Today, it was the day of the hammer. I put the block in the bed of my truck, not quite the way I originally planned, but it worked out. Tossed down a coat of gray primer on the L & R inner fenders to see what it looked like. Body work is
on my talent scale.
I think I am going to leave the t-case alone. It seems to be sound and only signs of engine oil were on it, no leaks from ATF. But I may change my mind, I have quite some time before I put it back in.
I tossed the front end up on jack stands. The factory unit bearing on the RF was a major, MAJOR P.I.T.A to get off...over one hour and half a can of PB B. I beat, hit, pryed, called it names. In the end, it was a chisel end putty knife and my BFH from the crack truck that helped get it loose. I think I am going to replace them with Timken models from Summit.
I gave up after I could not beat off the knuckle. My patience was gone for the night. Tomorrow morning, I will beat on it some more.