ZJ traveller. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > ZJ traveller.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINERÖ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
hrgunnar
1994 ZJ 

ZJ traveller.

Hi there.
Bought my first ZJ the other day, a 1994 4.0.
As jeeps go in Norway this one is standard with no mod(virgin) and has got 250k km on the clock.

The motor and running gear are all in what seem to be good order so i think i have a good starting point.

Rear seat has actually never been used since the previous owner used it for transport.

The plan is to upgrade it while using it as a daily driver.
Most of july will be spent in the car as me and my woman will wander around Norway(from Alesund and south)

We will sleep in the back and i put down a 12cm memory foam thingy and then some. Fits perfectly(thanks to a knife) and now we have a nice bed to erhm, sleep in.

Service was due and since i had a cone filter and some aluminum piping laying around I decided to have that in.

Wanted to try that position this summer, until I have time to make something nice. But for summer cruising with little trail I think this might just do, or what do you think?

New start plugs and filter/oil. Fresh coolant and checked all other levels.

To blend in here in Norway NEED to fit a roof box and it will store all we need for 3 weeks away.

For comfort i think i should stick to stock wheels tires for the trip but look into lifting, flaring and getting a manlier wheel tire combo. Cant go all icelandic so a moderate 2.5inch lift and 31inchers will have to do. (strict legal frame in Norway).

Well, will try to post photos of the whole ordeal as I go. Please give feedback, I enjoy discussing and most likely could use suggestions.

Gunnar

hrgunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
hrgunnar
1994 ZJ 

The nose of a ZJ and in the background, Alesund, Norway.
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
hrgunnar
1994 ZJ 

Ok. I finally started travelling. Drove from ┼lesund to Geiranger and through the pass b˙ Dalsnibba over to Strynevatn. (google if not sure).
We parked for the night by an abandoned mine. Lovely day
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
hrgunnar
1994 ZJ 

Bbq, fishing(mackerel season) and a perfect place to spend the night.

Unread 08-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
hrgunnar
1994 ZJ 

Put it on BFG MT 31 x 10.5 and new springs and new shocks.
Mudclaws waiting for lift and bushings.

Last edited by hrgunnar; 08-27-2013 at 01:04 PM..

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.