Yota to Jeep....My build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Yota to Jeep....My build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #16
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well I got a bunch of things completed over the last few days. Plan to order a set of Savvy upper control arms for the rear. Soon as my budget allows I need to order a set of lowers, new front 4in Currie springs, and rear shocks to start my outboard project gonna take a little longer then planned since I owe Uncle Sam about $1300 in taxes

First project was my front lower control arm skids...the Skid rows had to go since they were bulky and took up axle clearance. So I fabbed up some "Currie" like skids to help minimize the axle skid plate real estate. For an hour long project I think they came out pretty well

Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #17
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

After weeks of searching I finally came upon a used 35x12.50R15 to replace my 33 spare. Pick up a Goodyear MTR with passable tread for $20, not horrible but for a spare it will do. Got it mounted up and test fit in the rear of the Jeep, looks like its gonna fit like a glove. Also had to paint the rim to match since I was waiting till I got a 35 spare.

I used the Dupli color self etching primer as a base then a Teflon engine paint to coat.

And the final results, please not the rim is not blotchy as seen in the pic....damn camera
Unread 03-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #18
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Another Update!

I have spent the last week building my new rear bumper! Long long hours of grinding, welding, cutting, cussing, and some duggers. Over all I am pretty happy with the build, better photos to come shortly.

Where I started, had to cut off my welded on hitch so had a few touch up spots!

Now getting the basic shape

Now this is where working 5 plus hours after working a long day with out taking a dinner break kicks in. Once my latch was ready to be welded up I got a little happy and welded the swing arm closed!!!!!

Nothing sleep and a cutting wheel couldn't fix

And this is how she sits now, waiting for the paint to cure 100% before throwing my spare up. Overall happy and should hold up just fine
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #19
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Another quick update! Mounted my highlift to the bumper as well to free up some in cab room. Because of how the highlift was mounted I ran into a small issue with with the tail lights. So that forced me to ditch the stockers and get some 4in lights from Harbor Freight which look so much better.

Wired up the factory Green w/black stripe to the new red wire and the all white factory wire to the new black wire. Simple ground and I was done. Now I am missing reverse lights and a lic plate light which I will solve her shortly. Any suggestions on a way to rig up reverse lights?

Also painted my sliders, corner panels and flares which came out pretty good. Tomorrow I should get my rear bumper enforcements in from BSERK and my ROKMEN upper control arms will be in on Wed!
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #20
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 04-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #21
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ok a little update....Rokmen delivered

Got my Rokmen upper and lowers for my rearend, flexed it out and dam& its nice. Time to cut off the spring perches and and bump the rear end as im shoving the tires into the tub

Beefey
yeah those rear uppers needed to go
Now once I pulled off the lowers I found this...I think I sourced my rear clunking issue. Looks like I need to get some weld on washers to fix the issue.

Molon Labe
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #22
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Now I didn't take any photos of it installed but I got my Currie track bar on. Man this thing is way beefy, I can;t wait to put this to the test!

Also got around to installing a little present from BSERK

I think these will help out, Eddie is the man as those welded nuts made life easier

Molon Labe
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #23
Xtremegameroom
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Dude I wish I knew how to weld/had a welder. maybe when I swap in a d44 front/8.8 rear later in life i'll have to pay you to help me install them and you can teach me a bit about welding
Xtremegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #24
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremegameroom View Post
Dude I wish I knew how to weld/had a welder. maybe when I swap in a d44 front/8.8 rear later in life i'll have to pay you to help me install them and you can teach me a bit about welding
Aaron! Dude hit me up anytime buddy I am always down to stick some metal together You planning on going to Forest Fest?

Molon Labe
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #25
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ok a little update! Seams like forever ago since I bumped this thread with some new work, I guess everything else going on kinda got in the way! Got out and wheel a couple of weeks ago and had a blast, never running this trail before I screwed up and didn't disconnect my swaybar Nevertheless it was a great time and really worked the open/open jeep pretty dang good.

Aaron getting his pucker factor on, sorry for not getting the photo when you where about a foot higher!

and best of all the view in some spots was pretty nice!

Molon Labe
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #26
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dude she's lookin good. I really like how you trimmed those flares. I may have to do the same to the front.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #27
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

After saving up for a few weeks I was able to put new things in the works. Put my order in for a new Engo winch, might have to cancel as its about 1 month out and I am on a deadline. While waiting I was able to start on my front bumper to replace that fugly front bumper that came with the jeep Also ordered a cage add on from A to Z fab along with purchasing some extra DOM to reinforce the factory cage. Looking forward to getting everything installed and hope I never need to test it

For my starting point I went to my local steel yard and had them cut my main bumper parts out of 1/4in steel.

Getting everything starting

Also mounted up the lower support as well.

As she sits now, just waiting for my winch hoop to come in from A to Z fab. Also need to install my clevis mounts once those get in. After that a little smoothing with the angle grinder

More to come as things get delivered

Molon Labe
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #28
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Dude she's lookin good. I really like how you trimmed those flares. I may have to do the same to the front.
Thanks! I needed to trim the fronts as they were about to be ripped off under flex

Molon Labe
Unread 05-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #29
Xtremegameroom
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike View Post
Aaron! Dude hit me up anytime buddy I am always down to stick some metal together You planning on going to Forest Fest?
I was planning on going. Had a trailer lined up to rent and everything but we decided to take the jet skis out to havasu instead!
Be sure to take lots of pics. Have fun out there. I'm sure the weather will be perfect in big bear
Xtremegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #30
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wow way to come in to the Jeep world with a full head of steam. Nice rig so far and keep up the great fab work. I would love to see some pics of the old Yota. I am partial to the older 4Runners for some reason.
dongalonga is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.