Yota to Jeep....My build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Yota to Jeep....My build

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #61
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice fab work . My cage install is starting this week and I dread cutting the A pillar holes in the dash. Have you found a decent template or do you plan on trying to mark it up with a piece of tubing showing the drop ?

Unread 05-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #62
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Nice fab work . My cage install is starting this week and I dread cutting the A pillar holes in the dash. Have you found a decent template or do you plan on trying to mark it up with a piece of tubing showing the drop ?
Naw just eyed it just take a 2in hole saw and aim to the outside of the duck work lol I'll see if I have some photos

Got some photos of the dash, sorry its all I could come up with since my dash is out LOL

I would say hug the door side of my cuts, I have about 1/2in or so of a gap on the side furthest from the doors. Get a 1.34 saw and dremel and go to town, well take your time if you care more then I do

Molon Labe
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #63
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ok well this has been a fun and very long last couple of days! Got the cage about 70% done and need to make a metal run to complete the rest of the cage. All that is needed is the rear supports, couple more 45 gussets then strip and paint. Still think I'm going to get some 5 points before completing the cage install back into the jeep. Also needing to do my A pillar and C pillar frame tie ins which should be rather simple... I hope!

A pillars went in pretty easy, dash cut out wasn't to bad but I did crack my windsheild in the process of the cage install. Futher Mucker

Still needing to see what I going to do with the windsheild ends. I don't plan to run them and I think I'll just cap them.

I think that pulling the dash was a mistake....what a PITA it was to pull apart, I have a feeling I'll have some extra screws left over LOL

Well Dash is out! All that work just to pull the cage haha

Hard to tell but I had to weld a nut to the B pillar bolt because they were on pretty good. Stripped 5 of the 8 bolts...damn I hate torxheads

Had to throw my new Corbeau seat in so we could roll it out into the driveway to pull the cage...might hurt my back on a long trip but over all pretty nice!

Having some issues with my new seat...I think I might loose some teeth if I make any sudden stops

Molon Labe
Unread 05-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #64
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got the cage pulled out and welded up..Things are so much easier to weld outside the Jeep

I really love the way TJs look without the cage...only if I would die just driving to the trail I would so rock this.

Prettyn icy as the cage is sitting now,still lots of work to be done....I am beat!

Another side profile shot, looks like my rear end sits about 3/4 of a inch or so high since clocking the spring pearches. On a side note, currie should be dropping off my bumpstops in the AM!

Molon Labe
Unread 05-13-2012, 11:53 PM   #65
KillZone47
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Take off the doors and fold down the front windshield. ... Looking goood tho!
KillZone47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #66
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillZone47 View Post
Take off the doors and fold down the front windshield. ... Looking goood tho!

no kidding, boy would I get some looks

Molon Labe
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #67
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ok a little more of an update, man this thing is a lot of work. Tossing around the cage by myself is a real pain in the ars but it needs to get done. Got most of the cage welding done I think, need some opinions on any gussets or bracing for those who know more then I do. I do plan to in stall 5 point in the next few weeks, I am planning on running a tub from B to B just about the floor as my starting point for the seats. I will also be running a piece of tube from my A to B to stiffen the cage as well as a seat mount. After that I plan to get a harness bar from B to B then kinda X of that to add more structure.

Molon Labe
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #68
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here is what I am thinking to complete my cage, again please let me know if any changes or additions should be made!

Black is how I plan to connect my seats to the cage, also help stiffen the cage.
Red will be the harness bar, thinking of ordering the one from Poly performance.
Blue would be the X addition to help reduce the crush factor of the B pillar.

Also note the frame will be frame supported via the A and C pillars

Molon Labe
Unread 05-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #69
Xtremegameroom
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like too much work to me. Lmao
Looking good though
Xtremegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #70
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The cage looks great , fitting and notching is tons of fun huh ?
Unread 05-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #71
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

And.... Seats and 5 point, 5 way harness are on order. Thanks Zach from A to Z!

Molon Labe
Unread 05-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #72
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
The cage looks great , fitting and notching is tons of fun huh ?
Haha yeah, I'll tell you what.... This notching template maker really goes help. Still miss the days when I had access to a real notcher lol

Molon Labe
Unread 05-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #73
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremegameroom
Looks like too much work to me. Lmao
Looking good though
I'll take to much work anyway of the week! Sure not going to regret it doing a endo....feel free to stop by and lend a hand buddy lol

Molon Labe
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #74
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike View Post
Haha yeah, I'll tell you what.... This notching template maker really goes help. Still miss the days when I had access to a real notcher lol
Paper towel roller is what I use as a template . My wife saves them for me .
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #75
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
Paper towel roller is what I use as a template . My wife saves them for me .
Haha I started to save them just didn't have any when I started!

Molon Labe

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.