YJ REDEMPTION, 93 Wrangler Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > YJ REDEMPTION, 93 Wrangler Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #16
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Haven't updated in a lilttle while on vacation now and have been working a bunch but I did get some stuff for the jeep.

Ordered front/rear 1/2" lift booms from Eddie at GPF. Got them painted and waiting to be installed.

Shopping for tires now have it narrowed down to Goodyear mt/r k and bfg km2 and either 33s or 35s, decisions decisions.

Unread 05-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #17
sxi4evr
1995 YJ Wrangler 

lookin good! you sure got lucky with no rust being in michigan! i just bought a yj with a new 4 inch rough country lift. its my first jeep so i don't know much and i don't have anything to compare it to, but the springs seem stiff to me... maybe its just because they're still brand new? also i'm prett sure my rear shackle angle is different then yours. that's about all i can offer on the rc lift haha
sxi4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #18
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxi4evr
lookin good! you sure got lucky with no rust being in michigan! i just bought a yj with a new 4 inch rough country lift. its my first jeep so i don't know much and i don't have anything to compare it to, but the springs seem stiff to me... maybe its just because they're still brand new? also i'm prett sure my rear shackle angle is different then yours. that's about all i can offer on the rc lift haha
Thanks man! Yeah lift springs are pretty stiff but a lot of it has to do with the quality of shocks you run also. I would hope your shackle angle is different then mine lol! Somehow the PO managed to set up the suspension all wrong!

It will get there though. Now I need to check my gear ratio when I get home, if I have something like 3.73 ill probably go with 35's b/c that's the size tire I would like to build the jeep around and going right to 35's would save some money and allow me to upgrade as necessary. If I have higher gears like the 3.07s I'm probably going to have to go with 33s for now...
Unread 06-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #19
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well by reading the tag on my d30 it looks like ill be going with 33s for now since my axles only have 3.07s. That's ok I guess, it will give me time to make other upgrades like armor and such.

In other news, the motor is in! Took awhile and had a couple hang up but its in and bolted to the tranny. Next is to figure out where all the plugs and wires go and connect all the fuel lines and tranny lines.

Also got the 1/2" lift GPF boom shackles installed. I guess the springs may just need to be broken in for a better shackle angle.

Never ran these on my old Yj so I thought why start now?
Unread 06-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #20
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I like the new YJ! I've always thought it would be cool to own a nice one. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here!
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #21
castorriver
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327
Picked up a spectro air cleaner that I'm just going to run as a cold air intake...
What did you do with the sensors on the intake tube? I'd like to do this to my YJ.
Registered Nurse Jeep Club Member #1 (I think...)

Verse 36: And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
castorriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #22
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
I like the new YJ! I've always thought it would be cool to own a nice one. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here!
Thanks man! I was looking at YJ and TJ projects but i found this and it was close to home and had the 4.0 so i got it! I cant wait to start doing some "FUN" mods to it
Quote:
Originally Posted by castorriver View Post
What did you do with the sensors on the intake tube? I'd like to do this to my YJ.
I don't have any sensors on the intake tubes, only on the intake manifold....
Unread 06-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #23
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Pick up some parts from the local parts store.

New serpentine belt, radiator hoses, thrush welded muffler, and a new down pipe.

Been working on figuring out all the wiring and engine stuff. Made the air intake, won't be too much of a cold air intake but it should pick up a bunch of wind off the fan...

Yup that's a piece of PVC, I still need to paint it black and mount it to the fender.
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #24
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well as i said before I was shopping around for a new set of tires, either Goodyear mt/r or bfg km2. Well my cheap side got ahold of me and I bought a set of used tires off Craigslist. 33/12.5/15 Goodyear mt/r (old style) 75% tread. I ran them on my old Yj and really liked them so I'm excited to see how the 12.5's work.

I also got a free offset aluminum jeep wheel from the guy and I actually like the look of it, so I'm going to see if they still make the wheel and possibly get 4 more.
Unread 06-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #25
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looking forward to seeing the new rubbers mounted up!
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #26
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig
Looking forward to seeing the new rubbers mounted up!
Thanks man, me too!
Unread 06-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #27
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Just been working on the wiring and motor parts. Had to change to a 91 YJ harness b/c the harness we had was from a 96 ZJ which the motor is from and just was not going to work at all with a YJ (dumb po!). got all the sensors changed to YJ instead of ZJ, about $200 in sensors, i like carbs better then fuel injection haha or at least working on carbed motors. Also picked up a rear seat that matched my fronts off CL for $20.

Old ZJ harness the PO's were trying to use in a YJ lol.
I call him Uverse haha.

Other then that im postponing updates until the jeep is running and i can post up more "fun" upgrades..
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #28
Damon1995
1994 YJ Wrangler 

soa soa soa soa!
Damon1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #29
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon1995
soa soa soa soa!
At some point I want to build an offroad only soa rig but since this is going to be my DD I'm going to keep it somewhat low with it eventually on 35's and lockers...
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #30
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well after much wiring issues, trying three different harnesses, two ecu's, a new fuel pump/sending unit, the jeep is running! The zj 4.0 runs awsome, smoked for a few minutes and idled a little roudh the first time we started it but after that it ran smooth and clean! Still have a few things to do befor we take it for a test drive but the major issues are worked out (i hope lol).

Here's a video of the first time it has run in the jeep and for the last 5 years for that matter. a little loud, just strait piped to a thrush welded, dumped befor the axle.

After it has been running for a while, nice and smooth and clean.

got the lights working

Seats back in

motor, wiring all cleaned up and ready

Built this exhaust, just straight pipe, no cat, thrush welded muffler and a turn down before the axle, muffler is clocked for off road clearance.
'

Been shooting this a lot! (Browning BLR /308)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.