YJ build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > YJ build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGR8TOPS HD TJ Replacement HingesPoison Spyder JK LED Taillight & Wiring Harness Kits

Unread 05-24-2015, 01:47 PM   #1
CburginCali
1995 YJ Wrangler 

YJ build

whats up guys. about to start my first build. need some opinions/advice.

I've got a 95 Sahara edition.

looking into a Rocky Road Outfitters 6.5in SOA lift and put it on 37's. I don't want to go spring over because I don't have the money for it and I don't want to use a bolt on Pro Comp. has anybody heard anything about these lifts?

going to throw 4.88 gears front and rear with a Spartan locker in the front (Dana 30) and limited slip (im not sure what brand since I don't know a lot about limited slip) in the rear (D 35C).

any tips or certain parts that I should buy or not buy? thanks in advance for the help.

20150522_193337.jpg   img_2758.jpg   screenshot_2015-04-20-11-51-34.jpg  
CburginCali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
y2k-fxst
1964 CJ6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CburginCali View Post
looking into a Rocky Road Outfitters 6.5in SOA lift and put it on 37's. I don't want to go spring over because I don't have the money for it and I don't want to use a bolt on Pro Comp. has anybody heard anything about these lifts?
Little confused by this statement, first you say you are looking at a 6.5" SOA. Then you say you don't want to go spring over. Is your statement about the manufacture?

Quote:
going to throw 4.88 gears front and rear with a Spartan locker in the front (Dana 30) and limited slip (im not sure what brand since I don't know a lot about limited slip) in the rear (D 35C).

any tips or certain parts that I should buy or not buy? thanks in advance for the help.
You say you want 37" tires, if so your factory axles are not going holdup if you do more than cruise the burger stand and mall parking lot.
Unread 05-24-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
CburginCali
1995 YJ Wrangler 

sorry I meant I do not want to do a coil over. but yes the statement is about the manufacture. are they a decent company, do they make a decent product, etc...

37's are my final goal. I would prefer them however I would run 35's if that means I don't have to change the axles.
Unread 05-24-2015, 02:41 PM   #4
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
sorry I meant I do not want to do a coil over. but yes the statement is about the manufacture. are they a decent company, do they make a decent product, etc...

37's are my final goal. I would prefer them however I would run 35's if that means I don't have to change the axles.
put an 8.8 in the budget if you plan on wheeling with your 35" tires.
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2015, 07:36 PM   #5
y2k-fxst
1964 CJ6 

Quote:

35's would be the limit for even a Dana 44 axle, would not wheel with anything over 31's with factory axles unless it's a Rubicon with the Dana 44 axle. 37's your getting into Dana 60/1 ton areas.
Unread 05-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #6
CburginCali
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ive got 31's right now and they aren't big enough for what I want to do. ive been looking into D44's new and used but cant seem to find a reasonable price on a set anywhere.
Unread 05-26-2015, 01:38 AM   #7
y2k-fxst
1964 CJ6 

Best bet is to look for a junk truck with the axles you want. That's how I got my 1977 Wagoneer Dana 44 front axle for $27. Found one that was toast, bought it cheap, sold off some parts and scrapped the rest.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.