Yota to Jeep....My build - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Yota to Jeep....My build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #256
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike View Post
Yeah I think the threads got mashed up while installing them and the resistance caused them to spin.

Yeah $300 was pretty steep, looking online I found a few kits I could have bought to repair it. Might order one and keep it as a spare or sell it and make some cash back. Inland is in Ontario off Gusti near the truck stops off the 10 and Miliken. I would have gotten get a TW but I needed one ASAP.
Definitely repair and keep as a spare IMO. Throw it in the back on trips far away from home so you don't have to use front wheel drive or pay a bunch for another drive shaft.

Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #257
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Definitely repair and keep as a spare IMO. Throw it in the back on trips far away from home so you don't have to use front wheel drive or pay a bunch for another drive shaft.
I think that's going to be a game plan, first I need to break it down and see what really broke.

Forgot to add I am happy to have a welder last guy who changed the tire on my bike must have torqued it to 200 ft lbs because there was no way I could get the dang nut off. Tried PB blaster, heat, Impact and for nothing. Finally bust out the welder and went to town...another $68 buck in parts, just my luck
image-1525734379.jpg  

Molon Labe
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #258
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sucks about the carnage. Let us know how that new driveshaft holds up. I'll look into them when i get my sye done. Or if your old one can be fixed i might be interested
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #259
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_
Sucks about the carnage. Let us know how that new driveshaft holds up. I'll look into them when i get my sye done. Or if your old one can be fixed i might be interested
I will bolt up the new shaft tonight and hopefully get the axle seals replaced as well. I think I'm going to disassemble the driveshaft and see what failed and see what I can do to fix it. Found a kit for $90 so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Molon Labe
Unread 04-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #260
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So I started the rearend tear down last night. First I installed the new driveshaft which fit like a glove. Next I drained the oil and begun fighting my locker to pull the C clips. It's never fun trying to uninstall a locker but I finally won.

I then popped off the rotors and realized that brake pads were toast after being soaked in oil. Then after pulling the bearings I realize that the AutoZone tech gave me the wrong bearings and seals for axle. So at this point it was 11pm so I cleaned up and headed to the Autozone hub which is open 24 hours. Changed out the wrong parts and picked up the new E brake pads then headed home.

Since it was getting late I decides to start on the new belts. Now my issue, does anyone have an idea of my belts will be ok mounting them like this? I found a few threads which state if the harness bar is used you can moun them as such. As always better o check and be safe rather then sorry!

image-476180144.jpg   image-4043680174.jpg   image-4209457703.jpg   image-2083415711.jpg  

Molon Labe
Unread 05-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #261
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You have the Rokmen belly up correct?

If you do, how do you like it? Do you have a pic from the side? I'm considering it, but I'm not sure if its flat enough.
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #262
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi
You have the Rokmen belly up correct?

If you do, how do you like it? Do you have a pic from the side? I'm considering it, but I'm not sure if its flat enough.
I like the Rokmen TT, it's flat enough and was pretty heavy duty. I'll see if I can get some pics!

Molon Labe
Unread 05-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #263
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I like the Rokmen TT, it's flat enough and was pretty heavy duty. I'll see if I can get some pics!

Thanks. Since it looks like the Savvy armor isn't happening the Rokmen is one on my list.
Unread 05-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #264
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi

Thanks. Since it looks like the Savvy armor isn't happening the Rokmen is one on my list.
For the price I like it, savvy is nice but for the price and quality I enjoy it. Still have yet to hit it!

Molon Labe
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #265
joshua106
2004 WJ 

Looks good! Keep it coming
joshua106 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #266
mike_bfdr
1981 CJ8 

[QUOTE=Molonlabemike;15339092]
Yesterday I dropped the shaft off at Inland Driveline in Ontario and they quoted me $300 to fix it or $350 for a new shaft. So $350 later I have a new rear driveshaft.

WOW theres a place in san bernardino called ed more drive line i got my drive shaft for $257 with me taking 2 shafts for a Cherokee......... on a side not i was wondering if i can go take a look at you rear tire carrier and wanted to get a few ideas if thats cool with you?
Unread 04-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #267
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

[quote=mike_bfdr;22176489]
Quote:
Yesterday I dropped the shaft off at Inland Driveline in Ontario and they quoted me $300 to fix it or $350 for a new shaft. So $350 later I have a new rear driveshaft.

WOW theres a place in san bernardino called ed more drive line i got my drive shaft for $257 with me taking 2 shafts for a Cherokee......... on a side not i was wondering if i can go take a look at you rear tire carrier and wanted to get a few ideas if thats cool with you?
I don't think he has his jeep anymore from what I know he sold it. Also his profile says he hasn't logged on since June of 13'
Unread 04-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #268
mike_bfdr
1981 CJ8 

[quote=ctorres018;22176873]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bfdr View Post

I don't think he has his jeep anymore from what I know he sold it. Also his profile says he hasn't logged on since June of 13'

didn't even see that lol oh well

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.