YJ REDEMPTION, 93 Wrangler Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > YJ REDEMPTION, 93 Wrangler Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #91
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Picked up a Xj front drive shaft from the local JY to use in the future with an SYE.

Also picked up a 3.55 geared dana 30 to go with my 8.25 res end I'm swapping in. She was ugly when I got her but after tearing it down to the housing and R&P, painted with some chassis saver she looks good as new!

Before
image-3532642945.jpg

After

image-3512767810.jpg

Unread 10-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #92
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Went wheeling out in traverse last weekend, had fun was able to make a lot of lines I hadn't been able to before, the RC leafs are really breaking in and really flexing well that being said I still don't like em. On Sunday on the way home on the 250 mile trip out side of flint about 35 miles from home one of my trans cooler lines blew and I lost enough ATF to the point the jeep would no longer shift, it was about 11 at night and long story short I just put my AAA 100 miles towing into good use lol.

Got the jeep home and replaced all the lines the next day on Monday.

The hole that caused all the problems.
image-1134264643.jpg

The PO had the old hard lines cut with out a flare so that eventually wore the hole into the soft line, I went ahead and put a nice flare in the lines so that can never happen.

Double clamped every soft line with fuel hose clamps.

On the high way anything over 60 mph gives me bad vibes so my next purchase will be a PORC SYE and cutting down my XJ shaft which will also include my c8.25 swap at the same time.

Have a couple pictures from last weekend that are just on my phone, I have a lot more on my camera and some videos that I will post up later.

This was a really cool spot along the trail, there was a creek on both sides of the trail about 30 feet down on each side, the trail was just wide enough to get half of each tire to stay on pretty sketchy. Have a lot more pics of this on my camera.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 10-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #93
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Heres a video i made real quick of some wheeling ive done lately
Unread 10-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #94
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Couple more pics from last weekend.

Old cabins where the Mob used to hide out in back in the 20s, about 30 miles from anywhere out in the woods.

Unread 10-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #95
printingray

I love such kind of adventures. I love its peace and calmness. Such kind of places are very much suitable for hunting.
Unread 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #96
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by printingray View Post
I love such kind of adventures. I love its peace and calmness. Such kind of places are very much suitable for hunting.
I've been back in and around that area countless times and I'm yet to see someone back there at the same time I am.
Unread 10-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #97
JEEP_Nut1218
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Shoulda just drove a couple more hours to Houghton! Beautiful this time of year
JEEP_Nut1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 06:10 AM   #98
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP_Nut1218
Shoulda just drove a couple more hours to Houghton! Beautiful this time of year
Haha like 12 more hours lol, I bet it is!

Unread 10-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #99
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Knocked out the next step for having an SYE and TT under my jeep. I didn't want a BL and i didn't want to spend the money on one, but i wanted to TT my jeep so i made my own LowPro Trans mount. The LowPro mount allows you to drop your trans and Tcase about an inch without actually dropping your skid plate. All i did was chop my Trans mount in half then weld the top back on about an inch lower, Not only does this allow you to run a TT with out a BL it also gets rid of your T-case drop if your not going to a SYE.

Started by removing the Trans mount:

Marked a line for the cut:

Cut out a piece of 1/4" stock for the top and drilled the two mount bolt holes.

Welded her up, not my best welds lol it was 6:30 in the morning haha.

Bolted back up to the trans.

Bolted the skid plate back up.

T-case does hit the skid by a tiny bit so i will have to trim the skid out slightly.

Before when i was running the RC 4" lift with 1/2" booms, I was using the 1.5" T-case drop that came with the RC kit and i had some vibes, now with no Tcase drop and the same suspention setup but with my LowPro mount i have slightly less vibes, but thats what a SYE will fix. Now i have plenty of room to puch my T-case up when i go to do a TT and all without a BL
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #100
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Oh, Also got my used RE H&T kit. Only problem is on my XJ front shaft i have a open U joint and the RE kit used a flange to bolt to the drive shaft, so i need to buy a Spicer #211229x which is like $77 bucks + $140 for shortening/balance and rebuild from B&L Drive shaft so my Budget drive shaft just became not so budget lol.

Seal flange

Flange the DS bolts to
Unread 10-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #101
Kalimba
1988 YJ Wrangler 

You don't need to balance the rear SYE shaft, just cut it to length and weld it. They shouldn't charge you that much to do that or if you have a welder you should do it yourself. Have you already installed your SYE kit? How long do you need your driveshaft to be? Mine's 16" and it was also off an XJ, I have a spare I made out of a 1994 Ford Explorer.
1988 WRANGLER-5.7L 350 CHEVY-700R4 TRANNY-WAGGY D44 FRONT & REAR-LOCKRIGHT LOCKER FRONT & REAR-2 - M.O.R.E. TRACTION BAR - HELLA RALLYE 4000 55W HID CONVERSION, CUSTOM LIGHT CAGE.- 35" PROCOMP XTERRAIN.
Kalimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #102
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalimba
You don't need to balance the rear SYE shaft, just cut it to length and weld it. They shouldn't charge you that much to do that or if you have a welder you should do it yourself. Have you already installed your SYE kit? How long do you need your driveshaft to be? Mine's 16" and it was also off an XJ, I have a spare I made out of a 1994 Ford Explorer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalimba
I actually cut and lengthened a rear drive shaft for my CJ and it doesn't have any vibes, I was just thinking since this is my DD and it sees high way speeds but if you had good luck then maybe I'll try it.

The shop that quoted me the 140 said it was $50 for cut/balance and the rest for new u joints since I have to have a special flange pressed in to work with my RE H&T kit. And no I haven't installed the SYE yet.

Does anyone know if you can take a CV shaft apart and put it back together using the same parts or will I need a rebuild kit?

Unread 10-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #103
responder
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nice work! I kind of like the "black" look as well.
responder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #104
Kalimba
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
I actually cut and lengthened a rear drive shaft for my CJ and it doesn't have any vibes, I was just thinking since this is my DD and it sees high way speeds but if you had good luck then maybe I'll try it.

The shop that quoted me the 140 said it was $50 for cut/balance and the rest for new u joints since I have to have a special flange pressed in to work with my RE H&T kit. And no I haven't installed the SYE yet.

Does anyone know if you can take a CV shaft apart and put it back together using the same parts or will I need a rebuild kit?

You can rebuild the CV part, there's a kit with the ball in the middle and the black dust cover that goes around the ball. That one has to be pressed into the yoke. I found it online for about $100.00. I figured it's cheaper to go to the u-pull it yard and but one in decent shape for 20 dollars. Try a front Ford Explorer, those are usually in good shape because they're never lifted and/or abused being a family, soccer mom car... If you get one with good U-joints then all you have to spend is $50.00 to cut it and weld it to your size.

Google "1310 cv rebuild kit" and you'll find more info.
1988 WRANGLER-5.7L 350 CHEVY-700R4 TRANNY-WAGGY D44 FRONT & REAR-LOCKRIGHT LOCKER FRONT & REAR-2 - M.O.R.E. TRACTION BAR - HELLA RALLYE 4000 55W HID CONVERSION, CUSTOM LIGHT CAGE.- 35" PROCOMP XTERRAIN.
Kalimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #105
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Havent done much to the jeep other then replace the water pump, fan clutch, some pulleys and the belt, sounds much better now. Sold the XJ shaft i had because i'm buying a Tom Woods shaft from the same guy i got the H&T kit from. Still collecting parts for the axle swap but it should happen withing the next couple weeks.

Planing on swaping my rear leafs with some stock XJ leafs to gain about 5"-6" of stretch, Will also be adding a RCI fuel cell behind the back seat to make room for the diff. Will have to cut out my stock rear frame cross member and weld in a 2x4 1/4" square tube to hang the rear shackle mounts off of for the XJ leafs. Planning on doing a mild comp cut, nothing, will be leaving the gas filler hole and rear body mounts, will also be fabbing some comp flares. The XJ leafs only give about 2" of lift and that is the most lift i will be running, i plan on running 35" tires, so the jeep will be true LCOG built (i hope lol)

It just so happens that my rear bumper is made from 2x4 1/4" square tube, so i went ahead and chopped it up into a rear cross member.

Notches to fit the frame rails and provide lots of good welding areas, it also has a 1/4" over hang on each side so i can plate the frame.

Stock cross member will get chopped off.

What my comp flares could look like.

Should have some work on the jeep starting soon.

The inspiration for my jeep, i wont be comp cutting nearly as far as these rigs though.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.