it seemed like it had more power once I took off the Downword tip I HATE PPL WHO BUY EXHAUSTS AND COMPLAIN TO LOUD WWAAHH WWHHAAHH SHUT UP!!!!! FOLKS REMEMMBER IT'S NOT THE NAME ON THE PRODUCT IT'S THE MATERIAL IT'S MADE FROM SO DON'T WAIST YOUR MONEY ON BORLA CAUSE THE TAIL PIPE IS 1.3/4 " BANKS IS 2.5" tHE QUIETER THE EXHAUST THE LESS POWER. I ALSO STARTED TO USE 91 OCT. IDLES BETTER AND THROTTLE IS MORE TOUCHY FEELY. CLEAN YOUR THROTTLE BODY ONCE IN A WHILE MAKES A BIG DIFFERANCE Someone posted it sounds like a rice rocket uumm no it doesn't at all my buddy has a civic with an exhaust I don't think you know what your talking about it wouldn't surprise me if you don't even have this exhaust because it's such a low tone Rice Rocket is high pitched sound cause the muffler is at the end of the vehicle not in the middle like a jeep Sounds more like a Bad @$$ truck

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »