Yota to Jeep....My build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Yota to Jeep....My build

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 05-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #31
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremegameroom View Post
I was planning on going. Had a trailer lined up to rent and everything but we decided to take the jet skis out to havasu instead!
Be sure to take lots of pics. Have fun out there. I'm sure the weather will be perfect in big bear
Haha I understand that, havaslu is a lot of fun....lots of and well you know Lets plan another big bear run on a Sunday if you want, ever wheeled up there?

Molon Labe
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #32
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongalonga View Post
Wow way to come in to the Jeep world with a full head of steam. Nice rig so far and keep up the great fab work. I would love to see some pics of the old Yota. I am partial to the older 4Runners for some reason.
Thanks man, its been a fun and expensive last couple of months Should start seeing a bit more progress as the UPS and FedEx guys start showing up

Heres a pic of my old 89, after snapping of the motor mount I decided that it was the perfect time to SAS. I loved that rig but timing just wasn't right so it had to go. One day I plan to build another, I too just love the way they look.

Molon Labe
Unread 05-04-2012, 01:27 AM   #33
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Another quick project update! Finally received my 2in LED reverse lights and got around to installing them. Install was pretty easy and straight forward and it is finally nice to be back in compliance with the laws!

Started with a simple 2in clear LED light that I found on ebay.

Since hole saws are not apart of my regular tool box I had to run down to the old Home Depot and pick up a 2 3/8in saw, I think it should be a bit smaller as they are a "little" loose in the hole.
These dang corner armor is nice but a dang pain to drill through...little extra lub

Hole cut, painted and wire dropped.

Next was to connect the light and push the light in, pretty simple and pretty bright.

Molon Labe
Unread 05-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #34
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Also received my shipping info for my cage from A to Z, looks like it should be getting here on the 9th! Until then I need to start working on the cage tie ins and what not...never realized how dang expensive these bushings are, oh well better safe then sorry.

Molon Labe
Unread 05-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #35
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Very nice. That was one sick 4Runner. My wife recently got an '07 and I love that truck. I have to say Toyota knows how to build a rig. I am thinking about putting a small lift and 33s on it to make it look right.
Unread 05-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #36
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongalonga View Post
Very nice. That was one sick 4Runner. My wife recently got an '07 and I love that truck. I have to say Toyota knows how to build a rig. I am thinking about putting a small lift and 33s on it to make it look right.
Absolutely agree, I have had 7 Toyota's to date. One thing I loved about the yotas was the fact that I was able to build that rig for under 6K...I am inching close to 12 in my Jeep now They last forever and like Jeeps they have a huge aftermarket support. I also liked the longer wheelbase as it was much much sturdier

Enjoy the Yota

Molon Labe
Unread 05-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #37
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Agreed the Yota is soooo much nicer to drive. I am sure with the right setup it would be plenty capable offroad as well. Makes me think I should have built the 4Runner first
Unread 05-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #38
Xtremegameroom
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike View Post
Haha I understand that, havaslu is a lot of fun....lots of and well you know Lets plan another big bear run on a Sunday if you want, ever wheeled up there?
Yeah I went up there in the snow once to wheel, did a few small trails, and did John Bull Gatekeeper but i was open/open so i didnt do john bull.
We had a great time up there

Xtremegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #39
Xtremegameroom
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Oh and heres a shot of my taco I had before the jeep.
4x4 sport, 1 1/2" leaf pack in the rear, icon coil overs in the front, and light racing upper arms.
Never got around to finishing it, then the payment became too much so I had to get rid of her. She will be missed. Toyota makes such great trucks

Xtremegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #40
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice rig as well.
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #41
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nice job on those bumpers man, Super legit looking but not an exact copy of what's already out there. Keep it up!
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #42
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremegameroom
Oh and heres a shot of my taco I had before the jeep.
4x4 sport, 1 1/2" leaf pack in the rear, icon coil overs in the front, and light racing upper arms.
Never got around to finishing it, then the payment became too much so I had to get rid of her. She will be missed. Toyota makes such great trucks
Nice taco man, I had one of the first Speedway Blue XRunners back in 05. Miss that truck sometimes!

Molon Labe
Unread 05-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #43
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremegameroom

Yeah I went up there in the snow once to wheel, did a few small trails, and did John Bull Gatekeeper but i was open/open so i didnt do john bull.
We had a great time up there
Nice, I have done John bull with a LSD/Open in the snow which was a blast. Once your back man hit me up and lets run Holcomb

Molon Labe
Unread 05-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #44
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm
Nice job on those bumpers man, Super legit looking but not an exact copy of what's already out there. Keep it up!
Thanks man, I like to fab up as much as I can within reason. Looking forward to my AtoZfab order do I can complete my bumper. Got it all smoothed out with flap disk last night. Getting closer lol

Molon Labe
Unread 05-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #45
Davetha

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I miss my Tacoma. I have a Dodge Ram now. I never should have sold it. The only advantage on the Ram is the towing capacity, for what im doing with it.
Davetha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.