Yota to Jeep....My build - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Yota to Jeep....My build

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #151
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
MyJeepRocks.com always has people posting up runs. I get out as often as i can to Big Bear and the desert. I'll check this thread if you post up any runs too, It's always cool to meet some new Jeepers.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. I'm free on Sundays so I'm open to wheelen

Molon Labe
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #152
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike View Post

yeah I was planning on selling it to pay down my STIs loan but as of now the Jeep is staying unless someone really made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Being this economy I don't see that happening
Lol yeah I was trying to convince my dad to get it cuz he was looking for a TJ but he said it had too many upgrades he wanted something stock to start with but if I were you I'd keep it its a sweet rig and you got the STI now that's my plan in the future actually get a STI for DD and jeep for weekends and rock crawling
ctorres018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #153
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorres018 View Post
Lol yeah I was trying to convince my dad to get it cuz he was looking for a TJ but he said it had too many upgrades he wanted something stock to start with but if I were you I'd keep it its a sweet rig and you got the STI now that's my plan in the future actually get a STI for DD and jeep for weekends and rock crawling
Haha yeah it's a money pit, sad part is that I really need to sink another 4k into it to get it 100% (winch, regear, front locker, new mud terrain tires, chromoly front axles, new shocks, front and rear fenders) so it's gonna be a while till its completed

STi is fun but I will eventually need a tow rig which means 3 cars...not ideal

Molon Labe
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #154
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha yeah it's a money pit, sad part is that I really need to sink another 4k into it to get it 100% (winch, regear, front locker, new mud terrain tires, chromoly front axles, new shocks, front and rear fenders) so it's gonna be a while till its completed

STi is fun but I will eventually need a tow rig which means 3 cars...not ideal
I get ya I got a lot to do until mine is 100% too haha and I'm still just building it for a solid DD on 33s I still got a whole list for when I build for 35s lol
Well keep it up let me know if your ever down to go wheeling we hit trails here by cleighorn and trails in big bear area
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #155
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorres018 View Post
I get ya I got a lot to do until mine is 100% too haha and I'm still just building it for a solid DD on 33s I still got a whole list for when I build for 35s lol
Well keep it up let me know if your ever down to go wheeling we hit trails here by cleighorn and trails in big bear area
For sure man, I'm off Sundays and Mondays and always down to take the jeep out. PM me if you are up for wheelen

Molon Labe
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #156
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
For sure man, I'm off Sundays and Mondays and always down to take the jeep out. PM me if you are up for wheelen
For sure man
Unread 11-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #157
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's on! Finally my Jeep is drivable in the the rain!

image-1128555728.jpg
image-1124404801.jpg  

Molon Labe
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #158
Almighty90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike

It's on! Finally my Jeep is drivable in the the rain!
Looks good and glad to see your keeping it.
Almighty90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #159
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty90

Looks good and glad to see your keeping it.
Thanks man, being that I haven't wheeled in months I'm itching to get out and play. At this point I will be in full build mode to get ready for the Easter Jeep Safari. Being I have never gone I have no idea what to expect. At this point I'm building a trailer and gonna drive the Jeep out there! Well, that's the plan lol

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Molon Labe
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #160
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks man, being that I haven't wheeled in months I'm itching to get out and play. At this point I will be in full build mode to get ready for the Easter Jeep Safari. Being I have never gone I have no idea what to expect. At this point I'm building a trailer and gonna drive the Jeep out there! Well, that's the plan lol

HA! We are going to EJS next year as well!

We went last year, and it was a blast, we drove there and back no issues and would do it again. We went alone this year and still had a blast, but I think it would be cool to convoy with some other people next year.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #161
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi

HA! We are going to EJS next year as well!

We went last year, and it was a blast, we drove there and back no issues and would do it again. We went alone this year and still had a blast, but I think it would be cool to convoy with some other people next year.
Nice, I have some things that I need to do to the Jeep to make it more street friendly prior to the trip. Any tips or things that you we different this go around? Also were in the heck does one register for it? Any idea on cost?

Molon Labe
Unread 11-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #162
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Nice, I have some things that I need to do to the Jeep to make it more street friendly prior to the trip. Any tips or things that you we different this go around? Also were in the heck does one register for it? Any idea on cost?

You register on rr4w.com. You better get a hotel asap as they fill up quick! I dont remember the cost but the experience is definelty worth it. A big thing about moab is to come prepared for the weather. One day we were there it was 85 degrees, the next day we woke up to snow and wheeled 7mile rim with it snowing.

The only thing id like to do different is run hells revenge with my own group. When you run it with the ejs group they dont let you do hells gate or the escalator. Being more street friendly is a plus, because its a pretty long boring drive out there. Next year im rocking the soft top as loud as it is and am going to wheel topless and doorless out there. The views are awesome, its not dusty, and when the weather cooperates its very nice out there.
Unread 11-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #163
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

You register on rr4w.com. You better get a hotel asap as they fill up quick! I dont remember the cost but the experience is definelty worth it. A big thing about moab is to come prepared for the weather. One day we were there it was 85 degrees, the next day we woke up to snow and wheeled 7mile rim with it snowing.

The only thing id like to do different is run hells revenge with my own group. When you run it with the ejs group they dont let you do hells gate or the escalator. Being more street friendly is a plus, because its a pretty long boring drive out there. Next year im rocking the soft top as loud as it is and am going to wheel topless and doorless out there. The views are awesome, its not dusty, and when the weather cooperates its very nice out there.
Good stuff, is it possible to just camp out there? Hotel would be nice in all but I rather rough it!

Molon Labe
Unread 11-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #164
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Good stuff, is it possible to just camp out there? Hotel would be nice in all but I rather rough it!

Yes there are places to camp with showers and stuff. I think there is dry camping areas too. I would camp but 9 days is a long time to rough it! haha
Unread 11-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #165
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yes there are places to camp with showers and stuff. I think there is dry camping areas too. I would camp but 9 days is a long time to rough it! haha
Yeah 9 days is a bit, looking online it shows it could be $50 a day for the runs! Outch!

Molon Labe

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.