Youngjeeprs build take 2 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Youngjeeprs build take 2

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 04-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #46
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm on my phone so I don't feel like looking back, what seats are they? Mine were super tall too but I'm also 6'1". My head is still probably within 3" of the spreaders.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #47
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

They are just some cheap seats I got them from a local guy for $100 with the harnesses. I'm only 5'11" I'll have to snap some pictures of the clearances tomorrow.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
youngjeepr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2014, 09:08 AM   #48
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I picked up a freshly rebuilt AW4 yesterday and I also painted the cage, put the interior wiring harness in, and got the dash back in.

Today hopefully I'll get the tail housing of the AW4 drilled, get the flywheel re drilled for the torque converter (if needed), swap the input of my t case to a 21 spline, electric fan put back on the shroud (I had to weld up some holes I cut in it) then mount the fan/shroud to the radiator.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 04-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #49
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Got the shroud and fan mounted today.

got the transmission tail housing re drilled.

Swapped the input shaft on my t case.

And got the cage painted the other day.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 04-19-2014, 07:10 PM   #50
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Today I got the motor/trans/t case put in.

Once everything was put in and I put the front clip back on I realized my Novak radiator wasn't going to work. So I went and bought a new one. So if you or any one you know is looking for a double core aluminum radiator I'm selling mine for cheap.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 04-20-2014, 03:44 AM   #51
DpDave
Semper Fidelis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

How much you want for it? I'm very interested in one!

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1521567/
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2014, 07:35 AM   #52
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpDave
How much you want for it? I'm very interested in one!
Pm sent

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 04-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #53
DpDave
Semper Fidelis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngjeepr View Post
Pm sent
And replied to.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1521567/
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #54
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

How does the alternator clear the frame rails? It looks like you're using the XJ belt routing/accessory location.

I used an XJ motor when doing my engine swap & had to switch to a TJ/YJish belt routing, as the alternator would've hit the frame.

Also, it's there a reason you're using the oil filter bracket thing & not just putting the filter directly on the block?

What injectors are you using? I'm using 24lb mustang injectors on my 4.6L with good results.

What exhaust are you using? Manifold back...

Sorry for all the questions, my phone's not loading well now, if some are answered, just tell me to read it in the thread ...

The build looks good!

Edit: have you considered doing a newer (00-06) intake manifold swap? That should help with the stroker especially.

Fwiw, if I were doing the exhaust on a yj, I'd do a newer intake manifold, 2-piece exhaust manifold (oem/oem style), 00 without cali emissions downpipe, some sort of smaller cat, banks cat back.

If you did all the exhaust for a 00 w/out cali emissions, everything would be bolt on.

The intake manifold would require changIng the power steering pump/pulley initially though.

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #55
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97
How does the alternator clear the frame rails? It looks like you're using the XJ belt routing/accessory location. I used an XJ motor when doing my engine swap & had to switch to a TJ/YJish belt routing, as the alternator would've hit the frame. Also, it's there a reason you're using the oil filter bracket thing & not just putting the filter directly on the block? What injectors are you using? I'm using 24lb mustang injectors on my 4.6L with good results. What exhaust are you using? Manifold back... Sorry for all the questions, my phone's not loading well now, if some are answered, just tell me to read it in the thread ... The build looks good! Sent by a messenger bird

I haven't tried to put the alternator on yet but it looks to me like it will clear the frame. Ill let you know.

There is no specific reason for using the oil filter adapter I just left it on.

Im using accel 26lb/hr injectors but haven't ran them yet.

I've got a pace setter header that is mandrel bent under the pan and back. I will probably run 2" pipe to the hi flow magnaflow cat, then into the pypes violator muffler.

Feel free to aslant questions

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 04-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #56
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngjeepr View Post

I haven't tried to put the alternator on yet but it looks to me like it will clear the frame. Ill let you know.

There is no specific reason for using the oil filter adapter I just left it on.

Im using accel 26lb/hr injectors but haven't ran them yet.

I've got a pace setter header that is mandrel bent under the pan and back. I will probably run 2" pipe to the hi flow magnaflow cat, then into the pypes violator muffler.

Feel free to aslant questions
I would take the oil filter bracket off just for the reason that it's one more thing to leak.

That exhaust sounds good, but I'd recommend some sort of flexible or 2-piece manifold. I'm currently about to pull my cracked Banks manifold. If you already have the header, then run it & maybe use a flex pipe before the cat. I haven't read of any one piece headers that don't crack.

I don't mean to be criticizing...just trying to help ya out.

Also, idk how much it helps with a stroker, but I did a bored throttle body on mine. I got one from Jeff at strokedjeep.com, he has good prices & was great to deal with.

Oh & check out jeepstrokers.com if you haven't, there's some good info on there.

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #57
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97
I would take the oil filter bracket off just for the reason that it's one more thing to leak. That exhaust sounds good, but I'd recommend some sort of flexible or 2-piece manifold. I'm currently about to pull my cracked Banks manifold. If you already have the header, then run it & maybe use a flex pipe before the cat. I haven't read of any one piece headers that don't crack. I don't mean to be criticizing...just trying to help ya out. Also, idk how much it helps with a stroker, but I did a bored throttle body on mine. I got one from Jeff at strokedjeep.com, he has good prices & was great to deal with. Oh & check out jeepstrokers.com if you haven't, there's some good info on there. Sent by a messenger bird
Thanks for the info.

For the exhaust I have all my parts. Im hoping ill be able to keep it short enough to end the exhaust right after the tranny so I can just mount it to the motor/trans that way I don't have to worry as much about it cracking.

I'm a welder at a machine shop so if I need more air I can bore the throttle body out myself and make a new plate. I try to do as much of the work myself as possible.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 05-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #58
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

How's the progress going man?

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #59
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion
How's the progress going man?
Very slow haha I have no motivation to get it done... I'm not sure what's wrong with me haha. I only work on it maybe 3-6 hours a week.

Yesterday I got 98% of my wiring harness hooked up and I finished my light bar mounts.

I also ordered all of my OBA setup. So right now what I have left is the rear stretch, finish the wiring harness, wire the LED light bar and the fogs lights that I picked up at six states the other day, mount/wire the CB, put on my 95 brake booster/master cylinder, hookup the OBA, put the trans mount on, and lengthen/shorten my drivelines if I need too.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 05-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #60
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Today I got the rear stretch done and I made new spring clamps.

I flexed it outrage best I could but my jack wouldn't go high enough.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.