Youngjeeprs build take 2 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Youngjeeprs build take 2

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 05-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #61
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Today I got the tub cut. I need to lower the back end so I might French the hangers. I also need to get longer shackles... Right now my spring hits the frame during compression. Oh and bigger tires wouldn't hurt

I also tried to flex it out again so i could measure for shocks but my hoist couldn't go high enough. I guess I'll just have to go use an RTI ramp.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
youngjeepr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #62
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I decided today that I've taken to long to finish this part of the build. So I will be finishing it by the end of the month wether I have to take time off work or not. So expect a lot of updates.

Tomorrow I'm going to find someone to bend me a set of rear armor. I'll also roll the jeep back in the shop and hopefully get the interior all buttoned up, and figure out where I will be mounting my OBA tank.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 07-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #63
bigorangeyj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So, did you finish it? I got all excited, then scrolled down to nothing.
Unread 07-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #64
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

It's all put together I just need to get some tranny lines made so I can fire it up.. It's been sitting this way for 2 or 3 weeks. I've been really busy lately. But next week I'll post a video of it running.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 07-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #65
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 07-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #66
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Light bar, rock lights (in one fender), and some bumper lights. I thinking going to get a set of flush mount rigid duallys to mount in the bumper.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 07-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #67
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Well yesterday I found out that my machine shop was wrong about the valve springs I used with my cam. So I've been talking to Jsawduste about what I should use. He is a VERY nice guy and knows what he is talking about. I really appreciate all the help he has given me.

So this week ill get my valve springs ordered and get my head pulled back off so I can put the new springs on.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 07-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #68
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngjeepr View Post
Today I got the tub cut. I need to lower the back end so I might French the hangers. I also need to get longer shackles... Right now my spring hits the frame during compression. Oh and bigger tires wouldn't hurt
I have some Ruffstuff 63" frenched hangers that I'm not gonna use if you are interested. Maybe we could work out a trade for those MTR/ks

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #69
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion
I have some Ruffstuff 63" frenched hangers that I'm not gonna use if you are interested. Maybe we could work out a trade for those MTR/ks
I've been throwing around the idea of just re drilling the stock spring hanger up closer to the frame. But some 63" French hangers would be nice.. I'll pm you.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 09-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #70
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Well not much has happened to the jeep lately. I've been busy with life and vacations. I'll go get the valve springs installed sometime this week. I decided to bore my throttle body myself so when I have some down time at work I'll throw it on the mill and bore it out to 64mm then cut a new throttle plate.

But yesterday I picked up a 16' flat bad for free. So I'll be building that in this thread as well.

The plan is to strip it down, sandblast the rust off, paint or powder coat the frame rewire it, fix or replace the brakes, repair the seized suspension, and re deck it.

Right now I'm thinking I will use 2x8s for the deck but I will also bedline them so they arnt slick when wet. I don't plan on using ramps so depending the ride height after I fix the suspension I may dovetail it for easier loading.

Yesterday I got the deck torn off. Now I just need to cut all the deck bolts flush with the frame then I will sandblast it.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 09-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #71
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Bored the throttle body today.. Now I just need to find some 1/16" aluminum to make a new throttle plate.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 09-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #72
amp713
Registered Whiskey Killer

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Updates man! Updates!?!?!?!?!?! And Good steal on the trailer! I need to find me one soon.......

SourMash The YJ

EJS 2015
amp713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2014, 12:29 PM   #73
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I havnt done much to the jeep lately. I've been busy moving and been real busy at work.. But i did decide to change cams. I will now be running the hesco RVOB6 cam. Ill get the cam ordered today or sometime this week. So if anyone is interested in a comp cams xtreme energy cam I will have one for VERY cheap. Right now the head is at the machine shop getting the valve springs installed so I should get that back sometime this week. Then once I get the new cam in i will measure for push rods and that should be the last of the parts to buy. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday i will have time at work to cut a new throttle plate. I still need to get the corner armor bent so I can build some fender flares.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 09-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #74
amp713
Registered Whiskey Killer

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I was just worried you were workin on it and not sharing! ha

SourMash The YJ

EJS 2015
amp713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #75
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Nothing really worth mentioning haha I did cut my front fenders to match the angle of my bumper and I put the dash together and cleaned it up. I'll take a picture of the fender cut tomorrow when I go to the shop.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.