I've had my jeep for about 2 years now and thought I would finally start a build thread for it.
Dana 30 4.10 Lock Right
Dana 35 4.10 open
4in RC Lift
15x8 3.75bs Summit D Window Wheels
Smittybilt XRC8 Winch
1 piece chromo in the D30
Lose RC kit for OME or RE
GM 5.3 swap
TerraLow or Atlas
I bought it off my uncle for $1200 not having any idea what kind of condition it was in. It wasnt driven in about 10 years and sat outside the whole time. I started off by driving it directly to the shop I worked at and got it some new tires. Knowing I was going to change to 31's in a couple months I got a set of 235/75/15 Wrangler Radials for it for $230 just so it could be on the road. When I got it in the air I was amazed to see it some how managed to have 0 rust on it at all aside from some minor surface rust on the frame that cleaned off.
The top was in horrible condition and leaked all over the place so I took it off and ripped out all the carpet next. I got a free bikini top with it so I put that on for the time While I searched around for a new top. Pulling the carpet I was again amazed to see the floors intact with just a little surface rust on the driver side that I cleaned up.
My uncle ended up finding a brand new top that he never even knew he had so I put that on before winter. Then came a set of 31x10.50 Goodyear Wrangler Authority just in time for the snow.
By February I couldnt take the cold anymore and broke down and bought a hardtop and some full doors off Craigslist and after getting stuck by myself once on a trail I decided to pick up a winch and got a smittybilt XRC8 from summit.
By the following summer it was well past due for some suspension work. All 4 shocks were badly leaking and the oe springs were sagging pretty bad. So I order a 4in RC lift. I planned on running it for a while and upgrading it in the future.
After a couple days I couldnt stand how the 31's looked so I picked up a set of 33x12.50 Mastercraft MT from work for only $680 and I also finally got around to painting the fender flairs.
And a couple shots checking out the flex on the RC springs after the new tires.
The next thing on the list was losing the yellow paint. So in the spring I started the process of repainting it in my garage. It took the better half of the summer to finish. I didn't have a compressor at home so I ended up using Rustoleum Sail blu and rolling it on. It took quite a few coats and a LOT of wetsanding but overall I was happy with how it came out. At the same time I picked up a set of Cavalier seats and swapped them in.
And how it currently sits today. My next plans for it after winter is an 8.8 swap, and an aussie and 1 piece axle for the front.